New Sports?

taichi

I don't know if this was posted yet but here's a letter sent to Jacques Rogge from the COC concerning women's ski jumping. The letter was sent in November:

http://www.skijumpingcanada.com/COC_Letter...ident_Rogge.PDF

For more info:

http://www.skijumpingcanada.com/

I don't know if this was posted yet but here's a letter sent to Jacques Rogge from the COC concerning women's ski jumping. The letter was sent in November:

http://www.skijumpingcanada.com/COC_Letter...ident_Rogge.PDF

For more info:

http://www.skijumpingcanada.com/

Don't think so. Unfortunately, the decision has been made, despite that letter. Hence, the decision about putting a human rights case about the issue was underway.

I honestly don't think its a big problem to add these events to Vancouver 2010. If they are planning for its addition to the 2014 games, it's bound to happen eventually. These Canadian women want to have the chance to actually compete in an Olympics in their home country so I fully understand why they are so upset with being excluded for 2010. I say just add it to the 2010 schedule.

I honestly don't think its a big problem to add these events to Vancouver 2010. If they are planning for its addition to the 2014 games, it's bound to happen eventually. These Canadian women want to have the chance to actually compete in an Olympics in their home country so I fully understand why they are so upset with being excluded for 2010. I say just add it to the 2010 schedule.

I agree. At least the facilities will get more use out of them.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. At least the facilities will get more use out of them.

Just as long as it is not used for something as wacky as what I saw just now.

Imagine this scenario.

1. You look like an ice hockey player.

2. A bobsleigh/luge artificial track.

And, what do you get? Don't ask me because I do not know who came up with the idea, apart from a few laughs and the like. I saw this on my BBC satellite channel's short sports program. It shows guys going down a bobsleigh/luge track wearing ice hockey skates, with their gear on. Also, I don't know which track they used for their "stunt", but it looked like the Salt Lake City one. I will have to correct this post, if I'm wrong, by adding to it here later.

Just as long as it is not used for something as wacky as what I saw just now.

Imagine this scenario.

1. You look like an ice hockey player.

2. A bobsleigh/luge artificial track.

And, what do you get? Don't ask me because I do not know who came up with the idea, apart from a few laughs and the like. I saw this on my BBC satellite channel's short sports program. It shows guys going down a bobsleigh/luge track wearing ice hockey skates, with their gear on. Also, I don't know which track they used for their "stunt", but it looked like the Salt Lake City one. I will have to correct this post, if I'm wrong, by adding to it here later.

For a second there I thought you were going to say it was the guys from Top Gear that launched the Austin Mini from the ski jump in Lillehammer. See, if the ski jumps were permanent, the Top Gear guys could come back after 2010 and launch a Mini off the jumps. That's what I call 2010 legacy! :lol::blink::o:D

For a second there I thought you were going to say it was the guys from Top Gear that launched the Austin Mini from the ski jump in Lillehammer. See, if the ski jumps were permanent, the Top Gear guys could come back after 2010 and launch a Mini off the jumps. That's what I call 2010 legacy! :lol::blink::o:D

I must have missed that episode. I did hear about that, but did those guys really did it?? :o :o :o

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that Vancouver 2010 could lose an event, if the FIS does drop the Super-G alpine event from the World Cup scene. In a replacement, it wants a super-combi event. That means that it will be one technical and one speed event combined into an overall one. What do you guys think?

Link: CBC: World Cup Skiing May Lose Super-G

It seems that Vancouver 2010 could lose an event, if the FIS does drop the Super-G alpine event from the World Cup scene. In a replacement, it wants a super-combi event. That means that it will be one technical and one speed event combined into an overall one. What do you guys think?

Link: CBC: World Cup Skiing May Lose Super-G

I think that is a stupid idea if FIS turf's the super g. Super G is very unique speed event where you don't have any training runs, just a short inspection. It is very unpredictable and exciting race. If FIS mandate is to cut event due to scheduling, then the super-combi should be the one to go!

I hope the skiiers protest this proposal albiet the likes of Erik Guay, Herman Meier, Renate Goeschl, Anja Persson and Arne Svindal are are against this proposal to remove Super G.

I also believe that if any of the FIS' events should be scraped, its the Super Combi. Super G is the most exiting Skiing event IMO.