Beijing 2008 Opening Ceremony

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this year will be the new 7 wonders official declaration...Anyone have information about the ceremony?

Look at the other threads here. Marcos, generally, info about the Ceremonies begin to leak out once they have dress rehearsals or the sort, because that's when some visuals can be produced. Otherwise, most of the content is a closely guarded secret. But look at the other Ceremonies threads here. You HAVE to do a little reserach on your own.

Also, the 7 Wonders thing has NOTHING to do with what will happen in Beijing in AUugst '08.

I know that new7wonders have nothing about Beijing 2008,but I was looking around about information about ceremonies and I thought that people who are talking about Beijing 2008 opening ceremony could know something about that....But donĀ“t worry I will put this subject in another topic.....

• 6 months later...

Does anyona have some new information about the BEIJING 2008 Ceremonies?

We are less than one year left and there's little or nothing information about it. I know the Ceremonies are, always, a sort of State Secrecy as happened in Sydney, Athens and lately in Torino and Rio de Janeiro.

I think they'll surprised us and the ceremonies are expected to be the best ever held in Olympic History. Otherwise, Barcelona and Sydney ceremonies wil remain as the best ones.

1193006419_f.jpg

I wouldn't consider it too much ''State secret''. Three months before Torino OC, details of the ceremony were already unveiled (the stage and cauldron) and weeks before a lot of details of the performers and even the placard girls (and no, it wasn't fan pictures, they were released by italian newspapers)

Doha didn't unveiled much spoilers (just one day before at the Skyscrapercity qatari forums, from guys who took pictures of the rehearsal), and at the end, it surprised the great part of us.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they will perform a storyline like the famous tales of Journey to The West, which i refer to this monkey's journey, Sun Wukong, and its colleagues, consists of a pig, and some others animals, to the West in search of a something i already forgot too... hehehe..

But this can be a good story too... this monkey is really interesting character or cast to watch. I watched a series about this story and it was hillarious.

I think they will perform a storyline like the famous tales of Journey to The West, which i refer to this monkey's journey, Sun Wukong, and its colleagues, consists of a pig, and some others animals, to the West in search of a something i already forgot too... hehehe..

But this can be a good story too... this monkey is really interesting character or cast to watch. I watched a series about this story and it was hillarious.

No. It's not something soo obvious. Like people here guessing that the Spice Girls will be the main talent behind the London handover segment next year.

I know becuz I've been told there will be a storyline but it's something tied to China being the center of all things and China being what it is today because they pulled from their inner soul (whatever that is :rolleyes: ) and did not look west. Again, as I said, watch out for the motif of "5s" in the OC. It will play an important part.

Well, putting on scene famous national legends or stories on opening ceremonies is nothing very new, and it's becoming a cliche . Like the legend of the discovering of Barcelona on the 1992 OC or the Arabian Nights (which was the main theme of Doha 2006 Closing Ceremony). Also, the Bangkok 98 Asiad OC was based on the Ramayana myth (which also contains an antromorphic monkey, Hanuman, as a main character).

The Journey to the West is probably the most famous tale of China, but i think they would prefer to talk more about the east and about the history and heritage of China, instead of just a tale (and knowing Zhang Yimou, the martial artists will not be excluded on this show for sure).