Delhi 2010

Look whos talking. I started provoking people ? If your fellow countrymen didn't started flaming and appearing with your disgusting nationalist and arrogant behavior, I wouldn't even had bothered to post that.

c'mon, if anybody from India says something wrong according to you, then you would label all Indian as wrong? And you would start posting bullsh** about India coz you are unhappy from a couple of Indians? Even if you think my fellow countrymen have said something wrong then say this sh** to them and not to whole of the country. At least realize that whatever you are writing is being read by thousands. If you haven't realized why I am saying this then you need to re-read your disgusting remarks for India/Indians. This is not a slang match dear. You got to control your anger/sentiments.

Hmmmmm. Up until the recent influx, most of what was posted here was staight new articles about the preparations. But it seems that was even classed as provocation - we were accused of only dwelling on the negatives.

But there's a double standard at work. Last week,for example, before any mention here, I came across the mosquitos story. I thought about posting it but decided against it - I was sure by doing so I'd be accused of insulting India. Yet, lo and behold, yashchauhan ended up posting the story. And no complaints from our new members. I still think, though, If I as an Aussie had posted the same story, it would have been a vastly different reception.

If I was going to name names, Adam is pretty thin skinned. As I said, for a while I've stuck to posting relevant stories about preparations here, trying mostly to use local souces as far as possible (Times of India) but western media as well (BBC, ABC) at times. Yet even posting Indian-sourceed news stories, Adam will say: "You don't know the full story, you don't know the facts. you can't comment until the full facts are known".

Edited by Sir Roltel

Hmmmmm. Up until the recent influx, most of what was posted here was staight new articles about the preparations. But it seems that was even classed as provocation - we were accused of only dwelling on the negatives.

But there's a double standard at work. Last week,for example, before any mention here, I came across the mosquitos story. I thought about posting it but decided against it - I was sure by doing so I'd be accused of insulting India. Yet, lo and behold, yashchauhan ended up posting the story. And no complaints from our new members. I still think, though, If I as an Aussie had posted the same story, it would have been a vastly different reception.

If I was going to name names, Adam is pretty thin skinned. As I said, for a while I've stuck to posting relevant stories about preparations here, trying mostly to use local souces as far as possible (Times of India) but western media as well (BBC, ABC) at times. Yet even posting Indian-sourceed news stories, Adam will say: "You don't know the full story, you don't know the facts. you can't comment until the full facts are known".

I agree that if you post a negative news it would be taken in a different light compared to an Indian posting the same (BTW I myself posted that news in SSC). But the reason for this kind of thinking is that some people here are too negative. It seems that they are not unhappy with the games progress but with the fact "why the hell India got the games". It does not applies to all but to a few people. If some of the foreigners say very negative things, we get an impression that every foreigner thinks same. Same thing happened with NYC. He was not happy with few of the Indians here so he abused whole of India thinking that every Indian is like that only. This is a human tendency and you cannot blame it. But you can still cope with it by avoiding anything which can cause trouble, as you said that you didn't posted that news coz it will create trouble. I appreciate your good behaviour, though I personally believe that such kind of news won't create trouble. You should not worry about posting such kind of things, esp. those from Indian media coz it will be least unbiased against India. Ultimately it boils down to how you present yourself on an international public forum. Being an Indian, I will be a lot more critical about something in an Indian thread but if I am not happy with, say London Olympics, I will be moderate in posting a negative remark, and certainly I would never abuse whole of UK if some of them are not happy with my remarks.

Go then, I already enough of your sappy countrymen flooding my country with your so called "foreign talent". I really enjoy being deprived of a place in an elite school at the expense of some bloody loser from India or China. I enjoy smelling that disgusting floral sense you eejits seem to carry all the time and I certainly enjoy having your countrymen flooding my crime with crime. <_<

If you actually think everyone in the world is eating out the palm of your hand just because you saps have a developing economy, you obiviously need a reality check. Only a sap like Singapore Government, with a faltering birth rate would be naive enough to believe eejits are considered "foreign talent".

the girl is in her orgasm this time..........orgasm of national hatred and envy and frustration.......

40883861.jpg

+

India seeks UK help for foolproof security

Security of nearly 8,000 athletes who will be here for the Commonwealth Games 2010 is a primary concern for the authorities making preparations for the mega sporting event being hosted by India.

New Delhi has sought the assistance of Britain and other major world powers in sharing their experiences with India for providing foolproof security to the athletes.

According to high-placed sources, India and Britain are discussing security preparedness of the Indian agencies in eliminating any possible terrorist threat during the games. Particular emphasis was being laid on ensuring security of the mass rapid transit system (MRTS), particularly the metro rail service.

The counter-terrorism cooperation between the two countries figured prominently in discussions between British Metropolitan Commissioner Paul Stephenson and his Indian interlocutors during his stay in Mumbai and Delhi. Stephenson had yesterday met Delhi Police Commissioner YS Dadwal.

The sources said Britain was sharing with India the security measures it had put in place after the audacious 2005 tube train terrorist attacks in London in July 2005. London also wanted to know from India the measures that it was taking for the safety of the athletes. Britain will be sending a large contingent for the games. Britain also is facing a situation somewhat similar to the challenge that India faces since the 2012 Olympics are to be held in London.

The sources disclosed that during his talks with Indian security experts, Stephenson told them in detail about Britain’s ‘Operation Overt’, a conspiracy to commit mass murder by using improvised explosive devices on transatlantic airliners. It was one of the largest investigations the British authorities had dealt with till date.

