General Question/Comments

GBModerator

hm, maybe we should have a vote forum to revote on past elections? This could help remove some clutter from the 2012 forum and launch "revotes" of past elections more easier...

And also, I believe the way it is currently set up with elections and the games, it gives the IOC atleast one day on the front pages of every newspaper in the world every year.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know if anyone else has mentioned this.. but Sunshine canada has made a lot of postss inslting people and their views.... saying stuff like 'your opinion doesnt matter' and calling names.  It has annoyed many many members and is really damaging the quality of discussion.

Could something be done? Thanks. :)

Hi GBMod. early tommorow morning, i will be posting the voting topic for the 2020 contest in the off-topic forum and meetings & events forum. i would ask if you could pin both topics, and it's in the off-topic forum because there's quite a bit of traffic there - the most in the forum. i would also ask if you pin the topic titled "Questions for the Public" in the meetings & events forum. thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

GBM: There is a really annoying pop up that is totally ruining my enjoyment of the boards. It keeps telling me that I've won an hourly prize. I know you need this kind of stuff to generate money, but I think when they are as aggressive and destructive as this pop up is, its self-defeating. EVERY time I try to post or even move between boards its there flashing in my face and it doesn't go away that easily once closed. Its becoming a real hassle to post anything and I'm getting to the stage where I can't be bothered fighting with it. Can you tell whoever is responsible for it to shove it up their fudge hole :ooh:

Thank you kindly. Ripley    :upside:

GBM: There is a really annoying pop up that is totally ruining my enjoyment of the boards. It keeps telling me that I've won an hourly prize. I know you need this kind of stuff to generate money, but I think when they are as aggressive and destructive as this pop up is, its self-defeating. EVERY time I try to post or even move between boards its there flashing in my face and it doesn't go away that easily once closed. Its becoming a real hassle to post anything and I'm getting to the stage where I can't be bothered fighting with it. Can you tell whoever is responsible for it to shove it up their fudge hole :ooh:

Thank you kindly. Ripley    :upside:

You'll need to tell me the details of the ad, mot importantly the company name.  Ads vary depending on your geographical location so it may be one that many others have never seen.

Hi although I am a premium member I do not seem able to either edit my posts or set polls. There is no poll button or edit tabs?

I wanted to set a poll to see which of the five new sports proposed by the IOC everyone supports but was unable to do so?

• 3 weeks later...
We'll leave them up for a few weeks.

Few weeks, huh? Well, not to be rude, but what do you think now will be the time to terminate the Athens 2004 part of these forums?

its the logo from the Toronto summer games site. way before your time newbie

He has changed it back anyway, i really liked it while it was up there for the brief 2mins.

Krow, i may be new, (couple of months) but i have more posts then you. In SOME cases, polls give a good understanding of that persons class, ie; which i have alot of  :P

Moderator,

I am having some old high school friends over for dinner this weekend, and we are all a fun and lively bunch - however food wise we are all very different.

What I have decided to do is serve the dessert as the entree so everyone has something they like to begin with before they all start bitching because they are lacto ovo vegetarians or only eat dead foods that have naturally fallen from a bush.

Is this a dinner party faux pas?  Can one be so decadent as to serve pecan chocolate slice with buttermilk ice cream first?

Moderator,

I am having some old high school friends over for dinner this weekend, and we are all a fun and lively bunch - however food wise we are all very different.

What I have decided to do is serve the dessert as the entree so everyone has something they like to begin with before they all start bitching because they are lacto ovo vegetarians or only eat dead foods that have naturally fallen from a bush.

Is this a dinner party faux pas?  Can one be so decadent as to serve pecan chocolate slice with buttermilk ice cream first?

Yes, that would be inappropriate.

Perhaps if the desert were dressed differently, to appear as an appetizer, then this would be acceptable.

Good luck!

I'd like to let you all know I decided to heed the Moderator's advice and served a lemon sorbet on a savoury biscuit - so the tartness was accentuated by the saltiness of the biscuit - thus refreshing the pallette.

I thank you all.

As for the  pecan chocolate slice with buttermilk ice cream, the missus and I made good use of that.

That may read as me being dirty, but it shouldn't.

Maybe.

GB Moderator,

Question for you - has the site ever considered having a live chat portion to the site in addition to the forums we have now?   I think it would be nice for all the members to be able to have a great dialogue simultaneously via instant chat.   If this has been proposed in the past, I apologize but have not seen this mentioned before.   Thanks.

GB Moderator,

Question for you - has the site ever considered having a live chat portion to the site in addition to the forums we have now?   I think it would be nice for all the members to be able to have a great dialogue simultaneously via instant chat.   If this has been proposed in the past, I apologize but have not seen this mentioned before.   Thanks.

Yes.  We feel that the tools out there already (AOL, MSN, etc.) are sufficient and it wouldn't make sense for us to maintain that kind of environment.