• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You insulted me when you said that I don't have the right to post my opinion, and you insulted me more saying that I shouldn't have carried the Olympic Flame.

Don't be so sensitive, it doesn't worthy it!

First, I never wrote that you don't have the right to post your opinion. I only rebutted your spitefulness (which is my right, too).

And secondly: You compared me with a man who killed millions of innocent people! And you say that I shall not be "so sensitive"?

Unfortunately it seems that Greece and Turkey share the same complex - they both detest the US but suck up their culture like a sponge.

It's OK, I think that you will be surprised how well it will do. But he sounds like he has been castrated. Not at all one of my fav's but expect it to race to the top spots...

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

I think that you might be right about it's outcomes; however, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

One thing that I'm suprised though is that this year's contest is slightly higher than the previous one in terms of quality; however, there isn't really any major "rivalry" going on between two contestants. Perhaps we're at the early stage of this season; however, I remember that there was somewhat of a hype built around last year that it was gonig to be between Sweden's Carola or Greece's Anna Vissi since most polls had them neck and neck with each other. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Olympian2004, I'd be interested to hear your opinion about the Turkish entry. ;)

Olympian2004, I'd be interested to hear your opinion about the Turkish entry. ;)

I think pretty the same as Lexus. It's sad that the song has so little in common with traditional Turkish music and I consider its melody a little bit dull. But it will certainly find some friends, nevertheless.

When I was in Turkey last year I used to love getting on the Dolmus because the radio was always playing and I used to love to listen to all the wonderful Turksih music on the radio. However, Turkey rarely seems to send anything like this to Eurovision. I am not really complaining as Turkey is repsonsible for some of my favourite Eurovision songs. My favourite being Athena with For Real. However, it would be nice to hear some traditional music.

Edited by mallaka

Ukraine: It's so bad but at the end I love it!

Sweden - Nothing we haven't heard before. The stick to the ABBA recipe.

Portugal - So and so nothing special

Czech Rep - Lordi without the masks. The music is great, the singer's voice is awful.

--------------------------------------------------

Yesterday we had the following finals:

Sweden - The Ark - The Worrying Kind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnxR9YVIJLA

Czech Rep. - Kabát- ''Malá dáma' - The Czechs participate for the first time.

Portugal - Sabrina- ''Dança Conmigo (Vem Ser Feliz)''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAgNpgGR_I

--------------------------------------------------

Russia and the UK haven't chosen yet their songs.

Tomorrow in Helsinki there is the draw for the running order.

My favourites so far are Serbia, Cyprus, Spain, Slovenia and Belarus in no particular order.

The other 5 countries of my top 10 are: FYR Macedonia, Malta, Georgia, Greece and Switzerland.

At least this year the Balkans will give points to each other with good songs! :lol: As well as Greece-Cyprus or Andorra-Spain :P

My favourites so far are Serbia, Cyprus, Spain, Slovenia and Belarus in no particular order.

The other 5 countries of my top 10 are: FYR Macedonia, Malta, Georgia, Greece and Switzerland.

At least this year the Balkans will give points to each other with good songs! :lol: As well as Greece-Cyprus or Andorra-Spain :P

Serbia - It's OK, nothing special. Oh yeay, the girl looks more like a drag act than the guy from Denmark.

Cyprus - Will do very well and I like it too. I don't think it's a winner though. Willbe Top 5 for sure.

Spain - It is kind of catchy but I can't get past the fact that it's all been done before and much better.

Slovenia - Love this song. Hope it does very well.

Belarus - A poor mans Dima Bilan. I don't like it.

Lets put all this behind us with the Ukrainian entry. (I couldn't help a peak). It is so bad that it is brilliant. It might win.

At least our entry now is not the only one with German lyrics. The singer of this Ukrainian what-ever-it-is sings "Nicht versteh'n" (not understand), "Tanzen!" (Dance!), "sieben" (seven) and "eins, zwei, drei" (one, two, three) several times. ;)

The Ukranian song is pure rubbish...

The 2007 festivall will be named FREAKYVISION 2007 after all those horrible songs...

Romania... Bulgaria... Ukraine... Czech Republic... Israel... Poland... France...

And horrible but not freak songs like Albania, Montenegro, Lithuania, Sweden or Croatia...

I think the winner song will be from the Mediterrenean (Serbia, Spain, Slovenia, Malta, Cyprus...)

If that abysmal horror from the Ukraine wins, then I'll make a vow to myself never to watch or take interest in this freakshow ever again. :blink:

The fact that this song made it through for the Ukraine is just beyond belief. How on earth the can the Ukrainian public accept this song as their representative? It's just a crime against music.

If that abysmal horror from the Ukraine wins, then I'll make a vow to myself never to watch or take interest in this freakshow ever again. :blink:

The fact that this song made it through for the Ukraine is just beyond belief. How on earth the can the Ukrainian public accept this song as their representative? It's just a crime against music.

I like it TG and I'll tell you why. Because I don't think that it is trying to be something it isn't. Greece, Turkey, Spain, Switzerland and even Denmark (among others) are all trying too hard to be something that they're not. I think it's this originality that is lacking in the ESC. If you notice, this crazy drag act has got some traditional Ukrainian polka rhythms to it and in the crazyness of it all, comes off quite original and fresh. This may win, and unfortunately, if it does, broadcasters won't really understand why and push along entries that are unoriginal and try to fit into the mould that they think will win thereby making ESC scheiter and scheiter. (Mind you, for some reason that I don't understand, this song would have only worked in German!)

I'm slowly starting to listen to the songs and I am pretty sure that I know the 5 countries that the winner will come from.

The Ukranian song is pure rubbish...

The 2007 festivall will be named FREAKYVISION 2007 after all those horrible songs...

Romania... Bulgaria... Ukraine... Czech Republic... Israel... Poland... France...

And horrible but not freak songs like Albania, Montenegro, Lithuania, Sweden or Croatia...

I think the winner song will be from the Mediterrenean (Serbia, Spain, Slovenia, Malta, Cyprus...)

Spain winner? don´t drink more please...

Albania's song in 2005 was good, but the dancing act just awful.

Since we entered the 'Never won a contest' period, it's Cyprus' turn to win this year (it could be Portugal's too, but not with a song like this).

Running order for the semifinal, 10th May

Semi-Final 10.5.2007 Final 12.5.2007

01 Bulgaria

02 Israel

03 Cyprus

04 Belarus

05 Iceland

06 Georgia

07 Montenegro

08 Switzerland

09 Moldova

10 The Netherlands