Eurovision 2007

Mikel

Tomorrow 8th January there will be a Press Conference in the studios of Alamo in Madrid about the system of the program “Misión Eurovision”, this will be presented by Paula Vázquez. In the Press conference will be Pablo Carrasco (Chief of entertainment program of TVE) Nicolás Bustos (Chief of the producer of Mision Eurovision) Massiel, the first Spanish winner for Spain and Mikel Herzog, the Spanish singer in 1998 will be in the program as advisers.

48 performers will be introduced, the rest (12) will be chosen after 15th January, this day the deadline is over. Many of them have been known however a few of them are famous in Spain as Amaia Saizar (solist of Bravo, Spain 84), La Decada Prodigiosa (but a new group), then other singers as Rebeca, Cristina Conde (sister of Anabel Conde) and Coral are wellknown but at this moment none of them have been confirmed yet, the rest of singers who have been announced are not popular in Spain, they have taken part in any program or are wellknown in their cities.

spain.jpg

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More Infomation on Israel...

Since this morning the IBA committee is gathered in the broadcaster headquarters to decide on the performer of the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest. Teapacks will represent the country after all. A surprise announcement took place moments ago. Liel Collet (Switzerland 2006) is the runner up in case there will be no agreement at the end. Teapacks will present up to four songs to IBA soon. The procedure on the song selection (whether internal or public) is still to be decided.

The band Teapacks on Sunday was chosen to represent Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest that will take place in Finland this year. The Broadcasting Authority committee on the Eurovision Song Contest, headed by journalist Yoav Ginai, was entrusted with the decision after the Broadcasting Authority discovered that it lacked the funds needed to hold a pre-Eurovision contest. Teapacks, which agreed to participate in the contest, will appear in a special broadcast on Channel 1 and perform four songs. The committee and home audience will then vote to elect the song that will represent Israel in the Eurovision song contest.

The members of the committee, among them Yardena Arazi, Kobi Oshrat and Haim Uliel, examined several options for representative for Israel in the Eurovision and held a vote. Liel, a young singer who represented Switzerland in last year's contest, came in second in the committee's vote. "A Star is Born" contest veteran Michel Guriashvili came in third. "Teapacks is a band that has covered much artistic ground and ammased significant experience," said Yoav Ginai, who wrote the lyrics for the sond "Diva," which won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1998. Ginai also said that Teapacks lead singer Kobi Oz is "one of the most unique and original composers in the country, and we hope they [Teapacks] will present the audience with songs that would be right for the contest.

For TurkishGuy (and not only)

There is a rumour that Elli Kokkinou and her record company were asked from ERT to represent Greece, but their answer was no.

So, now we know that probably Mihalis Hatzigiannis will write the song. We wait till 15 January for ERT announcement.

Evridiki is an excellent choice for Cyprus and even better is Dimitris Korgialas writting her a song.

Here's what I have to say about Eurovision: I could care less about it. I'll sit back and let the rest of you fight over something that's as pointless as a cow kite. In the meantime, wake me when there are more rock/metal bands involved <yawn>.

Here's what I have to say about Eurovision: I could care less about it. I'll sit back and let the rest of you fight over something that's as pointless as a cow kite. In the meantime, wake me when there are more rock/metal bands involved <yawn>.

And this is coming from the same person who made the following post on Christmas day:

"I seriously doubt anyone would know, but it doesn't hurt to ask anyways, but would anyone happen to know the names of the music used for the wind tunnel performance in the Closing Ceremony? If anyone know, that would be nice, if not, there's no harm in asking"

I hardly think you are credible enough to judge others on their music tastes. Next time you wanna throw your toys out of the pram try doing it in another thread. Eurovision is sacred.

For TurkishGuy (and not only)

There is a rumour that Elli Kokkinou and her record company were asked from ERT to represent Greece, but their answer was no.

So, now we know that probably Mihalis Hatzigiannis will write the song. We wait till 15 January for ERT announcement.

Evridiki is an excellent choice for Cyprus and even better is Dimitris Korgialas writting her a song.

Well M. Hatzigiannis makes some really nice music... He also could sing it himself.. He has a very good voice

There are various blocks.

The traditional ones are Greece and Cyprus, and the Scandinavian mafia Sweden-Norway-Denmark-Iceland (Finland was left outside, else they would win earlier the contest).

Now we have the ex-USSR block, the ex-Yugoslavia block.

It's fun! I like it!

I remember previous years when Greece or Cyprus were voting, when they reached the 12 points, all the stadium was booing. In Athens this year from the 10 points all stadium was up and screaming Greece and Anna.

There are various blocks.

The traditional ones are Greece and Cyprus, and the Scandinavian mafia Sweden-Norway-Denmark-Iceland (Finland was left outside, else they would win earlier the contest).

Now we have the ex-USSR block, the ex-Yugoslavia block.

It's fun! I like it!

I remember previous years when Greece or Cyprus were voting, when they reached the 12 points, all the stadium was booing. In Athens this year from the 10 points all stadium was up and screaming Greece and Anna.

The voting blocks ruin the competition. I have no problem with the German 12 points for Turkey as long as it is a good song. But Turkey can send whatever it wants, it doesnt matter. Bad voice, no rhythm, poor performance = 12 points from Germany. Thats annoying.

