Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

Technical Questions

The sweepstakes take up, on average, one thread a year.

Think we're probably ok as is.

Could we have a dedicated Sweepstakes section please?

xxx

Edited by Sir Rols

Your Modship, would you consider removing the restrictions on changing usernames to enable non-premium members to change their usernames during sweepstakes? Being able to change name is a key part of participation & the humour of sweepstakes on GB - it should be open to all.

Good idea, but it can get confusing when everyone changes their names.

:) You can pretty much figure out who members are when name changes in sweepstakes et al take place. Sometimes changes happen because the member prefers something different.

Rob, PG&E banners on my end, keep gumming up access to the Forum pages. The page keeps regenerating ad infinitum and I have to do a "Reply Now" move or something else. It seems endemic.

OK, ROb -- latest question.

After the new GB configuration, why can't I whether I'm on Google Chrome or on Internet-Explorer go back to past pages.  If I go back tprevious to the latest page, the only message that appears is "Loading,"  And then it doesn;t go anywhere after that.  What's up?  

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

After the new GB configuration, why can't I whether I'm on Google Chrome or on Internet-Explorer go back to past pages.  If I go back tprevious to the latest page, the only message that appears is "Loading,"  And then it doesn;t go anywhere after that.  What's up?  

It's been doing the same for me since the update. Try refreshing the browser when that happens. I've got used to doing that whenever I go to a new thread page.

7 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

The software vendor has not been able to provide a solution to that. Sorry, happens to me too.

On 02/06/2017 at 6:32 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

Actually, Rols' suggestion works.  Thanks. 

Altenatively:

TRY THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK TO GO BACK TO EARLIER PAGES IN A THREAD !

In the browser Address Bar, select everything in the url after "?page=" and type the number of the page you want to visit (which should thus appear in the Address Bar in place of the selected text), then press Enter.

Probably rather fiddly on a touchscreen, but very effective with a mouse/touchpad.