20. Romania

21. semifinalist

22. semifinalist

23. Armenia

24. semifinalist

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be less concerned with your countires position and more concerned with it being next to other favoruties or songs with a very similar style . For example, It is always good to follow a run of up-tempo songs with a strong ballad.

One eurovision mystery for me is in 2004 . Netherlands finished 6th in the semi final therefore qualifying for the final . Its a real mystery how they ended up 24th in the finals . This is rather common but in this case its placing is widely affected .

If anyone is interested. You can watch a re-cap video of the Semi-Finalists here.

I should warn you guys that the video is almost half an hour long. That's because they're showing a minute clip from each of the 28 contestants. So if any of you have 1/2 hour to kill, then you can watch it from the link above.

Anyways, looks like we're going to have a long a$$ Semi-Finals this year. :blink:

If anyone is interested. You can watch a re-cap video of the Semi-Finalists here.

I should warn you guys that the video is almost half an hour long. That's because they're showing a minute clip from each of the 28 contestants. So if any of you have 1/2 hour to kill, then you can watch it from the link above.

Anyways, looks like we're going to have a long a$$ Semi-Finals this year. :blink:

Holy Crap. I am exhausted - I just watched it - there is a LOT of crap in there. I'm going to go out on an early limb and name the qualifiers - not by opinion, but who i think will qualify. ?is it 10 qualifiers?

1. Turkey

2. FYROM

3. Slovenia

4. Belgium

5. Andorra

6. Norway

7. Croatia

8. Switzerland

9. Belarus

10.Cyprus

The following can probably sneak through depending on performance;

- Bulgaria

- Georgia

- Netherlands

- Denmark

- Hungary

And finally, the only countries that can probably win from the semi are Turkey, Cyprus or Andorra.

Heres my 10 qualifiers and the order in which I think they will finish in.

1st - Switzerland

2nd - Slovenia

3rd - Denmark

4th - Cyprus

5th - Serbia

6th - Bulgaria

7th - Georgia

8th - Moldova

9th - Norway

10th - Turkey

I have no idea what the Dutch song sounds like but they have no chance to qualify anyway. Simply not enough friends.

To be honest, the only country that consistently gets through the semi's with average songs is FYROM. Other than that, it's pretty much up for anyone. Just have to make an impression. Netherlands has got a dance number after a sequence of really average songs, so you never know.

@ mallaka - you really think Switzerland is that good?

The Bulgarian song is the kind of song that either will be in top-3 or at last 3.

Personaly I like it a lot and definately will vote for it. It's different and that's good.

The song is good, the film clip is good, will it translate to a great stage performance? - unfortunately I don't think so. It is up first, that can only be a good thing.

If making an impression means sending an over the top gay guy singing a ridiculous disco song that would even be considered ancient 30 years ago like Bosnia did a few years ago, than I'm happy we're barking against the wrong tree.

I am totally against this ongoing tinkering around with the rules of Eurovision. I wish there was no semi-final and that it should be limited to 25 countries. I also dont agree that the big 4 should get an automatic place. There are too many rules in Eurovision now. However, I suppose we have to blame the idiot nations that do not play fair and routinely vote for their neighbours. It is these idiots that are forcing these changes and they should be the ones that take the blame. The whole point of Eurovision is that it is a contest. If you take this away then you really have nothing left.

Another stupid idea from Stockselius just to destroy the contest (added to the change of voting in 2006 and the 'wildcards' at the draw of 2007).

Perhaps some nations should bear this in mind when they award their 12 points this year.

We've covered in the past that Cyprus and Greece have the same music market.

When we sent Sakis Rouvas it's impossible for Cyprus to vote anyone else. When Greece sends Anna Vissi (who is Cypriot), who do you think that Cyprus will vote for?

The main issue is that Eurovision has almost 50 countries participating, anb EBU wants to promote and protect the product. So far what they have done (the semifinal, the voting system) the majority of the fans don't agree with it. Everything started since Stockselius became in charge of the project.

@Rei

It's a pity that Italy doesn't participate anymore.

Eurovision is fun. It's a show that goes on for 52 years brings together people from all over Europe (and not only). It gives people at home 3 hours of fun and we have a lot to talk about it for the rest of the year.

In Greece although till 2001 no one cared about it, since Antique always become the 1st program in TV ratings for the Europe. More people watched Eurovision 2004 than the Euro final or the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games.

Archived