If you don't like me, don't read my comments.

We live in a democracy and everyone has the right to express what he thinks. If you don't agree with what I say, then let's talk about it and give me some arguments why I'm wrong and you are right (this is called dialogue and it's the basic element of democracy), but you should fight for my right to express free my thoughts.

Cheers!

PS: Germany can do a lot better than all these years in Eurovision.

You will never admit, that you have gone too far by calling Olympian2004 "Hitler".

If Roger Cicero would represent Greece in Helsinki, he would get at least 40-60 points more, just because it is a Greek artist. You know it and i am telling it every year. The competition is not about songs, it is about ethnic minorities. Greece has an advantage in this point, because Greece has been such a poor nation.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will never admit, that you have gone too far by calling Olympian2004 "Hitler".

If Roger Cicero would represent Greece in Helsinki, he would get at least 40-60 points more, just because it is a Greek artist. You know it and i am telling it every year. The competition is not about songs, it is about ethnic minorities. Greece has an advantage in this point, because Greece has been such a poor nation.

Has anyone seen Ukraine's entry???

3921.jpg

And you went even further calling me a 12 year old boy that has concerns about his dick size....

Roger Cicero would have never represent Greece because no one would vote for him. It makes me wonder why you choose to send songs that don't represent Germany. If I hear Texas Lighting or Roger, my mind goes to USA and not to Germany. Believe me Monrose would have better chances. On the other hand (as we said earlier) the majority of the people hear/watch the songs for the first time during the final. So a good performance equals more points. We have to wait and see.

Let me remind you that we ended up twice at 17th place after the establish of the televoting, so I don't see how the Greeks living abroad helped their country. The times we got a lot of points (2001-2004-2005), I don't think anyone has any doubt that the songs and the presentation were perfect. Even more in 2001 (Die for you - Antique) and 2004 (Shake it - Sakis Rouvas), Greece was voted from all participating countries (and I don't think that there are so big Greek communities in Latvia or Monaco or Malta or Iceland). 2005 it was clear that Helena was going to win.

Hey SweLady, first all, welcome to this forum! B)

I'm glad to see that you've joined this forum and are making a positive contributions to this thread with all the points as well as claims that you're making. Anyways, regarding the Turkish entry, personally, I'm not really fond of it at all since it isn't the sort of genre I dig. I actually dislike Kenan (The Turkish artist) since his music just doesn't do it for me but yet somehow, so many people in Turkey love his songs which really aren't that spectacular. If you're interested, than you can youtube him to get a sense of what I'm talking about. Of course, that's just my two cents on him so we'll just leave it at that. I doubt that we'll win. We'll probably make it through to the finals thanks to the votes of the Turkish diaspora; however, my guess is that it'll probably rank anywhere between 8th - 14th position depending how much he manages to appeal to countries that don't usually vote for Turkey.

Oh, how SWEET of you to write a welcome note to me! :) Netiquette has degraded during the past years, so I've noticed. Anyway, thank you!

Speculating in the winner seems to be harder than ever. I just watched Switzerland, which was said to be good, almost a favourite. I got disappointed. Probably a good artist but ... vampires??? :o I am a fantasy nerd and writer myself, and I loved Lordi's funny monster show but ... it is like I would sit down right now and write a book of some youths attending a boarding school for magicians. Bad timing if I want to look innovative, so to speak. Monster one year and vampires next year - I doubt it will work. And if it works, it is ridiculous.

Interesting news from Sweden: this week's hitlist (singles) has 10 songs from Melodifestivalen (Swedish national contest for ESC) on Top 15, with "The worrying kind" on No 1 of course. Only 2 songs on Top 10 are NOT from Melodifestivalen. The collection with songs from the contest has sold platinum 5 times. It is unbelievable! Somehow this ends the debate whether we only have crap songs in the contest or not. I mean, maybe the rest of the world think it's crap, but this is a domestic issue so far. We cannot go on sending songs we believe Europeans want, and that we in fact don't want ourselves.

I think I'll buy this album, actually. I never thought I would say this.

My conclusion is that the model SVT (national broadcast) has used for electing songs really works. What about you, UK? Any new ideas for next year? As someone else here wrote, which was wise, it is not about some overrated stars "risking to ruin their careers". It is about choosing good songs and maybe give some promising new artist a kick-start.

