Canada SkyTrain Line

mr.x

Forgot to post:

I've made an unusual observation regarding Canada Line Station signs. On Marine Drive Station (http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=492&st=50), one of the renderings were the signs on the platform. They were black-yellow-black just like the M Line ones. But shouldn't it be black-red-black, as it is Canada Line (theme colour red). It just makes more sense to me to put it that way.

Also, TransLink should start improving the signs on the M Line too. I see that many visitors can be confused on the M Line stations regarding which trains goes to where (for example, the Commercial Drive Station as you walk down the escalators or stairs, there aren't obvious signs saying which train goes to where, sign example:

<--- VCC/Clark | Columbia --->

Signs are a small deal in the renderings......I'm sure they will be red. It'll actually be red-yellow-red.

They're slowly improving the signgs at Commercial/Broadway.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a pic of the excavation for the Vancouver City Centre Station (Robson Station) next to Sears taken August 4th, 2006. The excavation will butt up to the foundation of Sears and the sidewalk supports are bolted into the wall of Sears. Access is required next to Sears for the emergency exits from Sears.

granvillesidewalkp8040016smalltk3.jpg

Extending Mitchell Island to Construct Tower N1 of the North-Fraser Arm Bridge

279.jpg

278.jpg

277.jpg

Truss installation at Bridgeport

288.jpg

287.jpg

Boring at South False Creek; Concrete Tunnel Segments being placed

286.jpg

285.jpg

Micropiling for excavation shoring at the future Davie Station

284.JPG

283.JPG

282.JPG

280.JPG

281.JPG

From TransLink:

August 08, 2006

Major SkyTrain Track Work Brings August Weekend Service Changes

As part of its pro-active preventive maintenance program, a portion of SkyTrain track will be replaced during the month of August. This will require adjustments to service schedules on two weekends, but SkyTrain is taking steps to reduce the impact on its customers.

Sections of the running rail on the sharp curve just north of Broadway station will be replaced on the weekends of August 12-13 and 19-20. More than 2 million trains, 8 million cars and 32 million axles have travelled over that rail.

During the work, SkyTrains will operate on a single track between Nanaimo and Main Street-Science World stations. Trains will run less frequently than normal on weekends, but longer trains and other adjustments will be used to minimize travel delays and ensure sufficient capacity for passengers.

Expo Line Service: Trips between Stadium, Main, Broadway and Nanaimo stations, will be every 17 minutes. At all other stations, service will be at 6 to 12 minute intervals. To provide as many seats as possible, we will be using the longer 4-car Mark II trains.

Millennium Line Service: Trains will only run between VCC-Clark and Columbia stations. Millennium Line customers going to and from downtown Vancouver will need to change trains either at Broadway/Commercial station or at Columbia.

There will be additional trains running every 18 minutes from Broadway station to Waterfront (one direction only) to handle the increased number of people transferring from buses and the Millennium Line at Broadway.

Customers should add 15 minutes to their estimated travel times when making their plans for those two weekends. Please watch for signs, listen to announcements, and follow directions of SkyTrain staff.

TransLink apologizes for any inconvenience, and thanks its customers for their patience and understanding as we maintain the system for the future.

Source: http://translink.bc.ca/About_TransLink/New...ews08080601.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SkyTrain has many many problems lately regarding there train service, particularly the Mark I trains. For instance, train not running, becoming 'stuck' for about 7 minutes on a station. Just last week, a train not in movement between Saperton and Braid Station. Hope they try to fix these problems before olympics arrive.

I wonder if they start running some 6 car Mark I's when they recieve there 34 Mark II's. Oh, does anyone know if it is 34 one/two car Mark II's or is it 17 two/four car Mark II's? (# excluding articulation/# including articulation).

^ well the decison on additional SkyTrain cars was supposed to be made last month but it was deferred until September. with Translink's financial woes, it's a possibility that we may not see these new cars.

yes, that's what they were planning to do: to run 6-car MKI's and 4-car MKII's when the new shipment of MKII's arrives.

i think we need to order the middle car, the C-car, that goes in the middle of the two MKII head cars (A and B cars). it's 10 metres long, compared to the 18 metre head cars.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Supposedly, on the Vancouver Rapid Transit M-Line website, it states that platforms can fit 5 Mark II Cars and 6 Mark I cars. But if we ever want 5 Mark II's, we need a special Mark II to fit at the end or in between the cars so that we can reach the platform max.

