Eurovision 2007

Mikel

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More info about the Greek entry.

Christos Dantis (composer of the 2005 winning song 'My number one' - Helena Paparizou) will participate with the song (You are) No Madonna. Composer is Christos Dantis, lyricist is Natalia Germanou (who also wrote the lyrics of 'my number one')

Tamta will participate with the song With Love , composed by Nikos Terzis. Nikos Terzis composed the 1995 entry Elina Konstantopoulou - 'Poia Prosefhi', reaching the 9th place, the 2001 Antique's - Die for you, reaching the 3rd place, and the 2004 Sakis Rouvas 'Shake it!'. He also composed the 2005 entry for Belarus Angelica Aqurbash - Love me tonight, but they didn't even make it to the final!

Sarbel will participate with the song 'Yassou Maria' composed by a Greek-Swedish composed, Alex Papakonstantinou.

ERT will release the sogns on 7th February.

I don't know why, but the links don't work for me...

:(:(:(

Me neither. Do you have to subscribe to rapidshare? I can never get anything to download on there.

That's strange! :blink:

It works perfectly fine for me. Anyways, I've re-uploaded the songs onto a different server. The links are provided at the bottom portion of each page:

Monrose - Even Heaven Cries

Heinz Rudolf Kunze - Die Welt ist Pop

Roger Cicero - Frauen regier'n die Welt

I hope these'll work! ;)

Thanks TG, these work fine for me now. I don't know what my problem with rapidshare is.

Anyhow, my favourite of the 3 is the 2nd one, Die Welt ist Pop. I am sure that the tune from this one has ben taken from another song. I have been trying hard to think of the song that it reminds me of. Can anyone else help? I may be wrong but I think it might be a rolling stones track.

Anyhow, the 1st song is abit forgettable and the 3rd is not my kind of music at all. The 2nd one kept my attention. I have to hear them a few times before I can properly make up my mind though.

Thanks TG, these work fine for me now. I don't know what my problem with rapidshare is.

Anyhow, my favourite of the 3 is the 2nd one, Die Welt ist Pop. I am sure that the tune from this one has ben taken from another song. I have been trying hard to think of the song that it reminds me of. Can anyone else help? I may be wrong but I think it might be a rolling stones track.

Anyhow, the 1st song is abit forgettable and the 3rd is not my kind of music at all. The 2nd one kept my attention. I have to hear them a few times before I can properly make up my mind though.

Thanks Ahmet, these work fine for me, too

The chorus of the first song "Even Heaven Cries" reminds we very much at "The Silence that remains" (the israeli entry of 2005) and the girls of Monrose reminds me very much at Vanilla Ninja (the swiss entry of 2005)

02_monrose_dpa.jpg

"Die Welt ist Pop" [The World Is Pop] is my favourite, too - the tune is very catchy (and maybe you have the impression that you already know the song) and the lyrics are very clever (a little bit cynical)

320_kunze_heinz_rudolf5.jpg

"Frauen regier'n die Welt" [Women Rule The World] wonderful song with wonderful lyrics, but I'm afraid that a "Big Band Song" won't be successful at the ESC, because the lyrics have to be understood... - by the way he started his career in Angies Nighclub, which is the night club of the Schmidt Theater on the Reeperbahn

04_cicero_roger2_copy_frank.jpg

This has nothing to do with Eurovision, but I just wanted to compliment the written English of those on these boards, that have English as their 2nd language.

Sometimes it is easy to forget that you are chatting to people that do not have English as their main language. That just popped into my head and I wanted to mention it. There are many of you that have such superb written English that you put many of us to shame on these baords.

I have lost the fear of speaking and writing English here on GamesBids...

By the way since I hear "Frauen regier'n die Welt" the more and more I like it - wonderful lyrics, wonderful voice:

Frauen regier'n die Welt / Women rule the world

Schon in der Schule – die Jungs haben gelacht [Already in school – the other guys laughed]

Doch mir hat’s überhaupt nichts ausgemacht [but that didn’t bother me at all]

Sie war so süß – Ihre Beine so lang [she was so cute – her legs were so long]

Bin fast ein Jahr in Ihren Ballettkurs gegangen

Als ich erfuhr, dass sie auf Umweltschutz steht [When I recognised, that she go for enviromental protection,]

Habe ich „nein danke“ auf meinen Parker genäht

Das hat sie damals alles nicht interessiert [but she wasn’t interested at all at that time]

Doch seitdem weiß ich wer die Welt regiert [but since that time I know who rules the world]

Wie sie gehn und stehn [How they walk and stand]

Wie sie Dich ansehen [How they look at you]

Und schon öffnen sich Tasche und Herz [And immediately your wallet and heart open]

Und dann kaufst du ´nen Regennerz [And then you buy a „Regennerz“ (is a compound noun “Regen” means rain and “Nerz” means mink – a “Regennerz” is the name of yellow rain coat in German) for her]

Ey, Lass sie - Dieser Blick [Oh, let them – These glance]

Und schon ändert sich Deine Politik [And immediately your politics change]

Kein Boss und kein Actionheld, [No boss and no action hero,]

kein Stahl und kein Mafiageld [No steal and no mafia money]

Frauen regiern die Welt [but women rule the world]

Alle Register von kokett bis naiv [They use everyway from flirtatious to innocent]

Sie haben als Baby schon den Vater in Griff [When they are babies they master their daddies]

Sie geben alles wenn sie irgendwas wollen [They nearly give everything when they want something]

Und du beisst auf Granit wenn sie schmollen [but you bang against a brick wall when they pout]

Du machst Dich lächerlich und lässt Dich verhau’n [You make a fool of yourself and let you pounded]

Damit die Mädels einmal nur rüberschauen [Therefore the chicks look at you]

Sie pushen Beckham und stürzen Clinton [They push Beckham and bring down Clinton]

Ohne dafür eine Partei zu gründen [Without a foundation of a party]

Und schon öffnen sich Tasche und Herz [And immediately your wallet and heart open]

Und dann kaufst du ´nen Regennerz [And then you buy a „Regennerz“ (is a compound noun “Regen” means rain and “Nerz” means mink – a “Regennerz” is the name of yellow rain coat in German) for her]

Und dann kaufst du ´nen Regennerz [And then you buy a „Regennerz“ (is a compound noun “Regen” means rain and “Nerz” means a mink – a “Regennerz” is the name of yellow rain coat in German) for her]

lol, need me to make a GamesBids contest poster??? i think i've done it for the last three years.

Oh yes, for sure!

I'll PM you the details about it once everything has been finalized and agree on a date. I'm guessing that it'll occur around Mid-April!

One thing I was going to say is that we should have a new rule in place, where should someone vote and publically announce that they didn't listen to any of the songs, then their votes would be automatically disqualified. I'm sure that the most of us don't want a repeat of last year's controversy, where a number of idiots thought that they were being funny by publicly acknowledging that they didn't listen to any of the competing entries. I know that this wont fully prevent cheating but it'll at least put a lid to idiotic remarks and possibly from heated arguments occuring. What do the rest of you say?

Who won last year's GamesBids Eurovision Song Contest?

In 2005 we predicted the winner!

I think that it was Norway - I'm not sure!

I know that in 2004 we predicted Belgium to win and boy did we get it wrong back then! :P

I know I don't really care for this, but I thought the rest of you would be interested in this...

I read in the Lacuna Coil forums that one of Finland's performers, Katra I think, is doing a ripoff of a track called Jillian by one of my favourite metal bands, Within Temptation. Hear and see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpqgMoYrkas

R I P O F F ! ! ! !

Archived