Delhi 2010

It's not about being critical - it's about observing just how things are progressing. As many people have alluded to, it's not just about the physical infrastructure - we're mostly sure they will be physically done on time - but it's so many other aspects - including preparing your national team - that these physical construction delays set back on the total timetable. Not to mention the heat that has seemed to have playd out on the political level in India - which seemed to be hampering progress than moving it forward faster.

The good news is it does seem the necessary decisions have been made and a sense of more urgency has come to preparations. Let's just hope it's not too late.

It's a multinational games, so is of interest and concern to many nations - particularly us in the Commonwealth - it's not India's games only for Indians to discuss. I really hope and wish you have a wonderful success - I'd long been excited by the idea of an Indian games.

Yes, the games are for everyone, it's for all the participating teams and everyone should discuss about it. Although I personally feel, the discussion should be factual, not speculative. We should consider things as they are, including the negative things. I think for us to get a real picture of how things might turn up, we will have to wait for the CW committee report in early January. But to express an opinion of which one doesn't have the correct information is merely speculative and it doesn't carry much weight.

It's not about being critical - it's about observing just how things are progressing. As many people have alluded to, it's not just about the physical infrastructure - we're mostly sure they will be physically done on time - but it's so many other aspects - including preparing your national team - that these physical construction delays set back on the total timetable. Not to mention the heat that has seemed to have playd out on the political level in India - which seemed to be hampering progress than moving it forward faster.

The good news is it does seem the necessary decisions have been made and a sense of more urgency has come to preparations. Let's just hope it's not too late.

It's a multinational games, so is of interest and concern to many nations - particularly us in the Commonwealth - it's not India's games only for Indians to discuss. I really hope and wish you have a wonderful success - I'd long been excited by the idea of an Indian games.

Don't worry about our national team though we have almost lost the home advantage with delays in the venues..............but we have a zillion sporting facilities across the country........................as far as the games are concerned............the games are of Commonwealth Nations but we have an added responsibility of being a host...........that puts us in the heavier weight...........if we failed to do so..............whole world will f**k us up to down...................that's what they know to do............there is added anger as we have not employed any major Australian,Canadian or British firm in the games............mostly all the contractors and firms are Indian only..........so you people have doubts on the quality aspect and dissatisfaction as your companies didn't get some dollars..............which is totally unneeded............ I understand your level of excitement and worry..............which is obvious as the games are in a weird and exotic country like India........you expect some belly dancing ,cows and curry in the games.......

Coming to games.............it will not be of sub standard but the best..........and only time will tell.......and the delays( proportional to democracy).......will be met o time................

88734575.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

Haryana Fact File

Haryana (Hindi: हरियाणा, Punjabi: ਹਰਿਆਣਾ, IPA: [hərɪjaːɳaː]) is a state in northern India. It is bordered by Punjab and Himachal Pradesh to the north, and by Rajasthan to the west and south. Eastern border to Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh is defined by river Yamuna. Haryana also surrounds Delhi on three sides, forming the northern, western and southern borders of Delhi. Consequently, a large area of Haryana is included in the National Capital Region. The capital of the state is Chandigarh which is administered as a union territory and is also the capital of Punjab. The name Haryana means "The Abode of God" from Sanskrit Hari (the Hindu God Vishnu) and ayana (home), although it may also refer to the lush green landscape of the state (from Sanskrit harit meaning green).

571px-DLF_Gatweway_Tower.png........Gurgaon the financial capital of Haryana........27 km south of Delhi.

mornihills.jpg..Morni Hills......a major tourist spot.

OgAAAG-Rt53wE2K-9H4GJL5_dCw0DWmsoejkeWt_b_sdCfSwkqts_FXQAIPgByWqkIrTCxydFqMGJ8ahHdBPOjfF4wIAm1T1UJBrMZQtUY949-2P-V7JS5MK1vs5.jpg....Gurgaon will be major supplier of Hotel rooms............so you might end up staying in this city 27 km south of delhi (but right nest to IGI Airport)during 2010 games.........but don't wry.............it will be readily connected to Delhi by the Delhi metro and a bunch of roads and expressways!!!!!!!!

Full name National Stadium

Location Beijing, China

Broke ground 24 December 2003

Opened 28 June 2008

source

Name National Indoor Stadium

Location Olympic Green, Beijing, China

Broke ground May 30, 2005

Opened November, 2007

source

Full name: Beijing National Aquatics Center

City: Beijing, China

Capacity: 17,000

Built: 2004–2007

Opened: Aug 2008

source

These are some of the most prominent venues of the so called GOLDEN STANDARD OLYMPIC GAMES in the history of olympics..................ooooooooooooo......they were so fast that IOC had to intervene to slow them down!

BULLSHIT.........you mouths are shut in front of PRC but wide open when it comes to RoI!

Beijing Construction Applauded

Unlike the 2004 Athens Olympics, venue construction in Beijing has been largely trouble free and praised by the International Olympic Committee. In fact, the IOC stepped in two years ago and told builders to slow down.

ESPN Beijing Olympic Construction

Beijing has been criticized for a seemingly frenetic pace of Olympic construction. Only 10 months ago, the International Olympic Committee urged Beijing to slow down so venues will not be completed too early and run up additional operating expenses.

Boston.com - Olympic Preparations

Three years ago, preparations were so far ahead of schedule that the IOC asked the city to slow down.

Here's an idea - how about gathering your facts before posting rubbish.

When you guys applauded Beijing for finishing Bird's Nest on June 28 2008.........National indoor stadium on Nov 27 2007..........and Water cube on Aug 14 2008......then why the hell are you criticizing us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree beijing did a great job in 2008............and there are delays on our side..............but the delays are no as grave as you people call............

