Technical Questions

• 2 months later...

Not quite sure how to explain my issue, so bear with:

It would seem that I've tripped a setting and I'm not sure how to undo what I've done. My topic display has gone from a 'Message Board' to more of a 'Tread Based' tree. IE, posts don't display sequentially for me anymore, rather after the first post there is a long link list of each reply beneith it.

Is there any way to get the older, more traditional message board setup back?

Not quite sure how to explain my issue, so bear with:

It would seem that I've tripped a setting and I'm not sure how to undo what I've done. My topic display has gone from a 'Message Board' to more of a 'Tread Based' tree. IE, posts don't display sequentially for me anymore, rather after the first post there is a long link list of each reply beneith it.

Is there any way to get the older, more traditional message board setup back?

I'm not sure - but I know others here have resolved this. Any ideas anyone?

GBModerator,

I do not know if this is possible - but is it possible with the GB forum software to "mark" a member in a post (that is possible in facebook) - I mean you can "mark" a member - e.g. Roltel - you need just to write @sirroltel and the person get a message that he/she is addressed by another member...

• Like 1

Regarding the reputation system.

Can there be a way by which people giving either positive or negative points have to give a reason. It appears that several people are using it to to further grudges they have with people.

For example, I am already at -8. I am getting negative points for correcting a person who said that only England was Britain which is incredibly insulting and wrong. Why should I receive a negative point for stating the truth. Additionally, in the Vancouver 2010 thread a poster accused people (myself included)of ignorance when we were speculating that the cauldron might be tipi shaped. The person, because of this reputation system has unfairly given me negative points for pro-actively taking part in a nice, civil discussion about the Olympic Cauldron.

I think the system is clearly open to abuse.

• Like 1

Regarding the reputation system.

Can there be a way by which people giving either positive or negative points have to give a reason. It appears that several people are using it to to further grudges they have with people.

For example, I am already at -8. I am getting negative points for correcting a person who said that only England was Britain which is incredibly insulting and wrong. Why should I receive a negative point for stating the truth. Additionally, in the Vancouver 2010 thread a poster accused people (myself included)of ignorance when we were speculating that the cauldron might be tipi shaped. The person, because of this reputation system has unfairly given me negative points for pro-actively taking part in a nice, civil discussion about the Olympic Cauldron.

I think the system is clearly open to abuse.

This is the same reputation system used by many boards. Reputions (even in the real world) are often very subjective - as is this one). I wouldn't worry to much about it though - your posts still appear as normal.

• Like 2

In the old version there was a save pad, where you can store something - in the new version I haven't found such pad yet - is it gone?

If you go to the "my settings" page, one of the options in the menu then is "manage notes" (I assume that's what you're after). I found it yesterday when I was trying to find a place to save my fatso avatar for the vancouver duration.

If you go to the "my settings" page, one of the options in the menu then is "manage notes" (I assume that's what you're after). I found it yesterday when I was trying to find a place to save my fatso avatar for the vancouver duration.

lol - that was exactly my intention, too

I had several signatures filed there...