Any images of the 'c' car Mark II?

Oh, Is it the car used in Yongin, South Korea (computer renderings below)?

122114b.jpg

122114a.jpg

Text from Bombardier:

Bombardier Transportation, as part of the Yongin LRT Consortium, is providing a driverless Advanced Rapid Transit (ART) system for the City of Yongin. The new 18.5-km (11.5-mi.) line will link Seoul's subway system, via the Yongin City, with Everland, one of the world's largest amusement parks. The fleet of 30 ART vehicles will serve 15 stations and is projected to carry about 13 million tourists annually.

The new system features Bombardier's linear-induction-motor-propulsion and the Bombardier CITYFLO 650 automated train control (ATC) solution, both well proven on transit systems around the world. CITYFLO 650 ATC, the world's first radio-based train control technology, offers exceptional operational flexibility and system performance.

The City of Yongin awarded the 35-year concession contract to include five years of design/build and up to 30 years of operations and maintenance (O&M) services. Bombardier is providing the first 10 years of O&M, with four 5-year renewable options.

Source: http://www.bombardier.com/index.jsp?id=1_0.../en/1_0/1_0.jsp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think New york's AirTrain is also like that.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Supposedly, on the Vancouver Rapid Transit M-Line website, it states that platforms can fit 5 Mark II Cars and 6 Mark I cars. But if we ever want 5 Mark II's, we need a special Mark II to fit at the end or in between the cars so that we can reach the platform max.

it would actually be more realistic to expand the station platforms and Translink has said that platform expansion will be needed in 2020. Not sure about the M-Line platforms, but the Expo Line platforms were designed so that they could be easily expanded to accommodate 8-car Mark I trains. Currently, we can only fit 6-car Mark I trains.

Note: a Mark I car is 12 metres long, and a Mark II is 18 metres long. An 8-car Mark I train is 100 metres long (including car joints) = 100 metre platforms. This means we can fit 4-car Mark II-A & B plus 2-car Mark II C. The C car is 10 metres long and would fit in the middle (an exclusive end car is not practicle). The MKII train would look something like this:

(||||||||||||||||||-||||||||||-||||||||||||||||||)-(||||||||||||||||||-||||||||||-||||||||||||||||||)

18 metre/10 metre/18 metre-18 metre/10 metre/18 metre

ACB-ACB

And no, the train in Yongin is not the C car. I believe that the trains in Yongin are a special type of Mark II and both ends of each car has heads. In addition, these cars are 22 metres long and have only two doors on each side of the car.

(|||||||||||||||||||||)

Interesting, so the 'C' train will fit in between the articulated sections. Hmm... I would think that the 'C' train is just a seperated 'dual headed' train that fits in between 2 articulated Mark II's. Diagram as follows:

(||||||||||||||||||-||||||||||||||||||)-(||||||||||)-(||||||||||||||||||-||||||||||||||||||)

Having the total train length to be 82 m. But does it matter that the entire train must fit on the platform. Can it just be the doors? 'cause if it needs the entire train, then we have to figure something else. But if it's the doors, than the train will fit.

Now I'm not sure if it's 22 m cars for the Yongin Line, but the train looks similar to the AirTrain in JFK, and the trains there are about 18 m long.

^ well i'm not sure if the trains fit like that, but that was my first impression when i first read about it.

only the doors would be need to fit the platform, like the Canada Line. the trains are 41 metres long but most platforms will only be 40 metres in length.

well of course they would look familiar, Vancouver SkyTrain, AirTrain and Yongin are all Bombardier ART........and also, Kuala Lumpur.

LOL!

Btw, the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) is planning to purchase new subway trains by 2009 and replace all old trains by 2011. Info below:

- Over 200 subway cars are almost 30 years old and need to be replaced.

- The TTC is planning to buy 234 new subway cars, to make 39 trains.

