Games To Budapest

szaasz

Hungarian economy, together with a group of a hundred successful managing directors, media experts, well-known public figures and famous sportsmen, founded the expressly non-political and non-profit civic organisation under the name “BOM” on November 24, 2005.

BOM joins together respected forces who are convinced that the Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games being staged in Hungary would be extremely beneficial to the development and international respect of both the country and the capital, as well as to the lives of the people living there.

konf021_0.jpg

It would be nice to see Budapest host the games someday. I think we need newer cities to bid, and they've never bid, or not to my knowlage at least, so I saw that should go for it!

They did bid in the very early days _ 1916 or 1920 I think.

Budapest is always my favourite for an Eastern Europe hosting _ Hungary has a fantastic Olympic history/tradition which makes them more than worthy hosts in my book.

They did bid in the very early days _ 1916 or 1920 I think.

Budapest is always my favourite for an Eastern Europe hosting _ Hungary has a fantastic Olympic history/tradition which makes them more than worthy hosts in my book.

yeah Budapest bid in 1916 and 1920 - then again in 1936, 1940 and 1944 - and for the last time in 1960...

It was even the favourite for 1920 but than Coubertin wanted that a country hosts, which was occupied by the German Empire in WWI

Greece

Population - 10.6 million

GDP Purchasing Power - 238.2 billion

Per Capita Purchasing Power - 22,300

Hungary

Population - 9.9million

GDP Purchasing Power - 163.1 billion

Per Capita Purchasing Power - 16,300

If Greece, which is a comparible country to Hungary, though better off, had trouble hosting an Olympic Games because of hotels, construction, labour force, money, debt, security et al, its extremely logical that Hungary and Budapest would have the exact same problems, without the easy fix of cruise ships for beds. Its a pipe dream, pure and simple. Hungary's national budget is smaller then that for the Beijing games.

Countries that can host a games are very select, and the list is small

China

USA

Russia

Japan

Germany

Turkey

France

UK

Italy

Korea

Spain

Canada

Australia

are the only ones that can host as of know without a major impact on their country.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived