General Question/Comments

GBModerator

• 1 year later...

I created a magazine about the architecture of the Rio 2016 Olympics which I wanted to share. Is it allowed to place a link to this publication on this forum? (the magazine is available for free on a trusted website)

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

When will be updated the bid index re. LAX vs Paris?
The vote or decision will be done very soon...

What is under this vacuum?

1- too close, too hard to say...

2- Games are over: "les jeux sont faits"...

Please, Mr. Moderator or Administrator, reply...

THX

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
46 minutes ago, Mr.M15ter said:

Hi. I know it's been a long time since anyone responded to this thread. Just wondering if there is any advice someone could impart on new Gamesbids Forums members such as myself. Thank you very much.

I joined not too long ago myself, so I don’t have much advice to offer up, but I’ll say hi back :D

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
24 minutes ago, AliciasBlade said:

Where do I post my Olympic & Paralympic mascot plushies?

There’s lots of threads on individual mascots over the years, you can look for them in the respective forums for them.

Or there’s this one, which is more general:

Or alternatively, you could start your own, perhaps in general olympics discussions. I’m sure people would love to see them.

• Thanks 1

To Gamesbids Moderators @GBModerator

Hi, I’m enquiring to see if Gamesbids.com has “Forum Rules” and/or a “Posting  and Commenting Policy”  in place which members have access to?

I’ve been looking but cannot find “forums rules” or a “posting and commenting policy”.

Warm regards,

AustralianFan

17 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

To Gamesbids Moderators @GBModerator

Hi, I’m enquiring to see if Gamesbids.com has “Forum Rules” and/or a “Posting  and Commenting Policy”  in place which members have access to?

I’ve been looking but cannot find “forums rules” or a “posting and commenting policy”.

Warm regards,

AustralianFan

This may not be what you ask for...here's a link to read "terms of use" of this site.:)

https://gamesbids.com/eng/terms-of-use/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Palette86 said:

This may not be what you ask for...here's a link to read "terms of use" of this site.:)

https://gamesbids.com/eng/terms-of-use/

Thanks Palette86 :) .  I did find these earlier but it looks like Gamesbids.com does not appear to have a ‘Posting and Commenting’ policy for The Forums.

@GBModerator I think it’s essential that such a high profile international website has a ‘Gamesbids Posting and Commenting Policy’.

I get that having such a policy in place and the capacity to adequately moderate and enforce are two different things, I still think that at the very least Gamesbids should lead on this and set an example and standard for it’s members in The Forums.

There are several examples of such policies freely available on the internet on which Gamesbids.com can base their’s on.

Given the troll behaviour, and at times abusive attacks, we have witnessed over a long period, and particularly of late on the Gamesbids Forums, such a policy is very much needed.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

On past precedent, the red flags are:

* Overt racism or homophobia

* Abusive attacks or threats

* Spamming (commercial or over-posting/thread starting, repeat posting/thread starting)

Otherwise robust debate is encouraged

I think these red flags would form part of the ‘Gamesbids Forums Posting and Commenting Policy’ should the adminstrators proceed to develop one.

41 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

* Spamming (commercial or over-posting/thread starting, repeat posting/thread starting)

You were guilty of this last week..... interesting these threads are now no where to be seen.

Oh geez, there’s absolutely NO comparison to what Rol’s did in ONE instance, compared to what someone else DOES CONSTANTLY.

And in that case, it was just in reaction to said spammer. I think the 2036 one did get deleted, but the others are still there.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FYI said:

Oh geez, there’s absolutely NO comparison to what Rol’s did in ONE instance, compared to what someone else DOES CONSTANTLY.

And in that case, it was just in reaction to said spammer. I think the 2036 one did get deleted, but the others are still there.

Its still a red flag according to this:

I was never making a comparison (unsure where you got that from) simply just stating the fact that Rols was guilty of spamming according to what he himself had posted as examples. nothing more, nothing less.

2 minutes ago, FYI said:

Fine, Rol’s is “guilty”, too. Happy now? 

At least in his ONE infringement case, it actually made me laugh. Unlike the other Constant spammer, that all they do, is lecture, taunt & trolls & gets away with it all.

Indifferent. Was only stating a true fact. Nothing more, nothing less. Chill :) 

1 minute ago, FYI said:

At least in his ONE infringement case, it actually made me laugh. Unlike the other Constant spammer, that all they do, is lecture, taunt & trolls & gets away with it all.

I've only recently started to make use of the ignore function. It does make for a way more relaxing experience on this site. After all, if what they have done before didn't get them kicked, there's no reason to believe they will ever leave.

Okay, I’ll defend. They were a joke, of course. Humour has long been a popular mainstay of the board. And even then, they’re legitimate threads for different ceremonies in different forums of the board, and can, and possibly will, be used for those ceremonies.

They were a direct response to the latest trend of trying to “get in early” to be the live chat thread starter, for whatever reasons. Sheesh, I remember when those were created a few hours before the  event. Not week’s out from an event in order to claim the attenton of being thread starter. 

• Confused 1