- The first of these trains will start in passenger service in 2009.

- All 234 cars will be delivered before the end of 2011.

- These trains will run on the Yonge-University-Spadina line.

nst_artist_concept.jpg

More Information & Source: http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/new_subway_train...ain_preview.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The TTC Trains, by Bombardier, will also include the ideal subway train with articulated gangways between trains connecting each car (this train will be the longest articulated Subway in North America, so far, the longest is the SkyTrain), LED or Electronic Information Display System (Displaying the next station and the direction the doors open in [aarows like >>>> or <<<<]). Many saftey features include LCD Monitors, way finding floors, passanger alarm intercom and CCTV or closed circuit television. From the renderings, I don't see any silent alarm, like the ones on the SkyTrain.

Personal Opinion:

It's nice, from the renderings. But I have to say the colour schemes are really boring. The TTC is offering a survey for users to express the colour schemes of the train as well. The have 4 schemes, and I have to say Scheme 1 (the scheme in all the renderings) is the best one. The rest are really ugly.

Although this isn't new, many of you might not know this. According to the Vancouver UBC Transit Plan, our busses around the Canada Line will be very different.

Existing Bus:

A) #98 B-Line, will be shut down. Alternative plan was for the #98 to be running along Granville only and terminate at Marine Drive Station or Airport Station/Templeton Station, but TransLink says it will cost too much to operate since it runs parallel with the #98 and because Granville has many express busses running on the route already.

B) #10 bus will be replaced, see bus changes secion b.

Bus Changes:

A) #17 will extend service to Marine Drive Station but is shortened at the north end to Broadway/City Hall station.

B) #8 will replace #10 and run as Fraser/Granville. Since the #98 will be removed, the Granville trolley bus will have a lot more riders. The #8 will run to Marine Drive Station on Marine Drive and continue it's route to on Granville.

C) The Cambie bus may have a new route number because it will change the type of bus. A trolley bus will be too expensive to run (capacity is not significant enough), as the bus will be used as 'short trips' to connect communities along the Canada Line. TransLink will replace the electric trolley bus with smaller and greener buses. The plan also calls for buses to run every 10 min instead of 15. The Cambie bus will most likely to be downgraded to a secondary bus route. Smaller buses may be the New Flyer's 30 or 35 low floor models.

D) #100 will terminate at Marine Drive Station.

E) Oakridge/Hospital Canada Line Shuttle, a community shuttle will be introduced to serve communities and hospitals off the corridor.

By 2010, our bus service will be expanded. New routes/features are planed like:

1)#91 B-Line running on 41 Ave, replacing the #43 Express Bus. The B-Line will run from Joyce-Collingwood Station to UBC. The #41 may not run to UBC, so that electric trolleys can be ran along the corridor. Bus-Only lanes may be introduced providing fast service and will add stops at Rupert )(which is much needed) and UBC Hospital. The B-Line will integrate ITS Systems and have real time information displayed on the stops, unique shelters, etc.

2) #95 B-Line will upgrade the current #135 Hastings Bus. The route will not change however, shelters may change like the #91.

3) Upgrade #99 B-Line with ITS Systems and real time information displays.

4) #33 new local bus from 29th Ave. Station to UBC. It will run on Slocan, then on 33rd Ave., then right at Cambie, and then on 16 Ave. to UBC. Future 33 Ave. station may increase passangers on the route.

5) #3 Main Bus will terminate at Chinatown. Please note, articulated electric trolley buses will be introduced by 2008. All door boarding may also be introduced for SB at Main Street-Science World Station.

6) Extending C23 to Main Street - Science World Station.

7) Extending #22 to Dunbar Loop.

8) Introduce C18 and C19 Community Shuttles around UBC.

6)

C) The Cambie bus may have a new route number because it will change the type of bus. A trolley bus will be too expensive to run (capacity is not significant enough), as the bus will be used as 'short trips' to connect communities along the Canada Line. TransLink will replace the electric trolley bus with smaller and greener buses. The plan also calls for buses to run every 10 min instead of 15. The Cambie bus will most likely to be downgraded to a secondary bus route. Smaller buses may be the New Flyer's 30 or 35 low floor models.
Mainly because trolley wires will not be reinstalled on Cambie after Canada Line construction has finished. Reinstallation would cost $10 million, and Translink has decided to cheap out.

