See, this is good and bad.

For one, I'm not sure that Spain was an entry deserved of 12 points and secondly, the fact that Ireland was given any points is not a good sign, I can think of 23 more countries more deserving of points than Ireland.

Maybe split vote is required.

It matters MORE to me that the contest is fair.

I would rather see eratic voting based on some very weird musical tastes of some countries, than having 12 points always go to your neighbour.

There is absolutely no reason why Albania would feel obliged to vote for Spain or Ireland, so in that respect I have no problem with it. At least it was actually based on somebody listening to the songs and liking those more than others. This is what this contest is supposed to be about after all. So what if you don't agree with the winner. At least it reflects an opinion rather than politics or geography.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It matters MORE to me that the contest is fair.

I would rather see eratic voting based on some very weird musical tastes of some countries, than having 12 points always go to your neighbour.

There is absolutely no reason why Albania would feel obliged to vote for Spain or Ireland, so in that respect I have no problem with it. At least it was actually based on somebody listening to the songs and liking those more than others. This is what this contest is supposed to be about after all. So what if you don't agree with the winner. At least it reflects an opinion rather than politics or geography.

But I say this because back in the day of total juries, countries with ethnic tunes (eg Greece, Turkey, Spain) never had a chance of winning - or doing well - irrespective of what they sent. If you ask me, Greece had best songs in 2001, 1995 and 1992, but with Jury voting - no chance.... But it was the same thing (especially mid 90's) year after year, Irish ballad - UK 2nd, Irish ballad - UK2nd, Scandinavian Schlager - UK 2nd etc etc... Eastern music is for the masses not for the so called musically elite - and why should their opinion be any better than say mine or yours. I'm not saying that televoting is the way to go, it's wrought with issues, but a complete jury is not the way to go - 60:40 would eliminate the weight of the neighbour vote, but still allow the people to have influence.

It would be interesting if the back-up jury votes were combined with the televote to give us some results for 2007

See, this is good and bad.

For one, I'm not sure that Spain was an entry deserved of 12 points and secondly, the fact that Ireland was given any points is not a good sign, I can think of 23 more countries more deserving of points than Ireland.

Maybe split vote is required.

And Armenia deserved their 8th place? :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday and today Marija visits Thessaloniki.

It looks like that she has a boyfriend here (he's 23 and studies economics at the university) and she will buy a house here.

Also, she had a meeting with the prefect of Thessaloniki and they agreed organize a concert during the International Fair of Thessaloniki in September with other Eurovision participants.

• 5 years later...