Own the Podium

mr.x

Ooh. I love it.

Since this is strictly dealing with Canada/Canadians as a whole, the maple leaves are very appropriate and obvious.

The shading has been done very well too. I've seen some gold/silver/bronze logos that either wash the gold or silver out too much.

I like the logo. And, speaking of Dr. Jackson, he is really busy lately. However, he has great credentials behind his name, when it comes to the Olympic Games.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if this is either a blessing or a curse. To me, it seems to be a combination of both possibilities. Dr. Roger Jackson, the man presently running the "Own The Podium" program, has been reported to say that "possible Olympic medalists and/or their sports in 2010" will get "more funding." Tell me, doesn't that remind you a little about how Canadian athletes that tried to qualify for Athens 2004 went through and how they didn't like that at all? Look what happened to that scheme, with the resulting Athens 2004 medals tally. Also, are not some Canadian winter athletes already under pressure RIGHT NOW to perform at Vancouver 2010? I respect this guy, but that is a minefield he must tread carefully. I hope that Canada's record on home-soil Olympic Games is not still the main reason for this turn of events.

Link: CBC: Head Of OWN THE PODIUM Says This Winter Is Critical For 2010 Athletes