And I guess those bus routes that terminate at Marine Drive Station would terminate at the new bus loop to be built adjacent to the station. Note: funding has not been secured by Translink for the new bus loop.

1)#91 B-Line running on 41 Ave, replacing the #43 Express Bus. The B-Line will run from Joyce-Collingwood Station to UBC. The #41 may not run to UBC, so that electric trolleys can be ran along the corridor. Bus-Only lanes may be introduced providing fast service and will add stops at Rupert )(which is much needed) and UBC Hospital. The B-Line will integrate ITS Systems and have real time information displayed on the stops, unique shelters, etc.

2) #95 B-Line will upgrade the current #135 Hastings Bus. The route will not change however, shelters may change like the #91.

3) Upgrade #99 B-Line with ITS Systems and real time information displays.

About time.

5) #3 Main Bus will terminate at Chinatown. Please note, articulated electric trolley buses will be introduced by 2008. All door boarding may also be introduced for SB at Main Street-Science World Station.

Main Street is getting a $10 million overhaul for the new articulated electric trolley bus fleet (consisting of both 12 metre and 18 metre buses):

- bus buldges to reduce boarding time

- new bus shelters with passenger information.

- bus bulge wraps around corner to increase space for pedestrians.

- pedestrian bulges shorten crossing distance between corners.

- landscaped areas within each bulge.

- space for community art, bike-racks and benches.

- on-street parking is maintained.

- street trees provide shade and make the street a more attractive place to walk.

- special technology will allow buses to extend or shorten green lights, keeping them on time.

Better Sidewalks and Crosswalks

In some areas street curbs will be extended into bus bulges, allowing the bus to stay in its lane of travel when picking up and dropping off customers. Pedestrian bulges make crossing the street safer by shortening a walker's crossing distance and time, which also means a shorter wait time for vehicles. As well, these bulges increase space for pedestrians in front of shops at bus shelters, and for on-street parking.

Main Stops of the Future

Bus stops will feature new shelters with lighting, rain protection, seating, seasonal plantings and waste receptacles.

A Bike-Friendly Experience

New trolley buses are bike rack equipped and bike racks will be available at bus stops and key commerical areas.

Brand New State-Of-The-Art Low Floor Trolley Buses

Main Street will have more frequent and reliable service with new low-floor, fully accessible electric trolley buses, meaning no more stairs to climb when boarding the bus.

Bus Schedules That You Can Depend on

To make sure buses and you stay on time, special transit signals will give buses priority at intersections and Automatic Vehicle Location technology will help keep the buses evenly spaced. At Terminal Street, southbound and northbound buses will make use of a special queue-jumping lane of their own, letting them move through the intersection ahead of traffic.

You'll Know When Your Next Bus is Coming

Bus shelters will feature real-time smart displays so you'll always know when to expect the next bus or two. Plus at bus stops, there will be route maps and information about connecting services and the transit network.

Up to 35 bus stops along the Main corridor will be fitted with new and/or relocated shelters, equipped with improved lighting, rain protection, seating, and waste receptacles, to enhance passenger comfort and convenience.

At high volume stops, real-time schedule information will be provided on electronic signage at stops, while other stops will have current copies of printed schedules posted. Bus stops will have posted maps of local amenities and landmarks, customized bus route diagrams and frequency information.

Do you know when will the new trolleys will be running. I remembered reading in the Buzzer about some time this year. At least for Main.

Transit Terminus & Stations Expansion:

A) UBC Underground Bus Terminal - Calls for completion at around 2008.

B) Joyce Station - Plan calls for expanding the bus terminal to make room for more buses and a smoother transfer between SkyTrain and the future #91 B-Line (as the current location of #43 Express Bus is already away from the terminal).

C) Waterfront Station - Working with the city to create an on street surface transportation hub so more buses can terminate at the station (must also be compatible with future StreetCar).

D) Oakridge - 41 Ave Station - #41 and #91 buses must be closer to the station to ensure shorter and faster transfers.

