Technical Questions

I wasn't able to access the GBforum from the eraly morning until the afternoon - it worked for me again after I contacted GBModerator via the contact-e-mail on GamesBids...

Did somebody else had problems, too?

There was a database problem for a few hours. It has now been resolved.

• 3 weeks later...

Can we at least get those bloody Bosnia threads closed to try and give him the message? Or does one of us have to do a Puppy and start posting the word c*nt over and over to get them locked and closed.

And didn't Zenica get a warning and suspension once before? (Same time James did?)

Edited by Sir Roltel

our "friend" has started another two "Bosnia" threads, which consist out of quotes only - which are translated by an online translator - without any personal statement of him/her/it

I think a forum is a place where people share their thoughts - quotes are good when a poster has something to say about that, but somebody who just post quotes, is on GamesBids out of place

Is it possible that zenicas posts are reviewed (like the posts of james) before they appear on GB?

Thanks for removing those other threads yesterday Rob, but he still doesn't seem to get the message. If he's not cut-and-pasting his tedious articles, the only original words he seems to be posting now are "bla, bla, bla". I concur with CAF and London 2012.

Thanks for removing those other threads yesterday Rob, but he still doesn't seem to get the message. If he's not cut-and-pasting his tedious articles, the only original words he seems to be posting now are "bla, bla, bla". I concur with CAF and London 2012.

yeah, thanks Rob for removing the other threads yesterday - I agree with rol that it seems that zenica doesn't get the message...

Thanks again Rob!

Well, this time seems to have done the trick. I've noticed Zen lurking, but no attempt to reports the Bosnian threads again.

It's not so much nthe subject matter - it's just that he just posted badly and auto-translated copis of articles with no attempt to comment. And despite NOBODY showing any interest, he just kept persisting. Most of us have probably started threads that didn't get the responses we hoped - and we mostly learn to leave them dead and buried.

I still think it's weird that his language (if you can call it that) seemed to deteriorate so much. When "Zenica" first posted years ago, he was if anything quite feisty and did indulge in debates over such topics as Platini and the EU taking over all sports bids in Europe. He actually expressed opnions, argued with us, and seemd to have a decent grasp of English. I still think the 2009 incarnation of Zenica is fishy.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a suggestion - maybe we should have a forum for new Olympic sports bids. Seeing as this is likely to be a new addition to each 4 yrear bid cycle, it might be worth its own forum area - I see it has it's own news area on nthe home page.

And by the way, while we're talking about forum reorganisation, I guess it'll be time soon for some expanded vancouver forum areas when we get closrer to the games. May I suggest a special "BC place" section, accessable only by YellowVest and towerGuy, to keep them/him happy!

;)

• 2 weeks later...
MOD: Just noticed that GB is now on Twitter.

So, how exactly does Twitter work and how does that enhance our communication level right now??

Twitter will broadcast the latest news headlines plus additional blogging any of the GB staff may add - comments or breaking news. This will be a convenient way of receiving fast updates for Twitter users.

• 1 month later...
Mod - who or what is Ursa?
In the first Superman film, Ursa appears alongside General Zod and Non as they are being sentenced to the Phantom Zone by Superman's Kryptonian father, Jor-El. Jor-El describes her as "the woman Ursa, whose perversions and unreasoning hatred of all mankind has threatened even the children of the planet Krypton." She, Zod, and Non are imprisoned in the Phantom Zone where they should remain for all eternity and are not heard from again in the first film. She desperately screams in the Phantom Zone "Forgive ME!" repeatedly.

Wikipedia Link