Eurovision 2007

Mikel

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol - I did the same with the Norddeutschen Rundfunk
Would all people in the UK that are annoyed by this please use the following form to complain to the BBC.

Thanks

BBC Complaints

or call 08700 100 222

Would all people in Germany that are annoyed by this please complain to the NDR - here is the contact sheet of the NDR

let me say some things in sparse order:

- Italy does not perform in eurovision for several reasons like: it's a waste of money for a kitch contest, RAI doesn't want to spend those money organizing the contest in the case we win (and it's not so rare coz when we were there we were always in the first places), we already have our national contest (FESTIVAL DI SANREMO) which sucks us off all the musical energies we have (it's the festival from where Pausini, Ramazzotti, Bocelli, Zucchero came out...)

- In general Eurovision has super sucking songs: just look at Ukraine, UK or Malta, Portugal and Spain

- The east countires only votes for themselves and do have a terrible taste in music

- The best ones were Andorra, Germany and Hungary (although I couldn't listen them all)

- Yesterday night I could watch at TVE (TV Española) a program about comments over Eurovision: why are you spanish so focused on Eurovision? Couldn't you see it's a horrible festival in which there are almost only bad songs? And even if you don't send those kind of terrible/sucking spanish Nsync you couldn't ever win (although you send some strange things like Ukranian one, but it would be like suicide for spanish music...not that those DNash were not...)

I think that's all.

agree,but is not true that the spaniards are "so focused" on Eurovision.for the majority of us is a waste of time and money and a ridiculous and shameful show.the D´ NASH group is a **** and eurovision is a pink Spartakiad.

I want Spain OUT of this,like Italy and Luxembourg.

If you Germans and British quit, will that mean that France3 and TVE will have to pay more to take part in the contest??? You know, our National Television has huge debts and won't be able to afford it!!! :D

j/k

my favourite songs of 2007:

AND - Let's Save The World

BUL - Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankupov - Water

CYP - Comme ci, comme ca

ESP - d'Nash - I Love You Mi Vida

FIN - Hanna Pakarinen - Leave Me Alone

FRA - Les Fatal Picards - L'amour à la francaise

GER - Frauen regier'n die Welt

GRE - Sarbel - Yassou Maria

SER - Marija Serifovic - Molitva

TUR - Shake It Up Shekerim

my favourite songs of 2007:

AND - Let's Save The World

CYP - Comme ci, comme ca

GER - Frauen regier'n die Welt

SER - Marija Serifovic - Molitva

TUR - Shake It Up Shekerim

My favourite songs of 2007:

AND- Let's save the word

AUT- Get a life, get alive

BEL- Love power

CYP- Comme ci, comme ça

DEN- Drama queen

ESP- I love you mi vida

FIN- Leave me alone

FRA- L'amour à la française

GER- Frauen Regier'n Die Welt

GRE- Yassou Maria

ICE- Valentine Lost

IRE- They can't stop the spring

MAL- Vertigo

NED- On top of the world

NOR- Ven a bailar conmigo

POR- Dança comigo

SWI- Vampires are alive

SWE- The Worrying Kind

UK- Flying the flag (for you)

GO WESTERN EUROPE!!

My post-contest top 10 would have to be the following (in no particular order):

-SERBIA

-FRANCE

-FINLAND

-GEORGIA

-RUSSIA

-GERMANY

-CYPRUS

-SWEDEN

-ANDORRA

-IRELAND

And my bottom 2 would have to be DENMARK and UKRAINE.

Your reactions remind me of what Greeks said till 1998. We sent our songs, but noone (except Cyprus) votes for us. Suddently in 2001 Antique reached 3rd! Two years we get 17th. In 2004 we sent Super Star Sakis, and suddently again 3rd. 2005 first. How is it possible? Till 1998 noone voted us!

You can't weight music or songs. Some loved the German song, I hated since I heared it. Also remember the televoting. 10 year old children can vote in the contest! They can vote for fun and not based on musical criteria.

the award for the cutest hunk in Helsinki goes to D'NASH

nash2.JPG

(the second from left)

10840534,tid=i.jpg

(the second from right)

I thought Niki , the lead singer from the Andorra band was cuter .. lol .

