General Question/Comments

GBModerator

Just a comment: I saw the tv mini series "Tarnished Gold" last night. A show focusing on the termoil of the IOC selection process throughout the 90's and the SLC Scandal (Focusing on the Atlanta vs Athens hoax, Toronto08', Japan paying for the OLympic Museum in order to gain votes for Nagano and of course the SLC bribes)

Towards the end (yes it was late, like say 2am) something came up on the screen that astounded me.

Robert!. Everyone has probably seen this series before but i was shocked to see the Gamesbids.com (then Toronto Summer Games) was featured in such a film.

btw- if you dont mind me commenting, lose the hair cut and change the speks (though i believe this film was made back in 1999).. trendy these may have been then.

Just a comment: I saw the tv mini series "Tarnished Gold" last night. A show focusing on the termoil of the IOC selection process throughout the 90's and the SLC Scandal (Focusing on the Atlanta vs Athens hoax, Toronto08', Japan paying for the OLympic Museum in order to gain votes for Nagano and of course the SLC bribes)

Towards the end (yes it was late, like say 2am) something came up on the screen that astounded me.

Robert!. Everyone has probably seen this series before but i was shocked to see the Gamesbids.com (then Toronto Summer Games) was featured in such a film.

btw- if you dont mind me commenting, lose the hair cut and change the speks (though i believe this film was made back in 1999).. trendy these may have been then.

Yes.. that was me.  And it was a few years back too - the haircut is gone.

Actually, we helped out a bit on the Toronto end of that production - setting up some of the contacts and recommending places and events to shoot.

I'm sure if you dig around some more GB will pop up in other places too.

Did you see that air on A&E?  It was filmed as part of the "Investigative Reports" series on that network.

Nope it was late, but if i remember correctly it was aired on the History Channel.. one of Foxtels (Australias pay tv) many under glorified channels.

Though a very informative report and overal great watching.

Though when i heard the word Robert LIvingstone and then saw Toronto Summer Games on a computer screen i was so side tracked i forgot to listen to what you were saying.

:wwww:  :wwww:

Uh, GBMod, since when Moscow is going to host the World Track and Field Championships? That is held every 2 years with the following, starting this year:

2005 - Helsinki

2007 - Osaka

2009 - Berlin (which was "re-awarded" again)

Also, the JUNIOR version (as you were saying in your last article), NEXT year's edition is in Beijing.

Uh, GBMod, since when Moscow is going to host the World Track and Field Championships? That is held every 2 years with the following, starting this year:

2005 - Helsinki

2007 - Osaka

2009 - Berlin (which was "re-awarded" again)

Also, the JUNIOR version (as you were saying in your last article), NEXT year's edition is in Beijing.

Moscow has made these claims.  You can view it on their website and press releases.

• 2 weeks later...

I have e-mailed twice over the last two weeks using your feedback e-mail add in order to supply the link to London 2012 volunteer site seeming as you have New York’s but have received no reply other then the automated one and you still have not posted link in volunteer section.

Is it possible to know why?

Many thanks Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

BigDave - There are some places on the site that still need updating.

Well it’s March now and still no link. If you are holding it back for some reason. I know you seem to be anti London at times but this is a bit childish if true.

On to the point of this mail I have topic trackers running on a couple of topics and some threads and used to get e-mailed when a new post was posted. But I have stopped receiving the notification e-mails.

At first I thought it was due to my topic trackers being timed out but when I selected track this topic I was told I was already tracking it.

SO WHATS HAPPENNING TO MY E-MAIL NOTIFACTIONS PLEASE?

BigDave - There are some places on the site that still need updating.

Well it’s March now and still no link. If you are holding it back for some reason. I know you seem to be anti London at times but this is a bit childish if true.

On to the point of this mail I have topic trackers running on a couple of topics and some threads and used to get e-mailed when a new post was posted. But I have stopped receiving the notification e-mails.

At first I thought it was due to my topic trackers being timed out but when I selected track this topic I was told I was already tracking it.

SO WHATS HAPPENNING TO MY E-MAIL NOTIFACTIONS PLEASE?

Delete the old tracker and start a new one...

Hi Moderator:

Im sending you only to report that im preety tired of the racist comments of RAP and Beatles against me.

RAP has been bothering me..only speaking of bad things  of Mexico when i post something in some forum.

He changes the topic of the thread and starts to talk about how bad Mexico is and..another preety bad things (bad words) he tells me in Spanish.

Beatles has no right to speak of some members..he insults everyone he wants to..

I can say that im preety sad about the  idea of some members about Mexico.but im more consterned about how they insult me...can you do something plz?.

I remember also RAP talking against the Spainards in the Madrid 2012 forum..and that time it was preety insulting and preety racist comments.

Plz..i ask you to do something.

Mexico1968

Hi Moderator:

Im sending you only to report that im preety tired of the racist comments of RAP and Beatles against me.

RAP has been bothering me..only speaking of bad things  of Mexico when i post something in some forum.

He changes the topic of the thread and starts to talk about how bad Mexico is and..another preety bad things (bad words) he tells me in Spanish.

Beatles has no right to speak of some members..he insults everyone he wants to..

I can say that im preety sad about the  idea of some members about Mexico.but im more consterned about how they insult me...can you do something plz?.

I remember also RAP talking against the Spainards in the Madrid 2012 forum..and that time it was preety insulting and preety racist comments.

Plz..i ask you to do something.

Mexico1968

usually pretty anti-American comments by mexico1968.

Mekky can be put in the same boat.

• 2 weeks later...
Over 2,500 registered members here now. That is quite a lot a people to me. Of course, I don't how this compares to other forums about other general topics in the Internet.

Over 2,500 registered members here now. That is quite a lot a people to me. Of course, I don't how this compares to other forums about other general topics in the Internet.

We have a forum in Bulgaria - forums.data.bg - where there are over 50 000 members!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Moderator!!!!

I know that you have probably been asked this loads of times, but (I have looked through the boards but not seen an answer) how many posts do you need for each member level?  Also, how many levels are there?

Thanks and sorry to bother you

BethnalGreen