2010 LegaciesNow

2010 LegaciesNow - which will manage the sport, cultural and social legacies of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games - is seeking a new logo.

See attached:

2010 Legacies Now Invitation for new Logo Design

They used the bid logo because they were part of the bid, but will not be using Ilanaaq.  So they are seeking a professional firm or designer to come up with a logo.

This is not a design contest, it is a contest to do work.  An expression of interest to submit work not actually do the work.  This is perhaps what VANOC should have done in retrospect.

They cannot use the bid logo.  But below is a proposed mark for the bid that didn't make it...maybe this is an idea.

1126810.gif

This is not a design contest, it is a contest to do work.  An expression of interest to submit work not actually do the work.  This is perhaps what VANOC should have done in retrospect.

They cannot use the bid logo.  But below is a proposed mark for the bid that didn't make it...maybe this is an idea.

1126810.gif

I think it is a good idea here. After the 1988 Winter Olympics, CODA retained the official Olympic logo and called it its own.

• 1 month later...

I like it but I wouldn't necessarily replace ilanaaq with it. At least with ilanaaq you get a monumental and landmark feeling.

This looks like an after picture of ilanaaq post-weight watchers sessions.

I just noticed. The colours used, the same in ilanaaq, don't appear to be very forgiving when there is implied symmetry, like how one knows a human is essentially symmetrical even though they're standing on one leg. If implied symmetry is used then the more vivid colours take center stage and more visual "importance."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow. A topic that hasn't been posted on for over a year. Anyway, the IOC has awarded to one of the "2010 Legacies Now" Board of Directors the "Juan Antonio Samaranch IOC Disabled Athlete Award" at Lausanne. Her name is Ljiljana Ljubisic. She first competed for Canada at the Los Angeles 1984 Paralympic Games up to the Atlanta 1996 version.

Link: IOC: Lilo Ljubisic, A Life Of Challenge And Passion

1. Lilo Ljubisic

ARTP_2055_678_big.jpg

2. She is pictured here with both current IOC President, Jacques Rogge, and the former IOC President, Juan Antonio Samaranch:

ARTP_2055_677_big.jpg