E) Marine Drive Station - Open a new bus terminal facility (still under review) for buses Fraser/Granville #8, Marine Drive #100, Cambie (#? as the route may change it's number since it is the bus is downgraded from a electric trolley bus), and Main #3.

Vancouver Downtown StreetCar:

The plan calls for the streetcar to be running from Granville Island to Olympic Village Station (Canada Line) to Olympic Village, and then to Main Street-Science World Station. As for on the Vancouver Downtown StreetCar website (updated), the phase one combines the TransLink area Transit Plan phase one and two to run from Granville Island to Olympic Village Station, to Olympic Village, to Main Street-Science World Up Quebec St. to Chinatown, and then to Waterfront.

[street Car Stations/Potential Station Names]

1) Granville Island

2) Spruce St.

3) Heather St.

4) Cambie St. - Olympic Village Station

5) Columbia St. - Olympic Village Centre

6) Ontario St.

7) Terminal Ave. - Main Street Science World Station

8) Georgia/Dunsmir Viaduct

9) Keefer St. - Chinatown

10) Hastings St. - Chinatown

11) Carall St. - Gastown (note Carall St. will be redesigned to a greener St.)*

12) Abbot St. - Gastown*

13) Waterfront Station

*Inbound & Outbound stations are in different locations

I wonder what kind of streetcar Vancouver would buy. I think Bombardier`s GLT in Nancy, France is quite interesting and unique. If Vancouver gets this product (highly impossible), buses can also use the same electric wires used in the StreetCar.

Does anybody remember when the new electric trolleys will start running?

And does anybody know when the new fully accessible entrance at Granville station will be open?

the entire new trolley fleet will be in service by the end of 2007.

the new Granville Station entrance will be open by the end of summer or the very latest, early-September.

184994167_7946fcd446.jpg

184994075_6b845b5d3b.jpg

New pictures of Cambie between 59th Avenue and Marine Drive:

363.JPG

362.JPG

361.JPG

360.JPG

359.JPG

358.JPG

357.JPG

356.JPG

355.JPG

354.JPG

353.JPG

352.JPG

351.JPG

350.JPG

349.JPG

348.JPG

347.JPG

346.JPG

345.JPG

344.JPG

343.JPG

Double Track Pier Segment used to test the truss befor stating segment placement (This is the heavest segment that will be lifted by the truss)

341.jpg

New Construction Pictures - August 2006

Double Track Pier Segment used to test the truss befor stating segment placement

(This is the heavest segment that will be lifted by the truss)

341.jpg

Assembly of Launching Truss LG2 near Vancouver Airport

365.jpg

364.jpg

Concrete segment placement at Bridgeport

373.jpg

372.jpg

371.jpg

369.jpg

368.jpg

Extending Mitchell Island

367.jpg

366.jpg

A Hoot and a Toot for Canada Line’s OMC

The Canada Line cars will be unique in size and shape

Jean Sorensen

Correspondent

Trains have held a universal fascination – just ask any adult who has dealt with a youngster clamouring for Thomas the Train products or has taken a ride on B.C.’s hugely popular Rocky Mountaineer Railway.

“In Britain,” says Kevin Hanvey, the OMICRON architect charged with designing the new Canada Line’ Operations and Maintenance Centre (OMC) building, “there are train-spotters who make notes on trains just like bird watchers do when they spot a bird.”

The appeal of trains has inspired Hanvey to design an OMC building unique to B.C.

While other B.C. com-muter train systems by-pass service yards where trains are rested and repaired, the Canada Line (connecting Vancouver, Richmond and the Vancouver International Airport) will roll through the OMC yard providing insider glimpses of a working yard.

Local visitors and tourists arriving and leaving Vancouver will have the opportunity to see the Great Train Hall, where cars are shunted about as they go to rest areas or in for repairs as well as catching views of the operations building where the line is managed. The Canada Line cars will be unique as they are wider and longer than conventional SkyTrain cars. As such, they will not be interchangeable to other SkyTrain lines.

