Technical Questions

• 4 weeks later...

I'm liking the new forums today; just one small point, I notice the "View New Content" link isn't working in the Android version of the forum software. No threads are being shown when you click on it.

Thanks,

Rob

I'm not sure that the mobile version is fully android compatible. It has been designed for iPhone.

It was working fine (from my work PC) when you went back live after the update yesterday, But very buggy this morning from home. On both my Mac and Windows machines individual forums and threads are taking an innordinate time to load past the first topic or post on a page (and this technical questions thread in particular doesn't get past loading the top page post -Rob's latest - at all).

Don't seem to be having probs with any other sites.

It was working fine (from my work PC) when you went back live after the update yesterday, But very buggy this morning from home. On both my Mac and Windows machines individual forums and threads are taking an innordinate time to load past the first topic or post on a page (and this technical questions thread in particular doesn't get past loading the top page post -Rob's latest - at all).

Don't seem to be having probs with any other sites.

Actually, this was an unrelated problem with our third party ad service and it was regional. It should be okay now - let me know if it isn't.

So far the new mobile format is working fine for me (IPhone helps I guess...sorry Rob), though posting this way is less capable than on the PC (which is to be expected I guess). For now I see the mobile version more suitable for browsing threads and getting updates than actually being a tool to contribute with...

The mobile site is actually very good indeed - I'm not knocking it. Unlike other forums I browse on my phone Gamesbids (IP Board) has custom mobile style sheets set up so it fits the screen; no need to pinch to zoom. I'm just a bit miffed the "View New Content" button has stopped working as that's the way I use these forums (I'll rarely click on the individual forums).

I signed out of the mobile site and deleted my bookmark to see if logging back in would solve the problem. I now can't even login on my phone any more. :(

An Error Occured

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure how to use this feature....

[#10193] We encountered a problem processing your login request. Please try again.

I've noticed on my iPhone that most people's avatars no longer appear. RobH seems to have two avatars. His usual 2012 logo, and a smaller union jack that appears on the phone. How do I add a second image or make my smaller logo appear on phones? A lot of people now have no image showing - can we publicise the fact that people need to manually add a smaller image?!

The smaller union jack image sounds like my profile pic. Look at my profile, you'll see it there.

There are avatars and profile pics - I think you ar mixing them up. Not everyone has both.

I signed out of the mobile site and deleted my bookmark to see if logging back in would solve the problem. I now can't even login on my phone any more. :(

I don't seems to have a problem logging in and others seem ok too. PErhaps download the InVision App from the App store - that might help you access the forums easier.

I would like to ask you to keep availlable the thread on the IOC vote in October 2, 2009. That belongs to the history of GB and its members who shared their feelings, their fears, their hopes, dellusion and celelbration during that historic moment, on real time. Please, consider this. That moment in GB belongs to the history of each one of us, members from all around the world. Thank you. God bless you. Stay under the protection of the Holy Virgin. Have a nice week.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a difference between the two twitter accounts in your signature Rob. I've followed @gamesbids for a while, and I've just started following @olympicforums and notice the same tweet come up twice on my feed?

@gamesbids is a news feed from our main site.

@olympicforums is a feed of new topics from the forums (except some of the special forums). Since the main site news feed opens up topics in the forums - those are included too and that is why you may get duplicates. Also, sometimes we send special tweets to both twitter accounts.