Well I agree that Xristos Dandis's song is horrible; however, I trust that the Greek audience will choose the right song to represent them in Helsinki. Afterall; they did select "Everything" last year out of the other considerably weaker entries. As for Tamta, well part of the song is actually in Greek; so that's quite an improvement seeing that no one has bothered to seeing some Greek for Greece since Antique (SAGAPO doesn't count).

Turkey has chosen another semi-famous artist to represent us this year. It's Kenan Doğulu. His song will be revealed in March 9th. I'm really not all that optomistic about him and the song as well. This is seeing that I really despise his music; however, we'll see what we have in a store in a few weeks. Oh, the song title's been revealed. It's called, "Shake it up, Şekerim". So, based on that alone, you can pretty much be certain that we have something cheap to offer this time around.

Oh! BTW; part of Evridiki's song has been leaked through a video showing her rehearsing it. Have a look here: Evridiki - Comme Ci, Comme Ca (Short Rehearsal Clip)

I don't know about the rest of you guys; however, I kinda like it!!

I you tubed Kenan Dogulu and it seems that he emulates the hip hop scene - which for me is a European crime. Fingers crossed for something original and hints of the east.

I don't mind Cyprus' entry. Love Evridiki (who was looking slightly Helena Paprizouesque) and I really like the punk dance introduction, not sure about the early 2000's techno in the middle. Gets a little repetative (?annoying) but that's what Eurovision songs do I guess. Should do well. Might wait until all the songs come out before I listen to them.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spanish entry is awful.

I thought that it was impossible to make a worse song than the one of "Las Ketchup" or "Son de Sol", but they have found it...

Another year among the 5 last places...

si con esos cuatro fantoches no quedamos últimos Europa estará peor de lo que creia...

pobre Mirela

The Spanish entry is awful.

I thought that it was impossible to make a worse song than the one of "Las Ketchup" or "Son de Sol", but they have found it...

Another year among the 5 last places...

La canción está bien, y los intérpretes pueden dar juego: quinceañeras hay por todo Europa. Si trabajan la coreografía y mejoran un poco la voz, top 10 seguro.

Y no me compares a las tomateras con NASH, que los NASH por lo menos no llevaban la ropa del mercata ni las sillas del Ikea como ellas...

Con Mirela hubiese sido un top 5 seguro, pero...

Ok, finally we now know the 6 acts that will be competing on March 17th to be the UK Eurovision entry in Helsinki.

Some surprise names were announced. Here are the details.

Justin Hawkin - Formerly lead singer of The Darkness. Had a big hit a few years back called "I believe in a thing called love".

Brian Harvey - Former lead singer of early nineties boyband East 17.

Liz Mclarnon - Former singer in the girl band Atomic Kitten.

The other 3 acts have been confirmed as Big Brovaz, Scooch and newcomer Cyndi.

I must admit that I am releived that Daz Sampson will not be competing this year and I am very much looking forward to hear the song from Justin Hawkin.

It seems that Morrissey did not like the idea of having to compete to win the right to represent the UK. It seems that he didn't like the idea of the live show sing-off format of making your mind up.

By the way, it seems that Brian Harvey is the early favourite. Most of the Eurovision websites that I have seen so far have him as the early favourite to represent the UK.

Here you can listen to the 6 songs:

Brian Harvey - I can

=Cyndi - I'll leave my heart

Big Brovaz - Big Bro Thang

Justin Hawkins - They dont make em like they used to

Liz McClarnon - Dont it make you happy

Scooch - Flying the flag

Edited by mallaka

Ok, I have listened to all the UK songs for this year and there is 1 standout song...Big Brovaz.

This song is fantastic and completely different from anything that has been done before. It has a great sound too and good singers. The only criticism from some people is that many people in Europe will not like this kind of song as it contains rap. However, I am not a fan of rap myself but this is done really well and I think it could actually stand a chance of winning if the Uk decides to select it.

Please take a look at the Video and see what you think:

Ok, I have listened to all the UK songs for this year and there is 1 standout song...Big Brovaz.

This song is fantastic and completely different from anything that has been done before. It has a great sound too and good singers. The only criticism from some people is that many people in Europe will not like this kind of song as it contains rap. However, I am not a fan of rap myself but this is done really well and I think it could actually stand a chance of winning if the Uk decides to select it.

