Delhi 2010

I think this forum is full of dimwits and I guess I've been talking to the wrong people. I'm withdrawing from here, no point in spending my energy and time to cater to their false egos. Well, from now on, you'll have to dig up information about the CWG on your own or someone else can, because I'm leaving. Good bye!

I think this forum is full of dimwits and I guess I've been talking to the wrong people. I'm withdrawing from here, no point in spending my energy and time to cater to their false egos. Well, from now on, you'll have to dig up information about the CWG on your own or someone else can, because I'm leaving. Good bye!

Such a shame. Forums are for all persons to place their own opinon right or wrong and then have the opportunity to debate.

Posting only the postive is a form of propaganda that is not taken too well unless you are, well in China.

hey...don;t do this dude..these people are just dogs barking..ignore them..i m listening you..!!!!!!!

Oh, please don't leave! Because we're dimwits who don't know how to search for CWG-related stuff on the internet. I can has no Google skillz. :(

Commonwealth Games an opportunity to present India as a unique tourism destination: Selja

► Retweet

by ANI on November 12, 2009

central-park-connaught-place-new-delhi-786166.jpg

Source: Commonwealth Games an opportunity to present India as a unique tourism destination: Selja

London, Nov 12 (ANI): Union Tourism Minister Kumari Selja said on Thursday that the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Delhi provides an opportunity to India to emerge as a unique and hospitable tourism destination.

Addressing the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) summit here, Selja said: “The Commonwealth Games have given an opportunity for showcasing India as a unique and hospitable tourism destination. It is expected that a large number of tourists would visit the country next year, bringing back the buoyancy in the sector.”

She said, her ministry has been working towards developing adequate accommodation, sprucing up the tourism infrastructure and enhancing the quality of hospitality related services to make the visit a truly pleasurable and enriching experience for visitors during and after the CWG-2010.

“The goodwill generated through the successful organization of this mega sporting event would enable a sustainable growth of tourism sector,” Selja added.

The minister expressed concern about the recession’s cascading effect on the tourism sector. She also highlighted major initiatives undertaken by India to meet these challenges.

Selja said promotional efforts in key source markets have been enhanced through important global events, road shows and outdoor advertising [^] campaigns.

“India is also making conscious efforts to develop emerging short and medium haul markets and for this, development and promotion of the Buddhist circuits is carried out,” she said. (ANI)

Source: Commonwealth Games an opportunity to present India as a unique tourism destination: Selja

Go then, I already enough of your sappy countrymen flooding my country with your so called "foreign talent". I really enjoy being deprived of a place in an elite school at the expense of some bloody loser from India or China. I enjoy smelling that disgusting floral sense you eejits seem to carry all the time and I certainly enjoy having your countrymen flooding my crime with crime. <_<

If you actually think everyone in the world is eating out the palm of your hand just because you saps have a developing economy, you obiviously need a reality check. Only a sap like Singapore Government, with a faltering birth rate would be naive enough to believe eejits are considered "foreign talent".

Go then, I already enough of your sappy countrymen flooding my country with your so called "foreign talent". I really enjoy being deprived of a place in an elite school at the expense of some bloody loser from India or China. I enjoy smelling that disgusting floral sense you eejits seem to carry all the time and I certainly enjoy having your countrymen flooding my crime with crime. <_<

If you actually think everyone in the world is eating out the palm of your hand just because you saps have a developing economy, you obiviously need a reality check. Only a sap like Singapore Government, with a faltering birth rate would be naive enough to believe eejits are considered "foreign talent".

That's the height of sickness. I understand why you are jealous of India and China coz you know that by 2050 both of these would have overtaken US in GDP. Then you will be sending your "foreign talent" to these to countries coz your country is already a sick, old and faltering economy and current recession has unmasked it.

Good luck for your kids.

The ticketing program was launched yesterday

The sports tickets are really cheap and affordable - I only hope Swimming is easy to get at $30 a ticket

But Opening and Closing at over US$1200? What are they thinking? These ceremony prices are crazy

See TICKETS

Also all the seating plans are up. I saw these in one of the documents handed out by Delhi, but it was not confirmed, looks like the seating has now been confirmed.

So on these prices, who is going? I think if they get their act together in the next 4-6 weeks I will then make up my mind.

Funny thing how outraged how some of you guys get once Jim Jones starts speaking about the developed countries, and then you start trying to belittle India in this thread. I've never got through one of his posts because he doesn't use commas, but I bet most of the facts stated by him are actually true. So it's not a matter of accuracy, but rather the way information is told. And I've seen a lot of disrespect towards India in the previous pages, by A LOT of people.

I know 90% of the posts are just expressions of concern towards India's preparations to the CWG, but the other 10% can be really offensive to those that are out of the American-British-Australian-Mo click that seems to rule this forum and decide what's offensive and what's not.

That's the height of sickness. I understand why you are jealous of India and China coz you know that by 2050 both of these would have overtaken US in GDP. Then you will be sending your "foreign talent" to these to countries coz your country is already a sick, old and faltering economy and current recession has unmasked it.

Good luck for your kids.

Jealous ? Apparently you Indians think too highly of yourself. Neither are you people exactly aware of the world around you. Do yourself a favour and read up a little on World Affairs.

I am sure everyone here is just as enthusiastic as the next Indian. If you people want to come here and promote your country's hosting and preparation, by all means do.

But please don't bring along your disgusting nationalist attitude and act as if everyone here owes you something. I don't think you people were given the right to flame every comment just because it puts your country in a bad light... if you can't take any negative comments or criticism then why bother coming here in the first place ? We are not oblige to hide our concerns and criticism, you know.

Jealous ? Apparently you Indians think too highly of yourself. Neither are you people exactly aware of the world around you. Do yourself a favour and read up a little on World Affairs.

I am sure everyone here is just as enthusiastic as the next Indian. If you people want to come here and promote your country's hosting and preparation, by all means do.

But please don't bring along your disgusting nationalist attitude and act as if everyone here owes you something. I don't think you people were given the right to flame every comment just because it puts your country in a bad light... if you can't take any negative comments or criticism then why bother coming here in the first place ? We are not oblige to hide our concerns and criticism, you know.

Criticism is always welcome but unnecessary anti-national remarks are not. Just go back and read your post to see whether it makes any sense in this thread. Does that post talks about 2010 CWG !! You first provoke people and then say they can't bear criticism. And talking about world affairs, I can show you a better picture.

You first provoke people and then say they can't bear criticism. And talking about world affairs, I can show you a better picture.

Look whos talking. I started provoking people ? If your fellow countrymen didn't started flaming and appearing with your disgusting nationalist and arrogant behavior, I wouldn't even had bothered to post that.