F1: 2007

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, the speculation is right. We will not be going back to Indianapolis next year.

America dropped from F1 calendar

Personally, I feel this is a real shame. It's not just the tradition of The Brickyard, but the fact that we're losing what isn't actually that bad a racetrack. What will they replace it with? Another soulless autodrome? Goodie.

Unfortunately, the speculation is right. We will not be going back to Indianapolis next year.

America dropped from F1 calendar

Personally, I feel this is a real shame. It's not just the tradition of The Brickyard, but the fact that we're losing what isn't actually that bad a racetrack. What will they replace it with? Another soulless autodrome? Goodie.

And, to think, my city is revamping its auto racetrack to try to bring in the likes of NASCAR and Indy. I do not think this is true, but to have a SECOND Canadian F1 race in the country for the western half of the nation? If Montreal has one, why not have one in the Canadian West? That is a little much to ask for here and I do not think Ecclestone would agree to such an offer.

Next Years Schedule

Australian Grand Prix - Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit - Melbourne

Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepand International Circuit - Kuala Lumpur

Bahrain Grand Prix - Bahrain International Circuit - Manama

Spanish Grand Prix - Circuit de Catalunya - Barcelona

Monaco Grand Prix - Circuit de Monaco - Monte-Carlo

Canadian Grand Prix - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - Montreal

British Grand Prix - Silverstone Circuit - Silverstone

German Grand Prix - Hockehnheimring - Hockenheim

Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring - Budapest

Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul Park - Istanbul

European Grand Prix - Valencia Street Circuit - Valencia

Italian Grand Prix - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Monza

Belgian Grand Prix - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Spa

Singapore Grand Prix - Singapore Street Circuit -Singapore

Pacific Grand Prix - Suzuka Circuit - Suzuka

Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai International Circuit - Shanghai

Japanese Grand Prix - Fuji Speedway - Mount Fiji

Brazilian Grand Prix -Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace - Sao Paulo

WTF two races in Spain and in Japan???

2009 is even worse with a potential of 22 races with India, UAE, the USA and France reappearing.

2010 is again even worse with a potential 25 races with Mexico, Korea, Argentina and South Africa making apperances.

2011 - could see the lose of the Australian Grand Prix, which is a blood shame, its not Australia's fault they are 5 to 8 hours ahead of Europe.

I also fear that Hungary, Belgium and Canada will lose their races with the UAE, Mexico, Korea, Argentina and South Africa being more important markets to the FAI than those 3, mind you I think that 2 races in Spain and Japan is utterly madness.

Meanwhile the spy rumpus continues with the McLaren employee at the centre of it set to reveal all.

Coughlan to reveal all in spy row

Why do I have a feeling this is about to get much more messy?

Well, no thanks to this chap, Hamilton's entire rookie F1 season is threatened with disqualifications galore, so to speak.

Link: BBC: Hamilton Threatened Over Spy Row

_43996290_hamilton.jpg

Next Years Schedule

Australian Grand Prix - Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit - Melbourne

Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepand International Circuit - Kuala Lumpur

Bahrain Grand Prix - Bahrain International Circuit - Manama

Spanish Grand Prix - Circuit de Catalunya - Barcelona

Monaco Grand Prix - Circuit de Monaco - Monte-Carlo

Canadian Grand Prix - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - Montreal

British Grand Prix - Silverstone Circuit - Silverstone

German Grand Prix - Hockehnheimring - Hockenheim

Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring - Budapest

Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul Park - Istanbul

European Grand Prix - Valencia Street Circuit - Valencia

Italian Grand Prix - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Monza

Belgian Grand Prix - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Spa

Singapore Grand Prix - Singapore Street Circuit -Singapore

Pacific Grand Prix - Suzuka Circuit - Suzuka

Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai International Circuit - Shanghai

Japanese Grand Prix - Fuji Speedway - Mount Fiji

Brazilian Grand Prix -Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace - Sao Paulo

WTF two races in Spain and in Japan???

2009 is even worse with a potential of 22 races with India, UAE, the USA and France reappearing.

2010 is again even worse with a potential 25 races with Mexico, Korea, Argentina and South Africa making apperances.

2011 - could see the lose of the Australian Grand Prix, which is a blood shame, its not Australia's fault they are 5 to 8 hours ahead of Europe.

