Technical Questions

Your Modship, would you consider removing the restrictions on changing usernames to enable non-premium members to change their usernames during sweepstakes? Being able to change name is a key part of participation & the humour of sweepstakes on GB - it should be open to all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

OK, ROb -- latest question.

After the new GB configuration, why can't I whether I'm on Google Chrome or on Internet-Explorer go back to past pages.  If I go back tprevious to the latest page, the only message that appears is "Loading,"  And then it doesn;t go anywhere after that.  What's up?  

It's been doing the same for me since the update. Try refreshing the browser when that happens. I've got used to doing that whenever I go to a new thread page.

7 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

OK, ROb -- latest question.

After the new GB configuration, why can't I whether I'm on Google Chrome or on Internet-Explorer go back to past pages.  If I go back tprevious to the latest page, the only message that appears is "Loading,"  And then it doesn;t go anywhere after that.  What's up?  

The software vendor has not been able to provide a solution to that. Sorry, happens to me too.

On 02/06/2017 at 6:32 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

Actually, Rols' suggestion works.  Thanks. 

Altenatively:

TRY THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK TO GO BACK TO EARLIER PAGES IN A THREAD !

In the browser Address Bar, select everything in the url after "?page=" and type the number of the page you want to visit (which should thus appear in the Address Bar in place of the selected text), then press Enter.

Probably rather fiddly on a touchscreen, but very effective with a mouse/touchpad.

• 4 years later...

Hey @GBModerator

None of the forms submit on the site from my laptop in any browser. I can't post or even sign in; all that happens is it returns to the form with no fields filled in. Feels like a database issue to me but could be wrong.

Could you check if there's something going on with the site or with my account?

Thanks

Rob

Edited by Rob.

• 3 months later...