General Question/Comments

GBModerator

• 3 weeks later...

i dont really know how this works yet, but i was wondering when we'll see a tokyo 2020 section in the olympic games category, not buried in the 2020 bid section

After Rio 2016...Did the same for it and London.

Out of curiosity, is there any chance we could bring back the 500+ pages of the old USA 2024 thread, edit out the obnoxious bits at the tail end and piece it together with the new USA 2024 thread? I noticed that's what appears to have happened with the Beijing/Zhangjiakou 2022 thread. It's really a shame to lose all of that content just because one individual ran off the rails for a period of time. I figured I'd just make the appeal in case. Hope you'll consider it.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, is there any chance we could bring back the 500+ pages of the old USA 2024 thread, edit out the obnoxious bits at the tail end and piece it together with the new USA 2024 thread? I noticed that's what appears to have happened with the Beijing/Zhangjiakou 2022 thread. It's really a shame to lose all of that content just because one individual ran off the rails for a period of time. I figured I'd just make the appeal in case. Hope you'll consider it.

Same goes with the original Rio Ceremonies thread.

I will apologise now that I was one of those responsible for the original USA 2024 Thread being closed...

I wonder how AthensFan would feel about this issue if he wasn't the one who started the thread :P

Ok, I honestly don't understand why anyone thinks that matters to me in the least. If I hadn't started a USA 2024 thread, someone else would have and it would've ended up just as long. I take zero credit for it. It's not something to be proud of. I'd like to see the content back because I think it would be cool to trace the progress from the thread's first inception all the way through the race. That's it.

If you think ego is involved in some way, you're projecting your own way of approaching these boards onto me.

If you derive self worth from starting threads in anonymous chat rooms, well... I just don't even know where to begin.

If you think ego is involved in some way, you're projecting your own way of approaching these boards onto me.

If you derive self worth from starting threads in anonymous chat rooms, well... I just don't even know where to begin.

Oh please.

• 3 weeks later...

GBModerator, could You maybe consider lifting the restrictions on My Posts. I don't want People to use this comment to Point out faults in Me, this message is to GBModerator. I haven't got into any arguments for a while and I've been Posting more Constructive Posts IMO.

This forum (not unlike the Olympics) may be in a death spiral at this point.... It appear that some talented posters have self limiting their posts as the "new wave" posters have expanded their regurgitation of limited knowledge, experience and ability, and increased their repetitive simplistic arguments and opinions.

i never realized there were thousands of articles reviewing LA84 ceremonies.

• Like 1

NO. Repeating things over and over are not constructive posts.

I'm really trying to control my repeating. I'm improving all the Time on these Forums, I haven't got into arguments for a while, I do repeat, I can't help that, but I am trying and improving.

I'm really trying to control my repeating. I'm improving all the Time on these Forums, I haven't got into arguments for a while, I do repeat, I can't help that, but I am trying and improving.

No you're not....You're getting worse. And others have warned you about it already.

Dissapointing, considering you asked for "Understanding" in the general comments page.

• Like 1

maybe next time you'll need to repeat this in your mind before doing any repeating again "i must control my repeating" try do this for a lot of times i know it will be hard to do it but if you already used to it i sure it will be much harder to change it again!!!

No you're not....You're getting worse. And others have warned you about it already.

Dissapointing, considering you asked for "Understanding" in the general comments page.

I feel in Myself that I have improved. Like I said, this was intended for GBModerator, not an opportunity for People to be nasty to Me.

• Like 1

GBModerator, could You maybe consider lifting the restrictions on My Posts. I don't want People to use this comment to Point out faults in Me, this message is to GBModerator. I haven't got into any arguments for a while and I've been Posting more Constructive Posts IMO.

Tony, 3 things here..

1) The thread title may be Ask the Moderator, but this is still a public thread. If you had something you wanted to say to GBMod privately, this wasn't the place to put it. And if you are going to say it here, we're all going to see it. If you still haven't learned your lesson on this one (and it seems like you haven't), then we can't help you with this one.

2) Stop telling us you can't help it. That's a terrible attitude to have. We understand you have this disorder that causes you anxiety but to hear you continue to use that as an excuse is getting old. I'd rather hear you say that you're striving to overcome this issue rather than to ask us for sympathy because of it. I know it was before you were born, but think about Derek Redmond.. he blows out his hamstring in front of tens of thousands of people but still says he has to make it to the finish line anyway. And now everyone knows his story. Learn from him. Instead of telling us you have this problem you are unable to overcome, do your best to deal with that adversity rather than hide behind it.

3) Tell us.. if you don't have your restrictions lifted, what would you do with your extra posts? What do you have to contribute and discuss with us that you need more posts for? That's part of the thing here and it goes back to the understanding thread. You know you only have a limited number of opportunities to make posts. So when you're using those opportunities to respond to GCL or to tell us who is the favorite for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.. it demonstrates you are not using your limited posts wisely. So why should you have more?

None of us can speak for GBMod because this is his call. But beyond everything else, the fact that you're pleading with him in a public thread (and this isn't the first time) to reduce your punishment demonstrates that maybe you haven't earned it yet. It's like a prisoner telling the parole board to let you out for good behavior. You can't ask for it. You have to earn it through your actions.

• Like 3

the fact that you're pleading with him in a public thread (and this isn't the first time) to reduce your punishment demonstrates that maybe you haven't earned it yet.

I don't think there's any "maybe" about it. Absolutely nothing has changed apart from the volume of posts. Personally, I consider that reduction a mercy to the rest of us.
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

Can we have a Section for Competition Sweepstakes please?

Aren't they better in the same threads as the events they're for? They're part of us celebrating those events, after all, and that's where people who are interested would most easily find them. And why do you need a separate sweeps forum when we already have a dedicated competitions forum?

And fair enough if you want to do them for all events and sundry, maybe the board needs that bit of regular fun. But in the past we've only done sweeps for the two biggest events followed on GamesBids after the Olympics - the FIFA WC and the Rugby WC. I doubt we'd get much interest for any but those two. It's not that fun unless they're fully subscribed and everyone's closely following the event.

Edited by Sir Rols