Sign in to follow this  
Mikel

Eurovision 2007

The weird for me is that Armenia hunts Turkey about the Armenian genocide, and Turkey both times Armenia participated gives them 12 points!

Greece holds a record that participated in the first semifinal in 2004 and since then qualifies directly to the final. Looks like televoting helps us. (after two decades of awful results).

FYROM holds the record to always qualify in the final, but never reaches a good place there!

How on earth can you put Latvia at 5th in the Semi-finals(10 places ahead of a quality song like that of Cyprus), and then have Latvia placed only 16th in the final. The voting is ridiculous.

Just look at the Goegrphical divide in the Semi final and Final tables.

The only way I can explain it is that countries that didn't make it to the final would have a poor following on the final night, leaving their voting largely to their immigrant communities. Hence I suspect that on the semi night, Latvia must have been voted primarily by western countries that didn't make it to the final.

Well, unless their is a 'block' withdrawal by many western countries next year. The Big 4 will probably still participate then if they have to go to semis the next year (2009) they will probably give it one go and if they don't do well then, I predict a withdrawal then... This will purely be on financial grounds. What's the point of putting up all the money and not performing yourself. I don't want to hear about we should put through better songs. There's no point - we learnt that a long time ago. The decent UK artists, for example, would never participate - it would kill their careers.

I'm still gutted that Germany didn't do better...

Edited by BethnalGreen

Greece holds a record that participated in the first semifinal in 2004 and since then qualifies directly to the final. Looks like televoting helps us. (after two decades of awful results).

FYROM holds the record to always qualify in the final, but never reaches a good place there!

I don't think so Pyros. Greece started taking it more seriously and started sending songs that could win - to the expense of Greek music - :angry:

FYROM qualified with

10-Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia

7- Bosnia Herzegovia

12-Bulgaria

8-Croatia

I am relieved to see that the UK had the sense to give 10 points to Cyprus.

Ah yes, but I see that the housewives scored 8 points for bloody Latvia. They need educating...

eurovision is a waste of time,every year is more shameful,the tonight edition was a Spartakiad...

the most inteligent way is the italian one ;)

I don't think so Pyros. Greece started taking it more seriously and started sending songs that could win - to the expense of Greek music - :angry:

I don't understand Lexus - why is that at the expense of Greek music?

eurovision is a waste of time,every year is more shameful,the tonight edition was a Spartakiad...

the most inteligent way is the italian one ;)

It may be time to put the old lady that is the Eurovision Contest to bed...

I've been a fan since the 70s and I just can't get that excited about it any more. I won't be watching next year.

I don't understand Lexus - why is that at the expense of Greek music?

Greek representation is getting worse and worse. I actually don't remember tha last time we sang in Greek, we have found a safe method for staying in the finals with cheesy Greco-pop and I hate it. But rest assured, we will do it next year, and when Europe votes for it, we'll do it again the following year.....

I agree. Greece changed tact and they now have a winning formula. The UK certainly likes it.

Ah yes, but I see that the housewives scored 8 points for bloody Latvia. They need educating...

Yes, I did notice that straight after.

I know. Stop voting for us! :lol:

It's those damn UK queens. They lap it up. LOL

Mind you, I did to an extent with Sakis. He was a cutie. I'd have given him 13 if I could.

Edited by mallaka

I know. Stop voting for us! :lol:

You know we were bound to vote for Sarbel, he's a Londoner...! You knew what you were doing. Straight away decent points from UK! lol

I voted for:

France

Spain

Germany

Sweden

Ireland

Finland

Greece

I was going to vote for Turkey as well, but forgot...

Let's see how the Scandinavian countries voted:

Iceland gets 12 from Sweden, Finland and Norway, 10 from Denmark and Hungary

Latvia gives 12 to Estonia, and Estonia 12 to Latvia

Turkey gets 12 from diaspora voting, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, UK and Albania

It's those damn UK queens. They lap it up. LOL

People are going to start talking and saying we're neighbours!

Anyway, Goodnight GB..