• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regarding the reputation system. Can there be a way by which people giving either positive or negative points have to give a reason. It appears that several people are using it to to further grudges

what - again

This is the same reputation system used by many boards. Reputions (even in the real world) are often very subjective - as is this one). I wouldn't worry to much about it though - your posts still ap

The forum software was recently changed - it's possible that this feature is no longer available. Additionally, you can only change your display alias once over a specified period. If you already changed it it may be unavailable.

But that doesn't explain why I have the feature and 4gamesandcounting doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps a like or dislike option for the particular post being made rather than an option which could be used against members themselves. The trouble with the old system was that it was being abused by some and some of the troublesome members here do also post some good things from time to time. So it would be better to show our support or anger at the particular posts made.

• Like 1

What are warning points? I have only just saw that now in my profile.

I asked the Mod about them in a PM and got no response.

I received one for stating a verifiable fact about something another poster had written. Oh well.

I don't know if it's 2 or 3 strikes before you get banned. I'm not losing sleep over it.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed the past week that my daily Google news search for Olympics and Commonwealth games items etc is throwing up old GamesBids articles (and saying they're just hours old). Just today it threw up, as new, "Nigeria may bid for 2018 Commonwealth Games" (now that's a blast from the past!). I got excited last week with one "New York City may bid for games" only to find it was from a year or so ago.

Any ideas why? Anbody else noticing.

I've noticed the past week that my daily Google news search for Olympics and Commonwealth games items etc is throwing up old GamesBids articles (and saying they're just hours old). Just today it threw up, as new, "Nigeria may bid for 2018 Commonwealth Games" (now that's a blast from the past!). I got excited last week with one "New York City may bid for games" only to find it was from a year or so ago.

Any ideas why? Anbody else noticing.

I have noticed that too with other sites. It must be a google issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Mod, is there any way to skip straight to a particular page in a topic on the mobile site, as you can do on the desktop version? As far as I can see, you have to push next constantly to get to the last page in a topic.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...