Triggered by the arrest of a suspect in Pakistan, the British authorities made 24 arrests in August 2006, 17 of which were charged with a total of 30 offences. Enquiries were undertaken in the US, South Africa, Mauritius and Belgium.

He impressed upon the Indian authorities that good working relationship among international security agencies was now more vital than ever in meeting the threat of terrorism, which was a menace that has now engulfed almost the entire globe.

+

95898300.png

Its cause you hate India Uncle Roltel. Admit it!

i don't think so........he appears to be a great guy here.....don't know about others...but i appreciate his contributions a lot!

and to Indian guys here.........have some patience.......this is not the way.........if some one provokes you....just ignore............or pass a funny comment rather than some strong and poisonous ones!

I shall post what is true....unedited and not at all nationalistic........the both sides of the games.........

Hey guys pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease STOP QUARELLING OUT THERE!!!!!!

And check out these amazing pics of the Queen's baton Relay!

And I must tell (not bcuz I m an Indian - infact anybody will agee) that The Baton for Delhi 2010 is the most beautiful and exquisitely built baton ever in the history of CWG (google the previous batons and you'll agree :) )

Day%2011%20Entry%20into%20Wales%20(1)_0.JPG

Day%2006%20Birmingham%20(4)_0.JPG

Day%2008%20London%20(5).JPG

Day%2011%20Entry%20into%20Wales%20(3).JPG

Day%2017%20-%20Northern%20Ireland%20(5).JPG

Day%2016%20Northern%20Ireland%20(8).JPG

Day%2004%20Sheffield.JPG

A big hello to everyone,

If anyone has felt offended at my remarks, I sincerely apologise for them. I did not mean it the way it sounded and it was more of a rash reaction. I hope that you accept my apology, and take the discussion forward in the true spirit of the games. I welcome you all to visit Delhi during the games. This is something which should bring people together and not bring out their differences. Once again, I would like to say sorry, hoping that particular episode will be forgiven and forgotten.

Sincerely,

adam

And this is how the Melbourne 2006 baton looked like.........a little weird (and I m not being racist........)

00000044-image.jpg

The Vancouver Torch looks very much like the Melbourne Baton... the design is very similar. :blink:

By the way, the Indian Baton is really a beauty. I love the colors.

Kuala Lumpur:

00000041-image.jpg

Actually, I like it the best so far I think. It's made of silver and gold. I'm guessing, but I think it may have been the last of the old style before they all started incorporating electronic beepers and GPS and gimmicks like that.

And for comparison, Manchester's:

batonpic.jpg

ALL right FOLKS so i gotta answer that the way u ppl will "understand"

the Melbourne baton was like a "cheap chinese toothbrush handle that looked as if it gets bent wherever u touch it...."

and the Manchester baton was like an ugly condom on top of a huge.......u know what!!! :P

and as far as the KL baton is concerned - well is was good ~ reflecting there tradition!

And now about the baton for DELHI 2010 (especially for some dumb heads who cant distinguish between the CULTURE of world's oldest civilization to some cannibal stone age tribe far in the south)

HERE'S THE ANSWER: (and the baton reflects our true culture and Indian spirit of "unity in diversity" as well as our fondness with our roots)

he Queen`s Baton 2010 Delhi is a combination of handcrafted excellence and precision engineering, it is a true symbol of India: its ancient roots and present vibrant, modern identity. It is also representative of India’s diversity – the baton’s colour scheme showcases ‘soils’ from every corner of the country, a rich palette ranging from white sands to yellow clay, deep reds to dark browns and an array of other hues.

The shape and design of the baton has been created using a triangular section of aluminium which is twisted in the form of a helix and coated with soil in a graduating pattern. Interweaving of the intricate hand layered soil pattern creates a very distinctive design, form and texture never before seen in the styling of a Queen’s Baton. Culminating at the pinnacle of the Queen’s Baton 2010 Delhi is a precious jewellery box containing the Queen’s ‘message to the athletes’.

The Queen’s message has been symbolically engraved onto a miniature 18 carat gold leaf, representative of the ancient Indian `pathras`. The gold leaf inscription reflects the essence and the richness of culture in ancient India. Modern laser technology known as micro calligraphy has been used for the first time to reproduce the Queen’s message in this style. The Queen`s Baton 2010 Delhi stands at 664 millimetres high is 34 millimetres wide at the base, and 86 millimetres wide at the top and weighs a mere 1,900 grams.

The baton’s ergonomic contours allow for convenient holding and good balance. The Queen’s Baton 2010 Delhi technology features include:

* The ability to capture images and sound as it travels throughout all nations of the Commonwealth;

* The latest global positioning system (GPS) technology through which the exact location of the baton can be tracked on the XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi website;

* Embedded light emitting diodes (LEDs) which will change into the colours of a country’s flag whilst in that country; and

* Text messaging capability so that anyone anywhere can send their messages of congratulations and encouragement to the Batonbearers throughout the Queen`s Baton Relay 2010 Delhi. The Queen`s Baton 2010 Delhi is created using processes and technologies existing in India by Foley Design in partnership with Titan Industries and a technology consortium led by Bharat Electronics Limited.

And now about the baton for DELHI 2010 (especially for some dumb heads who cant distinguish between the CULTURE of world's oldest civilization to some cannibal stone age tribe far in the south)

You seem very nationalistic - but in a very condescending way. It's as if anyone critiquing India (with just cause) annoys you.

Oh, and India is NOT the world's oldest civilisation. The 'cradle of civilisation' traces back to ancient Mesopotamia and that relates to the areas of modern day Iran. Sorry to shatter your claim!