Take The Subway When You Are In Beijing!

China Man

From my blog!

Beijing is building a new subway line to service the Olympic Park. There are altogether 4 stations with the 4 seasons as the theme for the line! The base color of the four stations will be red/back, yellow, blue and green respectively.

The Olympic Subway Line is 4.398km long. Its theme is borrowed from the “rhythm of music”. Each station represents a fermata (rest) in a musical performance, while the tunnel between the stations represents a string of musical notes (the tunnel is decorated!). As the train moves through the four stations, the traveler will experience five different “music pieces” with each station being the end and the beginning of the next.

The “Pan-Island Panda Station” (literal translation, not official) has red and black as the main hue represent the passionate Summer; The Olympic Center Station is yellow signifying a brilliant Autumn. The Olympic Park Station is blue representing the expansive Winter; and lastly the Forest Station is green as hopeful Spring. In addition, the walls of the stations will be gray representing the continuity of the culture of the Beijing people.

pandastation.jpg

parkstation.jpg

centerstation.jpg

foreststation.jpg

What great pictures you have there, China Man. In fact, Beijing has the right idea of making more subway lines to alleviate the congestion problems Beijing City is facing. I cannot see myself driving a car in a city of about 15 million people. It would be insane to even try. By the way, what are the fares of using the existing subway system there?

What great pictures you have there, China Man. In fact, Beijing has the right idea of making more subway lines to alleviate the congestion problems Beijing City is facing. I cannot see myself driving a car in a city of about 15 million people. It would be insane to even try. By the way, what are the fares of using the existing subway system there?

It currently costs 2 to 6 rmb to take the subway. That's less than a dollar.

It currently costs 2 to 6 rmb to take the subway. That's less than a dollar.

I see. Well, China Man, would there be any form of "special deals" for Olympic spectators to use the subway system during the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games or not?

Most rental companies aren't represented in Beijing as Beijing drivers are f*cking crazy. The subway line is due for opening in late 2007 - or so I was told. It is pretty standard practice now that your Olympic ticket includes transport on the day of your event. I'd assume that that will still be the case. However - the subways get crowded - and last time I was there they closed both north Tiananmen stations as there 'were too many people'... um... ok... admittedly it was the National Day weekend - but those people need to get in and out somehow!!

• 1 month later...

Hi

My question is for China Man

I read recently in a website (sorry, i don't remember wich one, so I can not put here the link) that the subway line no 4 will not be in operation for the game.

Can you confirm me that ?

Since I allready started the proceed to buy my tickets for the events I choosed to attend, I'm a little bit worried.

Not a big deal because I can always choose to take a cab from a venue to another. I'm just curious to know if that information is real or not (on other website, nothing said that the line 4 will not be ready for august 2008)

The two times I selected to go to Volleyball, monday august 11th (for women's preliminary games) and wednesday august 20th (for men's quarter-finals) at the Capital Indoor Stadium, I will be very very short of time to go to my next competition. I had in mind when I scheduled everything that the Baishiqiao station will be in operation. Maybe it will not be the case.

Thank you for you answer.

Chateau Petrus