Hanvey, who has worked in Britain before returning home to B.C., says he has drawn inspiration from the Great Train Halls of Europe in bringing forward the design concept for the OMC. “The other point of reference is the trains themselves,” he says, adding the centre’s overall shape creates the illusion of a train.

The moving-train shape captures the speed, dynamism and elegance of the Canada Line, both through scale of building and at the scale of the detail, Hanvey maintains. Hanvey’s challenge has been to create a service-oriented centre but to do so in such a way that it provides a point of interest.

The OMC is being placed on seven acres on the south side of the Fraser River just prior to the first Richmond stop. While it is destined to become an interesting view along the line itself, it is also going to be a highly visible foreshore landmark. It will be seen from the Oak Street bridge and the Fraser River. Given its size, it has the potential to be a reference landmark on the westbound flight path to YVR.

In the OMC design, the train repair shed is the dominant piece of the building program. The roof form is a shallow curve arcing up to the west towards Richmond and the airport with the geometry capturing both the grand-style of 19th Century European train halls and the symmetry of motion.

Along side the Train Hall (immediately north) the project has a two-storey linear “tube” of space which runs east to west, creating a tubular but “train-like” main building entry (east end).

Over the length of the whole structure, the flanking walls are raised to create a long shallow arc from east to west, bringing the walls into an architectural dialogue with the curving roof of the Train Hall.

The design also performs a useful function in that it provides a screen for rooftop mechanical units so that a clear, carefully-composed roofscape will be seen from above. The building is proposed as predominantly a silver metallic skin with a mat finish to carry off the image of sleek, silver train.

it looks like the overall design for the OMC has been redone and will be completely different from the design in the public consultation poster boards.

What's New And Improved this September

During 2006, you’ll see the biggest improvements in bus services since TransLink’s inception seven years ago. These improvements are a result of public input into seven Area Transit Plans that have been created for the various communities of the Greater Vancouver region.

Check below for bus, Community Shuttle and NightBus service changes that begin on September 4. Just click on the route number/name to access the new schedule.

Note that for each area/category, all regular bus routes are listed first, followed by Community Shuttles [C] and then NightBus [N] routes.

Services by area & category Vancouver, Burnaby and New Westminster

Surrey, White Rock, Langley & Delta

Richmond

North Shore

Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows

Vancity U-Pass (UBC & SFU)

Vancouver, Burnaby and New Westminster

Links provided for each route will display schedules effective September 4th, 2006.

3 Main / Downtown

20 Victoria / Downtown

22 Knight / MacDonald

Additional service on these routes during weekday morning and afternoon rush periods to meet increasing demand.

25 Brentwood Station / UBC

41 Joyce Station / Crown or UBC

Improved midday service Monday-Friday

49 Metrotown Station / Dunbar Loop or UBC

Improved service weekdays between 7:00 and 10:00 a.m. eastbound and 8:30 and 10:00 a.m. westbound. Improved midday service between Metrotown and Dunbar Loop. Improved weekday afternoon peak service. Additional Saturday early-evening trips.

84 UBC / VCC-Clark Station

Improved (every 10 - 12 minutes) service during weekday morning and afternoon rush periods

100 Airport Station / 22nd Street Station

Improved (every 15 minutes) service during midday and evening until 7:00 p.m.

135 Burrard Station / SFU

Late evening trips from Burrard Station that terminated at Kootenay Loop will now extend to SFU

145 SFU / Production Station

Additional service during weekday morning and afternoon rush periods; improved weekday early-evening southbound service; improved early-morning southbound service

311 Vancouver / Scottsdale

15-minute service now begins earlier in afternoon

410 22nd Street Station / Railway

Westbound morning service begins earlier

480 UBC / Richmond

Improved (12-minute) service weekdays 7 - 10 a.m.; improved (15-minute) service weekday afternoons 3-6 p.m.; improved (20-minute) midday service

488 Burrard Station / Garden City

492 Burrard Station / Two Road

Service improvements during the morning rush period

C21 Yaletown / Beach / Burrard Station

C23 Main Street Station / Davie

These two existing Community Shuttle routes in Vancouver's West End & Downtown will now be extended to Main Street SkyTrain Station

N17 UBC / Downtown

Additional late-night trip from Broadway/Granville to UBC, Monday to Saturday

N19 Surrey Central Station / Downtown

New eastbound trip from New Westminster Station to fill gap on Sundays & holidays

Surrey, White Rock, Langley and Delta

Links provided for each route will display schedules effective September 4th, 2006.