I also fear that Hungary, Belgium and Canada will lose their races with the UAE, Mexico, Korea, Argentina and South Africa being more important markets to the FAI than those 3, mind you I think that 2 races in Spain and Japan is utterly madness.

No country should be allowed more than one race a season. I don't care who they are. It isn't right.

I don't realistically see the F1 calendar going beyond 20 races a season. That will be more than enough for most people, least of all the teams themselves.

Personally, I wouldn't be too bothered if Hungary did disappear from the calendar, as that track is probably the most boring of the whole year. There will be an uproar if Belgium or Canada are dropped, because they are great circuits.

I do not think there is a need for a race in Bahrain and the UAE. Also why is there a need for Bahrain, UAE, India, Malaysia, China, Korea, Japan and Japan. Its not necessary to have that many races in Asia. Its a bloody shame if Australia goes away. Also why Canada-USA-Mexico-Brazil-Argentina?

If I was running F1 this is the schedule I would want

1. Australian GP

2. Japanese GP

3. Korean GP

4. Chinese GP

5. UAE GP

6. South African GP

7. Brazilian GP

8. Argentine GP

9. United States GP

10. Canadian GP

11. British GP

12. Spanish GP

13. French GP

14. Monacan GP

15. Belgian GP

16. German GP

17. Italian GP

18. Hungarian GP

19. Turkish GP

20. Russian GP

Every continent has at least one GP and Europe carries the balance of the races, all major markets are represented

I'd probably make one or two changes to some races, but I think you're pretty much on the mark. The big problem we have at the moment is that the dwarf Ecclestone is chasing money and not understanding the heritage of his product, which has largely been built up in Europe, and that disappoints me.

I'd probably make one or two changes to some races, but I think you're pretty much on the mark. The big problem we have at the moment is that the dwarf Ecclestone is chasing money and not understanding the heritage of his product, which has largely been built up in Europe, and that disappoints me.

No kidding. That guy scares me a bit, with his appearance. :P

Dramatic European Grand Prix weekend at the Nurburgring with Lewis Hamilton airlifted to hospital after a 175mph crash in qualifying yesterday. He is racing, though, and is 10th on lap 42, after a rain-affected race which was stopped in the early stages.

Crazy race. Hamilton was brilliant in keeping his engine going when nobody else who span off did but not so brilliant going on to dry tyres so early. Alonso showed why he is a double world champ though we'll have to see what the FIA make of Honda's understandable complaints about his dangerous pit stop.

Sounded ridiculous on the radio, and that was even without taking dear old Murray Walker into consideration.

Watching six cars spin off on the same corner into the same gravel trap in less than a minute is probably the funniest thing I've seen in F1. We are all laughing at the TV, "there goes another one!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEvt9u15gvg

:lol:

How strong!! HAMILTON AGAIN IN THE RACE!!! INJUSTICE!!! <_<

If it was against the rules he'd have been black flagged. If other drivers didn't have the presence of mind to keep their engines going that's their problem.

Whether the rules are correct or not is another matter, and I tend to agree with you that if a car has to be pulled free it shouldn't be allowed to continue. But that's obviously not what the rules say otherwise Hamilton would have been black flagged and you can't blame the drivers for using the rules to their advantage can you?

Anyway, he missed out on the points so it's all academic.

A lot of strange things happened in that race. And Mikel, before you take the moral high ground, Alonso didn't win without some controversial help either. His pit crew let him out when the pit lane wasn't clear, which is bloody dangerous. If he'd been let out safely behind Fisichella he wouldn't have been in a position to attack Massa by the end of the race and would certainly have finished second.

A hearing coming up could determine Hamilton's fate in his "rookie season", no thanks to that spying row. Unfortunately, I do not see a date in the article.

Link: BBC: McLaren Ready For F1 Spy Hearing

_44019682_mcfer203.jpg

Here is what Ecclestone was reported to have said about this whole incident: "Looks like it's a lot of fuss about nothing."

Already, the schedule for the 2008 F1 season is out.

2008 Formula One calendar released by the FIA on Friday:

March 16 Australia (Melbourne)

March 23 Malaysia (Sepang)

April 6 Bahrain (Sakhir)

April 27 Spain (Barcelona)

May 11 Turkey (Istanbul)

May 25 Monaco

June 8 Canada*

June 22 France

July 6 Britain (Silverstone)

July 20 Germany (Hockenheim)

Aug 3 Hungary (Hungaroring)