Oh, did I say I love the Swedish song? ;) Last year I just hated it, 0 points would really have made my day, and I was 100% for Finland ... and now it is 100% Sweden for me and it is painful as I cannot vote for it.

If anyone wants to check more The Ark sound out, you can try these links:

I cannot decide what I think about the German song. Good move to choose swing and song in German, and Cicero is good on stage. But I am not sure this is GOOD swing style. Nah, my all-time German favourite is still Dschingis Kahn...

I suppose I have to look for some Kenan stuff now.

Wow, according to this website, supposed to be the biggest unofficial Eurovison fan site, thebulgarian song is on thefirst place in the rankings:

http://escforever.com/charts.html

What does this say?

That many Bulgarians found this site? *lol*

Actually, I have seen a few charts and they point in just about ANY direction! For this one, I am not saying Bulgaria does not have the chance to win, but I find it strange that Russia almost end on bottom line. Russia have a rather good ESC history, I think, and this song is not that bad this year either.

At least not much worse than the rest of the cr...

Poor Portugal! I found that song rather cute and catchy in a way, but I wish they could stop choosing singer after looks and start finding someone who can actually sing and perform.

It remains to see what Bulgaria actually can do on stage. I do not like the video, though. Cool sound, but tacky video.

Roger Cicero would have never represent Greece because no one would vote for him. It makes me wonder why you choose to send songs that don't represent Germany. If I hear Texas Lighting or Roger, my mind goes to USA and not to Germany. Believe me Monrose would have better chances. On the other hand (as we said earlier) the majority of the people hear/watch the songs for the first time during the final. So a good performance equals more points. We have to wait and see.

I understand your point but i have to disagree. I think Cicero represents German music. He has been very successful last year and with a little bit of luck he will win the Echo award ("German Grammy") on the weekend. I fear you think German music is only Bavarian folk music, or perhaps classic music and contemporary Techno music. And i doubt that Greek music is all about Europop.

I have really no problem, whether Germany finishes first or last. My problem is, and i have said that already and i guess you are sick of it:

Abandon the Big4 rule and let the host finance all the costs alone.

Yesterday evening i took the time and listened to all the songs. I have no sound card on my PC, so i downloaded all the songs from a Turkish site and burned them on CD. I was well prepared and i knew i dont listen to my favourite songs, but i never expected so much crap. Unbelievable. There are only 1-2 "good" songs and 3-4 decent songs. The quality is very poor.

Ireland is my favourite.

I don't understand what are you trying to say? :(
[i think that marija from serbia will win.

i know that... :lol::lol::lol:

I agree with you marija!! ;)

Kiss

Hmmmmmm <_<

Switzerland - DJ Bobo - Vampires Are Alive, one of my favourites so far...

The lyrics aren't the best ones, but the rythm and the music is very good, different, in my opinion it should be in the TOP 5.

ESC 2007 | Switzerland | DJ Bobo - Vampires Are Alive

Mine too ! I totaly agree ! Great Artist & great song , I think it great on the stage !

Mine too ! I totaly agree ! Great Artist & great song , I think it great on the stage !

Switzerland? No, sorry, I have listened to it again and I just don't get it. I found nothing new and refreshing with it.

Well, I personally keep on believing in France. On the other hand, I guess the block voting will be so strong this time that the "right song" will hardly win. It is a development I don't like. Maybe it will improve.

One thing I thought was really sad and disgracing last year, in Athens, was the behaviour of the audience. I have never seen anything like this, how Lithuania and Iceland were treated while performing with large groups of the audience booing ...! What is this? World Cup? Whether the songs stinked or not is irrelevant; of course the audience is supposed to be polite and supportive. This is just an entertainment show, for heaven's sake! Silvia Night was not even real, she was a character created by an actress, I read someone thinking we should go voting for Bulgaria because they are new in EU. As a welcome. NO, PLEASE! The only reason to vote for a song is that you actually like it.

I cannot tell the whole audience in Helsinki to behave nicely, but I wish I could. It is all right being a patriot in ESC, but it should stay on a friendly level. After all, we want the best song to win, don't we? And for the bad songs - well, that could be just as good entertainment.

Actually I have begun to like the UK song. No, not really like, but it will cheer up the mood.

