Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

Technical Questions

Don't know if it's a regional problem (again), but the ad server's incredibly ... unbelievably ... slow again today - it's taking about 10 minutes to load up any page.

Soon

When will the permanent Glasgow 2014 thread be included?

Re the GamesBids forum Twitter account...I assume it's automated to just generate the title of each new topic? Any possibility (like the Inside the Games and ATR Twitter accounts) hash marks can be used (e.g. #Munich2018 or #IOC etc) as part of each new tweet?

Re the GamesBids forum Twitter account...I assume it's automated to just generate the title of each new topic? Any possibility (like the Inside the Games and ATR Twitter accounts) hash marks can be used (e.g. #Munich2018 or #IOC etc) as part of each new tweet?

From the forums this would be difficult - we would need to set up several different RSS streams.

What is the procedure for when a member makes a complaint against foul or obscene language being used against another member?

• Like 1

Anything you can do about these irrelevant and inane Twitter posts that keep making it onto the status updates (from members who've either posted just omnce, or even never posted or even given themselves a profile name)?

Since the Twitter link feature has been added, the status updates are open to anyone who joins. There is no way to control who is listed there or what they post right now. Sorry about this - but if it annoys you I suggest you just ignore it. We'll do what we can to reduce spam.

The Glasgow 2014 thread has yet again disappeared. For the 3rd time, can we have a permanent thread for this?????

Have you got the post threshold set correctly? At the bottom of the forum have you got it set to show posts from last 30 days only?

I keep seeing this all over the forums instead of the actual images:

blocked_login.jpg

And when I went to the the registry site (http://stream.imageshack.us/content.php?page=register_domain), it says there that "Only Owners, Administrators, Operators, or Moderators may register the domain."

Not sure if I'm supposed to be the one registering it or GBMod, so any help or clarification would be appreciated.

I keep seeing this all over the forums instead of the actual images:

blocked_login.jpg

And when I went to the the registry site (http://stream.imageshack.us/content.php?page=register_domain), it says there that "Only Owners, Administrators, Operators, or Moderators may register the domain."

Not sure if I'm supposed to be the one registering it or GBMod, so any help or clarification would be appreciated.

I'm looking into it.

I bought an iPhone last week and I had to learn that you didn't get an Info when you had received a new msg. Is that possible to change that?

Furthermore I think it is difficult to see, if somebody added a new reply in a thread respectively somebody added a new thread. Or did I haven't recognised some sign so far?

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

A member (who obviously has mental health issues) has been spamming my message box with colourful messages. Is it possible to block him so that he cannot send me message again.

Click the arrow at the top in the blue box next to your username, click "manage ignored users". Should be able to do it from there I reckons.

Thanks. Couldn't find it!

I bet you couldn't find your soul if your life depended on it.

You don't want them in private, FINE...they will appear in public or on the Twitter column! :P

Edited by baron-pierreIV