Vancouver 2010 at Torino 2006 Closing Ceremony

or arcade fire, the stars, hot hot heat, alexis on fire, our lady peace, ect. ect. none of these are really INTERNATIONAL hits though. hey, i look at it the same way bob geldof looked at live 8, we want to sell tickets. who cares that 50 cent raps about his bitches and coke, more than the starving kids in africa, he is popular...

same with avril.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think Izzy has more in common with Ilanaaq than Avrilinaaq.  Both got roasted almost as soon as they appeared where as the Sk8er grrl from Napanee got a lot of good reviews when she first appeared.

OK, someone needs to put a tie, wrist bands and straight long hair on Ilanaaq.

I'm sure Avril will be fine. As long as somebody tells her to not call people posers openly and behave.

I predict a whole new product line to internationally support Vancouver's WOG based on baron's alternate enunciation of the city:

Vanc-loofah! Bath products GALORE!

So Atlanta missed out by not sending New Kids on the Block to the Barcelona closing in 1992.

well, Zits-u-know-who made his world debut instead!  Kinda equals Avril's upcoming gig for Vankoofuh.

Baron, it will be interesting on how Rogge will say "Vancouver" in his Torino 2006 closing ceremony speech. Some of us did made fun of his accent then, when he announced the city as the winner back in July 2003.

or arcade fire, the stars, hot hot heat, alexis on fire, our lady peace, ect. ect. none of these are really INTERNATIONAL hits though. hey, i look at it the same way bob geldof looked at live 8, we want to sell tickets. who cares that 50 cent raps about his bitches and coke, more than the starving kids in africa, he is popular...

same with avril.

Dallas Green from Alexisonfire would have been good

So Atlanta missed out by not sending New Kids on the Block to the Barcelona closing in 1992.

well, Zits-u-know-who made his world debut instead!  Kinda equals Avril's upcoming gig for Vankoofuh.

Baron, it will be interesting on how Rogge will say "Vancouver" in his Torino 2006 closing ceremony speech. Some of us did made fun of his accent then, when he announced the city as the winner back in July 2003.

Are accent not acceptable anymore?  :rock:

He's Belgian. Give him a break.

Are accent not acceptable anymore?  :rock:

He's Belgian. Give him a break.

Hey. I didn't mind it.

Don't ask me, Kendegra. I was offended by some of us here commenting on Rogge's accent then in 2003. Like, so what? Anyway, it was his first host-city announcement regarding the Olympic Games to the general public.

But, now to think about it, no one said anything bad about his speeches at SLC 2002, which were his first ones as IOC president. His take on the Greek language for Athens 2004 was marvelous. It will be no different, when he starts talking some sentences in Italian for Torino 2006.

........what else is new......... I thought avril was going to perform anyways and she is a great choice. I think Canada will be well represented.

pppfftt!!!!

I would agree, but wo else is there that isn't a tired old cliche celebrity of yesteryear?  :P