The voting blocks ruin the competition. I have no problem with the German 12 points for Turkey as long as it is a good song. But Turkey can send whatever it wants, it doesnt matter. Bad voice, no rhythm, poor performance = 12 points from Germany. Thats annoying.

Be advised though that Germany isn't the only nation that's facing this "problem". Bosnia & Herzegovina is bound to get either our 10 or 12 points for the same reason as Germany awards its 12 to Turkey.

Anyways, I've always been in favour of a combined professional jury and televoting results. Dividing it up where each side has the weight of 50% of the total amount of votes would decrease the amount of biased votes being casted from either side. In my opinion only a combined votes of a jury and televoting would actually reward worthy songs with a just result and "punish" those who send songs just for the hel.l of it.

Be advised though that Germany isn't the only nation that's facing this "problem". Bosnia & Herzegovina is bound to get either our 10 or 12 points for the same reason as Germany awards its 12 to Turkey.

Anyways, I've always been in favour of a combined professional jury and televoting results. Dividing it up where each side has the weight of 50% of the total amount of votes would decrease the amount of biased votes being casted from either side. In my opinion only a combined votes of a jury and televoting would actually reward worthy songs with a just result and "punish" those who send songs just for the hel.l of it.

As much as I hate the way that Eurovision has over-complicated itself in recent years, I do fear that this may be our only solution to making this contest fairer.

It is the attitude of people like Pyrros that has ruined Eurovision for many people. How can people get enjoyment out of a rigged competition. The very excitement comes from the fact that it is fair and anyone can win as long as you have a good song. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the show if it just becomes a geography contest or a popularity contest.

On the subject of Morrissey competing for the Uk. I was absolutely bowled over when I heard the news. Apparently he is in talks at the moment with the BBC and looks very keen. I am not sure if this means that there will be no "Making your mind up " competition for this year or whether he will compete for the chance to represent the UK. Wow, Eurovision and Morrissey togther....this is just heaven on earth. I can't wait.

Germany , France , Spain , Lux. , Andorra , Ireland , Portugal , Belgium & Nederlands

The Western nations vote fairly (see Monaco 2006 votes). But otherwise, some people say Spain and Andorra form the 'PYRENEAN BRIDGE' :D

The Western nations vote fairly (see Monaco 2006 votes). But otherwise, some people say Spain and Andorra form the 'PYRENEAN BRIDGE' :D

I agree with that. You get a little favouritism but nothing too bad that it's blatant. Not like Cyprus and Greece. They have no shame.

One of the most wonderful songs with great lyrics at a German final for the ESC, which didn't win:

1998 - "Herzensschöner (Beauty Of The Heart)" by Rosenstolz

Als ich eines Tages dachte (When I thought one day,)

dass ich verloren bin (that I'm doomed,)

begraben und verloschen (six feet under and extinguished)

küsstest du mir Sinn (you reinvent me with kisses)

in mein verstaubtes Leben (into my dusty life)

in meiner Seele Eis (into my frozen soul)

und ich begann zu glauben (and I start to believe)

ein Feuersturm wär heiss... (a firestorm is hot...)

Machs gut mein Herzensschöner (Good bye beauty of my heart)

nun lasse ich dich ziehn (I let you go now)

vergiss was ich gewollt hab (forget what I had wanted)

auch Scherben können blüh'n (shards can glow too)

machs gut, mein kühles Feuer (good bye, my cool fire)

und lass mich weiter frier'n (and let me stay cold)

wer weiss im nächsten Leben (who knows in the next life)

werd ich dich nicht verlier'n (I won't loose you)

Was mich das Leben lehrte (What life taught me)

bis dann vergass ich bald (I forgot "farewell" soon)

zu schön war das erleben (too beautiful was the experience)

so schön und doch so alt (too beautiful, but soon too old)

so alt und so verdorben (too old and faded)

zu oft zu früh gesagt (too early said too often)

dass Worte Herzen morden (that words kill hearts)

doch Seelen bleiben kalt (but souls remain cold)

Machs gut mein Herzensschöner (Good bye beauty of my heart)

nun lasse ich dich ziehn (I let you go now)

vergiss was ich gewollt hab (forget what I had wanted)

auch Scherben können blüh'n (shards can glow too)

the man on the keyboard is Peter Plate (very sexy, but he is married with Ulf Leo Sommer)

For Greece the rumours say that there will be a final between

Christos Dantis - composer of My number one

Tamta - a Georgian singer, winner of Pop Idol

C Real - a group with many hits

Sarbel - an English-Cypriot-Syrian singer.

From the names only I would choose C Real.

Here you have some of the Spanish songs:

LA REINA DE LA NOCHE

This song talks about a drag-queen. It's composed by Rafael Artesero (the same as the Andorra songs from 2005 and 2006) and José Juan Santana Rodríguez.

I LOVE YOU MI VIDA

This is the song made by Thomas G:son for Rebeca. Always made by Antonio Sánchez Ohlsson and Andreas Rickstrand.

Hmmm. A little too pretty boy for my tastes!

Well, I isn't my first choice either, but I won't push him from the bed, if....

I just think about how he would look like in leather or in rubber and with another hair do....

;)

I normally have a very similar Eurovision taste to you Martin, but I really don't know what you see in this Swedish entry. I may dislike Carola but her song was so much better than this one in my opinion.

When I heared it for the first time it wasn't my taste either, but after I heared it several times I think it is really ear-candy...

Archived