Eurovision 2007

Mikel

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a stage, does anybody know what does it represent? :huh:

It represents a Finnish fish they use to create a typical instrument of Finland. I think it's called kurikala or something like that.

I liked the Andorra Rehearsal ~! Qualify or not to qualify , they're going bring home Andorra's best placing yet ! But due to some wise guy with some copyright crap we can't see it , here is it , just in case it come back !

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...p;search=Search

Its the 1st one.

Really good!

As i have said before Andorra is one of my favourites this year...

Image that Andorra wins, i don't know if any of you have been in Andorra before... It its a really small city, and from i now (i go there every summer) it doesn't have a really big stadium or centre to host the Eurovision Show, and i prefer no to talk about the problems of trasnport if all these people had to move to Andorra La Vella...no airport...crowded and quite narrow streets....

This is my question: Is there any country which is not capable to host Eurovision? Could be Andorra one of them? In the case of Andorra, where will Eurovision take place? In Spain??

Really good!

Image that Andorra wins, i don't know if any of you have been in Andorra before... It its a really small city, and from i now (i go there every summer) it doesn't have a really big stadium or centre to host the Eurovision Show, and i prefer no to talk about the problems of trasnport if all these people had to move to Andorra La Vella...no airport...crowded and quite narrow streets....

This is my question: Is there any country which is not capable to host Eurovision? Could be Andorra one of them? In the case of Andorra, where will Eurovision take place? In Spain??

When Monaco won in 1971, they couldn't host next year, so the BBC hosted it in 1972.

If Andorra wins, maybe the EBU selects a tv to host it like in the JESC, and TVE don't want to host it, so we won't see Barcelona 2008 if Andorra wins...

Pero si la televisión de Andorra quiere acoger el festival y pagarlo de su bolsillo, pero no puede por cuestiones de infraestructura, ¿la EBU le quita el derecho a organizarlo? Es decir, si la televisión de Andorra, que es la que pone los cuartos, decide que el festival se haga en Barcelona, ¿la EBU se lo puede a prohibir al no ser su país?

Are broadcasters obliged to host the ESC in their own country if they win even if they don't want to, even though they're paying for it?

No, if they don't want to host it EBU selects another country. If you remember the scenarios for 2005 during Ukraine's revolution there were rumours that EBU asked ERT (Greece) if we want to host the contest, because everything was ready from the Olympic Games (I mean stadiums that don't need a renovation and of course the TV equipment).

there were several years where the winning country didn't host the next contest:

1957: SWITZERLAND won in 1956 - GERMANY hosted

1960: NETHERLANDS won in 1959 - UNITED KINGDOM hosted

1962: FRANCE won in 1961 - UNITED KINGDOM hosted

1972: MONACO won in 1971 - UNITED KINGDOM hosted

1974: LUXEMBOURG won in 1973 - UNITED KINGDOM hosted

1980: ISREAL won in 1979 - NETHERLANDS hosted

Just hours before the semifinal starts two questions:

1) Which of the favorites do you think that won't pass to the final?

2) Will we have our annual Eurovision chat night?

-----------------------

1) I fear Cyprus could end in this situation. I won't mind if Belarus won't pass to the final.

I fear that the best song in the Semi-finals that won't make it through may be Denmark. I have seen the performance and to me it looks a little awkward. I had high hopes for this song but now I think it may struggle.

I will be here tonight. Have no plans to go out tonight as my plans have fallen through.

Really good!

Why not ? They're just as popular in Spain ! But then again , Millstreet , a small town of 1500 hosted '93

Why not ? They're just as popular in Spain ! But then again , Millstreet , a small town of 1500 hosted '93

Well, the biggest problems of Andorra, as i have said before, are transports and acces, the nearest international airport is Barcelona's one, a bit far.... Maybe that town that you have told me had good services like airport and roads, but in Andorra this doesn't happen... Anyway, i hope Andorra wins!

Favourites for the semifinal: Andorra, Slovenia, Georgia, Estonia, Belarus and Austria. :lol:

I notice that since the rehearsals Ukraine has shot up to become favourite to win the contest. I now suspect the winner will be between Ukraine, Cyprus or Serbia.

Not sure about Cyprus anymore. Don't discount Russia or Turkey.

Do you think that this year's contest is the most 'open' of the recent years? I mean in every poll we have different results. In one Austria is in the lead, in the other it's at the end.

We have 3 more hours and 45min for the contest to start!

Archived