My faves are

SWI - Vampires are alive - DJ Bobo

AND - Let's Save The World - Anoynomous

CYP - Comme ci, comme ca

IRE - They can't stop the spring - Dervish

GEO - Visionary Dream - Sopho

RUS - Song #1

MAL- Vertigo - Olivia Lewis

Here's a video someone posted in another forum. It really shocked me when I watched it:

Eurovision 2007

BTW, I think Serbia was a well deserved winner, and other Eastern countries also had high quality songs and deserved a good place ;)

Let's say that the video is right...so how can someone explain the last year's result?Am i wrong or Finland was the winner??

The thing is....there has ALWAYS been bloc voting in Eurovision.The notorious 'Scandinavian Bloc' for instance where Norway,Sweden,Denmark,Iceland and Finland nearly always give one or the other's entries maximum points.Even if all their singers just stood there with a bag over their head and screamed loudly for 5 minutes,they would each dutifully pick up 12 points from one of their Scandinavian neighbours.This year was no different...Iceland gave Norway 12 points,Norway gave Sweden 12 points,Sweden gave Finland 12 points etc.The Balkan and former Soviet countries are doing exactly the same with each other except that because there are so many more of them it has started to have a noticeable effect on the voting and consequently the chances of any Western country ever winning again! <_<

What to do about it,I'm not sure but I have to say it does bemuse me somewhat that countries like Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia etc. who supposedly hate each other's guts and who were busy dropping bombs on each other and killing as many of each other's people as they could a few years back are now falling over themselves to vote for each other's songs when Eurovision comes round! Estonia gives Russia 12 points despite removing a Soviet war memorial and almost breaking off diplomatic relations with Moscow over it!

What's that all about? Why do all these neighbouring countries suspend their mutual hatreds and animosities when it comes time to vote for each other's songs?? :blink:

Come to think of it....is Eurovision the answer to the search for world peace?? Maybe we should be staging it once a month rather than once a year or abolishing it altogether! If voting for each other's songs helps bring these squabbling beighbours together and prevent the outbreak of future wars,I for one will be happy to forego the possibility of any more of our crap songs winning the thing in future!! ;)

The thing is....there has ALWAYS been bloc voting in Eurovision.The notorious 'Scandinavian Bloc' for instance where Norway,Sweden,Denmark,Iceland and Finland nearly always give one or the other's entries maximum points.Even if all their singers just stood there with a bag over their head and screamed loudly for 5 minutes,they would each dutifully pick up 12 points from one of their Scandinavian neighbours.This year was no different...Iceland gave Norway 12 points,Norway gave Sweden 12 points,Sweden gave Finland 12 points etc.The Balkan and former Soviet countries are doing exactly the same with each other except that because there are so many more of them it has started to have a noticeable effect on the voting and consequently the chances of any Western country ever winning again! <_<

What to do about it,I'm not sure but I have to say it does bemuse me somewhat that countries like Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia etc. who supposedly hate each other's guts and who were busy dropping bombs on each other and killing as many of each other's people as they could a few years back are now falling over themselves to vote for each other's songs when Eurovision comes round! Estonia gives Russia 12 points despite removing a Soviet war memorial and almost breaking off diplomatic relations with Moscow over it!

What's that all about? Why do all these neighbouring countries suspend their mutual hatreds and animosities when it comes time to vote for each other's songs?? :blink:

Come to think of it....is Eurovision the answer to the search for world peace?? Maybe we should be staging it once a month rather than once a year or abolishing it altogether! If voting for each other's songs helps bring these squabbling beighbours together and prevent the outbreak of future wars,I for one will be happy to forego the possibility of any more of our crap songs winning the thing in future!! ;)

I totaly agree and what you so nicely describe is another proof of that...those hatreds and aminosities are products of the politicians and the reality is that if you check in depth, simple people, although they have differences,they dont hate each other and they dont like wars..politicians like them and try hardly to make them happen...

When I get an answer from the NDR - I will let you know - I#m really looking forward to it - here in Germany started a discussion about the fiddling of the East European Countries and the diaspora voting of the immigrants of East Europe in West Europe - I would be very astonished if the EBU won't change the voting rules - and I believe 2009 will be too late - they have to do it now...

Archived