311 Vancouver / Scottsdale

15-minute service now begins earlier in the afternoon

501 Surrey Central Station / Langley Centre / Langley South / Langley

Improved service weekdays 3-6 p.m. between Surrey Central Station and Walnut Grove in both directions

C74 Fraser Heights / Guildford / Surrey Central Station

More frequent (12-minute) service, weekdays from 6-8 a.m.

C84 English Bluff / South Delta Exchange

C89 Boundary Bay / South Delta Exchange

Two new Community Shuttle routes, providing hourly service seven days a week in the Tsawwassen area

N19 Surrey Central Station / Downtown

New eastbound trip from New Westminster Station to fill gap on Sundays & holidays

Richmond

100 Airport Station / 22nd Street Station

Improved (every 15 minutes) service during midday and evening until 7:00 p.m.

410 22nd Street Station / Railway

Westbound morning service begins earlier

480 UBC / Richmond

Improved (12-minute) service weekdays 7-10 a.m.; improved (15-minute) service weekday afternoons 3-6 p.m.; improved (20-minute) midday service

488 Burrard Station / Garden City

492 Burrard Station / Two Road

Service improvements during the morning rush period

C92 Sea Island South / Airport Station

Afternoon trips that used to route through Cowley Crescent twice will now route through Cowley only on the eastbound return trip to Airport Station

North Shore

230 Upper Lonsdale / Lonsdale Quay

Additional trips will be added during the midday period on Sundays and holidays between Lonsdale Quay and Lonsdale & 23rd. These extra trips, formerly during the summer only, will now run year-round

236 Pemberton Heights / Grouse Mountain / Lonsdale Quay

Improved rush-hour service to Harbourside industrial area beginning Labour Day; improved (15-minute) service between Lonsdale Quay and Grouse Mountain, formerly a seasonal improvement, will now be in place year-round

239 Park Royal / Phibbs Exchange / Capilano College

5:35 p.m. direct trip from Capilano College to Lonsdale Quay; no Phibbs Exchange transfer required

Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows

C47 Alouette / Port Haney Station / Haney Place

During afternoon peak hours, the C47 will travel to Port Haney Station prior to heading to 128th Avenue at 232nd Street, allowing customers from West Coast Express to travel directly to the Alouette area

Vancity U-Pass Services

25 Brentwood Station / UBC

Improved midday service Monday - Friday

41 Joyce Station / Crown or UBC

Improved midday service Monday - Friday

49 Metrotown Station / Dunbar Loop or UBC

Improved service weekdays between 7:00 and 10:00 a.m. eastbound and 8:30 and 10:00 a.m. westbound. Improved midday service between Metrotown and Dunbar Loop. Improved weekday afternoon peak service. Additional Saturday early-evening trips

84 UBC / VCC-Clark Station

Improved (every 10-12 minutes) service during weekday morning and afternoon rush periods

135 Burrard Station / SFU

Late evening trips from Burrard Station that terminated at Kootenay Loop will now extend to SFU

145 SFU / Production Way Station

Additional service during weekday morning and afternoon rush periods; improved weekday early-evening southbound service; improved early-morning southbound service

480 UBC / Richmond

Improved (12-minute) service weekdays 7-10 a.m.; improved (15-minute) service weekday afternoons 3-6 p.m.; improved (20-minute) midday service

C20 Marine Drive via Totem Park / UBC Loop via Marine Drive

New Community Shuttle route, operating every 30 minutes along Wesbrook Mall and the west side of the UBC lands

C22 Hampton Place / UBC Loop via Fairview/Acadia

New Community Shuttle route, operating every 30 minutes, serving Hampton Place, Fairview and Acadia neighbourhoods on the UBC campus

N17 UBC / Downtown

Additional late-night trip from Broadway/Granville to UBC, Monday to Saturday