Could It Be?

I was on the Vancouver 2010 website, and I was looking at the "Winter Sports" part, and I found these:

ASO.gif

BI.gif

BO.gif

CCS.gif

CU.gif

FR.gif

FS.gif

IH.gif

LU.gif

NC.gif

Could these possibly be the pictograms that will be used for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics?

These have been on the site since the redesign earlier in the year. They are not official.

There is another look out there, but I can't post it (stupid flash website

go to www.karacters.com

click portfolio

click brand identity + retail

scroll over the boxes

click vancouver 2010

then click the image on the bottom left (athletes)

Don't think those are official either.

Id hate to ruin the chance of these being the real 2010 Pictograms, but I belive they where used for a past Olympic, because I rember some of those pictograms in the Torino 2006 Bid Book, when I looked through it.

Id hate to ruin the chance of these being the real 2010 Pictograms, but I belive they where used for a past Olympic, because I rember some of those pictograms in the Torino 2006 Bid Book, when I looked through it.

Well maybe there like the general pictiogrames that all the candidates who have no pictograms use.

That would be impossible because a Vancouver design firm created them. Either that or they copied.

I think Ryan is right. They are just composites of past official pictograms...I see hints of Nagano and Albertville in there.

I've never seen the Ablbertville pictograms. Can you find a pic?

Compare:

Albertville 1992 Pictogram Pins

Alpine

91_21_pic_r.jpg

Freestyle

91_16_pic_r.jpg

Vancouver 2010 Website Sport Icons

Alpine

ASO.gif

Freestyle

FR.gif

Wow! they do look exacley alike! Maybe they just took those cuz the look kool, so they took them, changed the color, and called them there own, I WIN!

It's not that different though. Usually it's just a different spin on the same thing, and they give it a proper title. Torino's initial corporate identity was very much similar to the full-fledged Piazza theme unveiled in 2005. Add a few arch-type-things and more intense colouring and you've got Piazza!