Please take a look at the Video and see what you think:

Big Brovaz - not entirely sure but at least it true to the UK music industry (not like in the past - I can't believe there was even a question that the Daz was going to try again) - might do well.

Just wanted to share a remix of a Greece's 1991 entry Anoixi by Sofia Vossou, for those of you that remember - big club hit in Greece last year.

grecia_91.jpg

Anoixi - Club Remix

It's not actually an official remix. Someone put above the original song some beat.

I think Anixi is one of the most underated songs in Eurovision. Esp since the live performance was destroyed by the old man who played the saxophone. Pity!

Let me know what you all think of these. I like Brian Harvey, Cindi and Big Brovaz more than the other 3.

OK mallaka, I listened to all the songs and unfortunately it seems that UK has only one option. UK must send Big Brovaz, all the others are essentially rubbish and are going to get lost very quickly amongst the 40 other songs. In saying that Big Brovaz is going to go either one way or the other - it will shine or it will flop, hard to say - depends on where Europe is re: this music, they definately have it in their charts but will they vote for it?

OK mallaka, I listened to all the songs and unfortunately it seems that UK has only one option. UK must send Big Brovaz, all the others are essentially rubbish and are going to get lost very quickly amongst the 40 other songs. In saying that Big Brovaz is going to go either one way or the other - it will shine or it will flop, hard to say - depends on where Europe is re: this music, they definately have it in their charts but will they vote for it?

Thanks Lexus, I agree with you. If the UK really has intentions on wining this year then they must send Big Brovaz. I have a bad feeling that they will go with Brian Harvey though.

The Big Brvaz song is a high quality song but I also believe that it could go either way in Eurovision. People will either love it or it will end up bottom of the heap. This would be a real shame as the song is quality.

If we go with any of the rest then they are really uninspiring and will not make any real impression. To put it simple, if we want to win this year it has to be Big Brovaz and the performance needs to match the song.

There is an outisde chance that the song by Cindi will do well but I cant get past that it sounds so much like Westlifes "You raise me up".

Edited by mallaka

I just have listened to the three German songs and i have to confess, that i am really disappointed. There is not a single song i really like.

I think the NDR has two possibilities. It can send an average, European cheesy pop song like so many other nations with no good singer or performer and hope it will get a good result (like the "winner" songs from Estonia, Latvia or Greece in recent years), because Europe does not appreciate quality (Max Mutzke and Texas Lightning ended up in the middle of nowhere), than it has to be Monrose.

But the NDR can also have a different attitude: We are one of the big four and the big four are responsible for the quality of the contest. So we can send something special, outside of the mainstream, because we are guaranteed a place in the next final, but it has to be good, than it has to be Roger Cicero.

I prefer Cicero, but i think Monrose will represent Germany. They have success in the charts and one of the girls is Turkish and as a regular ESC viewer, you all know the influence of the Turkish community on the German vote... ;)

That's the fun with Eurovision, you don't know who will win. There have been great voices and songs in Eurovision, but you must always remember that the performance counts. Max was great, but why should I vote someone sitting on a chair and signing when next to him is Ruslana or Sakis? Texas were great, but Lordi were different!

I prefer Cicero, but i think Monrose will represent Germany. They have success in the charts and one of the girls is Turkish and as a regular ESC viewer, you all know the influence of the Turkish community on the German vote... ;)

I don't know what you're trying to imply there with your last sentence; however, I'll take it lightly seeing that it's mostly true.

Anyways, remember back in 1999 Germany sent German-Turkish group Süpriz and they earned Germany a respectable 3rd place. Perhaps this had to do with the combination of sending a song that contained a catchy melody and managing to round up votes from the Turkish diaspora across Europe; however, this still saw success for Germany that hasn't really been matched since. I don't know if Monrose could do the same supposing that they are selected. If they are, then Germany is definitely going to have to go that extra mile to promote themselves across Europe (This is considering that they aren't that well known about outside of the German-speaking nations) and make themselves known that they have a "Turk" in the band just to add in that extra selecting factor. I know that this is kind of idiotic and defeats the whole purpose of the contest; however, the EBU is to blame for this kind of structure since all sorts of diasporas are taking advantage of the contest through such a way and nothing is being done about it. So, you might as well "play their game" and "make the best out of the worst" of this situation to do what you have to do in order to assure some success.

I'm actually rooting behind Roger Cicero to win. He's the only that's send a good song - so I'll be crossing my fingers for him.