(And still I love the Swedish entry to death etc.)

OK, folks -- I was curious what Europe has to offer for this year's ESC and so I spent the whole evening watching the performances of all 42 entries at YouTube.

And thus, my Top 5 indicate an Eastern European sweep for this year:

1. HUNGARY: Magdi Rúsza - Unsubstantial Blues

--> A characteristic voice, blues at its best, almost too good for the ESC

2. RUSSIA: Serebro - Song # 1

--> Their song is pretty sexy, the ladies are sexy (Although I think that, in terms of the looks, they've put the wrong one

in the role as lead singer) -- and that's what counts at the ESC today, doesn't it? ;)

3. FYROM: Karolina - Mojot Svet

--> A typical folkloristic Balkan anthem with a good voice and a gorgeous singer (Yes, we had that already...)

4. POLAND: The Jet Set - Time To Party

--> The song is OK (not superb) but the stage performance and the sexy ladies compensates for that completely (Am I

focussed on that subject? Not really; I only try to estimate the voting criteria of the European audience)

5. CROATIA: Dragonfly feat. Dado Topić - Vjerujem U Ljubav

--> The male singer has a convincing, strong voice and the song is pretty good, too. The only flaw: Why has a rock singer

have to look like a garbage dump? Please change that -- because sex sells! ;)

Seriously, I think it was never as hard to find a genuine knock-you-off-your-feet ESC song as this year. That's why I agree that the musical level of this ESC is not very high. But nevertheless, Hungary's entry is my favourite. Although I'm pretty convinced that Europe will vote differently -- again.

One thing I thought was really sad and disgracing last year, in Athens, was the behaviour of the audience. I have never seen anything like this, how Lithuania and Iceland were treated while performing with large groups of the audience booing ...! What is this? World Cup? Whether the songs stinked or not is irrelevant; of course the audience is supposed to be polite and supportive. This is just an entertainment show, for heaven's sake! Silvia Night was not even real, she was a character created by an actress, I read someone thinking we should go voting for Bulgaria because they are new in EU. As a welcome. NO, PLEASE! The only reason to vote for a song is that you actually like it.

Well, the lady from Iceland went too far. Calling Greek with various names, and after not qualifying calling the Dutch singers and Carola 'Old bitch', well I don't see why the audience should respect her if she doesn't respect the country that welcomed her and the other contestants. I'm sure that where ever Eurovision was hosted she would do the same. But back in 1998 when a member of the Greek comittee complained to BBC, they took his accreditation and he wasn't allowed to enter Birmingham Arena.

As for the booing I was inside the stadium at the final and all the stadium boo-ed Lithuania. Something that reminds a song with saying from the start to the end 'We are the winners', it's not a song. Esp. if you consider that Kate Ryan didn't even pass to the final.

I agree that first we should vote based on our personal taste.

PS: I love Bulgaria's song.

Well, the lady from Iceland went too far. Calling Greek with various names, and after not qualifying calling the Dutch singers and Carola 'Old bitch', well I don't see why the audience should respect her if she doesn't respect the country that welcomed her and the other contestants. I'm sure that where ever Eurovision was hosted she would do the same. But back in 1998 when a member of the Greek comittee complained to BBC, they took his accreditation and he wasn't allowed to enter Birmingham Arena.

As for the booing I was inside the stadium at the final and all the stadium boo-ed Lithuania. Something that reminds a song with saying from the start to the end 'We are the winners', it's not a song. Esp. if you consider that Kate Ryan didn't even pass to the final.

I agree that first we should vote based on our personal taste.

PS: I love Bulgaria's song.

Lithuania took the piss out of the contest. They deserve nothing but praise for that. A true Eurovision classic. Time to bring back Alf Poier!

Lithuania took the piss out of the contest. They deserve nothing but praise for that. A true Eurovision classic. Time to bring back Alf Poier!

I still don't think the fact a song sucks is enough reason to boo. No matter if they go out and make a fart show, the audience can survive anything for 3 minutes. Standard applause and then bye-bye. Booing is immature, something drunk football supporters do.

The lyrics were supposed to be ironical, I guess it was a wink at "We Are the Champions".

Oh, Sweden sings about social phobia and Finland shouts "Leave me alone, I wanna go home, I feel like dying!" Maybe that will do better? ;)