Name JN Stadium

Work Started June 2007

Deadline Dec 2009

Revised(due to the new tunnel between stands for ceremonies) Mar 2010

Name IG Indoor Stadium

Work started May 2007

Deadline(possible) Dec 2009(just one month more than Beijing's)

75% of our project will get finished by Dec 2009 or Jan 2010............20% by Mar 2010.........but one looooop hole.......and i m not ashamed of accepting it............

Name SPM Aquatic Complex

Work Started Nov 2007

Deadline June 2008

Revised Aug 2010........................i hate kalmadi!!!!!

When you guys applauded Beijing for finishing Bird's Nest on June 28 2008.........National indoor stadium on Nov 27 2007..........and Water cube on Aug 14 2008......then why the hell are you criticizing us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree beijing did a great job in 2008............and there are delays on our side..............but the delays are no as grave as you people call............

You have missed the point - all those venues were due for completion in early to mid 2007 - a good 18 months before the Olympics but the IOC told the Chinese to slow down to save them some money.

The issue we have is you have the CGF telling you to hurry up and spend whatever money you have to get it done in time.

You have to realise that this site has people who have worked on bids and been involved with Olympic organising. We have seen this happen in Athens and while the Greeks eventuallly did ok for a long, long time the Athens organisers were being very negatively addressed in the media.

So stop being so reactionary and read what I posted a bit more carefully.

It is not criticism - it is concern.

I am from Melbourne - and while we had an easier preparation period than Delhi is having there were still concerns here about the Athletes Village being ready. We got there - but we also took the criticism as constructive feedback - not as an insult.

Try to be a bit more mature please :)

You have missed the point - all those venues were due for completion in early to mid 2007 - a good 18 months before the Olympics but the IOC told the Chinese to slow down to save them some money.

The issue we have is you have the CGF telling you to hurry up and spend whatever money you have to get it done in time.

You have to realise that this site has people who have worked on bids and been involved with Olympic organising. We have seen this happen in Athens and while the Greeks eventuallly did ok for a long, long time the Athens organisers were being very negatively addressed in the media.

So stop being so reactionary and read what I posted a bit more carefully.

It is not criticism - it is concern.

I am from Melbourne - and while we had an easier preparation period than Delhi is having there were still concerns here about the Athletes Village being ready. We got there - but we also took the criticism as constructive feedback - not as an insult.

Try to be a bit more mature please :)

First i m not taking it as an insult..reality is reality........Delhi is behing the schedule.............an I hav accepted it...........but all I want to say that anything ocnstructive can be done in the ambiance of positivity ,encouragement and hope..............but the western media and commonwealth federation has really beeeeefed up the situation.............look at the language........"Indian cows slowly milking.......games in jeopardy.".......some say..."South Africa .......another India for 2010."............"India-dangerous terrorists and beggars but also the games preparations."..........the media is BIAS.......but hey i don't complain........Delhi is behind but I m SURE that we shall catch thats optimism and faith........not complain or insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well - since Germany doesn't take part at Commonwealth Games I have no real personal interests in the Commonwealth Games - therewith I observe the preparations for Dehli 2010 as somebody only, who was always a fan of Olympic Games in the largest (concerning the number of inhabitants) democracy on earth = India.

I hope Dehli will be able to host the Commonwealth Games next year since I don't want to bury my hopes that it will host Olympic Games sometimes in future - I believe the expression of concern (like our GB members do here in the boards) helps that Dehli is getting on the track again. I am a little bit astonished about the excessively deny by some Indian GB-members that there are any problems in the preparations, since to me the photos, which were posted by NOC, speak volumes...

For me the most important thing is - what happened in Dehli since the CGF meeting there and what will happen in the next four/eight weeks

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

well - since Germany doesn't take part at Commonwealth Games I have no real personal interests in the Commonwealth Games - therewith I observe the preparations for Dehli 2010 as somebody only, who was always a fan of Olympic Games in the largest (concerning the number of inhabitants) democracy on earth = India.

I hope Dehli will be able to host the Commonwealth Games next year since I don't want to bury my hopes that it will host Olympic Games sometimes in future - I believe the expression of concern (like our GB members do here in the boards) helps that Dehli is getting on the track again. I am a little bit astonished about the excessively deny by some Indian GB-members that there are any problems in the preparations, since to me the photos, which were posted by NOC, speak volumes...

For me the most important thing is - what happened in Dehli since the CGF meeting there and what will happen in the next four/eight weeks

Ich hoffe auch, dass die Commonwealth Games richtig laufen. Ich glaube, die meisten Leute hier haben keine Ahnung von den Vorbereitungen. Wenn man die Fakten nicht kennt u. trotzdem eine Meinung als Fakte praesentiert, dann muss man ueber den Motiv von solchen Forum members nachdenken.

mfG,

adam

Indian bananas are huge............they can tear you off........be straight on your points!!!!!!!!!!

Don't take Mo that much seriously, just keep doing your job. You have been doing great work, so try to avoid spoiling your image even if you think the other person is wrong. :)

Why should he go back? He is doing a good job here. If you have any problem with his comments, you can simply ignore instead of asking him to leave.

Yes, I appreciate the updates. This is a good informational thread, which is why it annoys me to read posts that are full of bickering, taunting, and emotional outbursts.

Obviously I'm not the only one who's irritated. It's hard not to be defensive when you're being criticized, but the responses tend to go overboard. It's bad enough that they're hard to read with all those ellipses and font-plays. What's worse is the unnecessary foul language. Yeah call me prissy, but there's no need for that here.

I've been trying to get info about the :Look" of the games. These seem to be the symbols featured on the Delhi website. Is there any specific meaning to the symbol being used?

CWG_Left_Bottom.jpg

It looks like mairgold flower with green bach ground of their leaves and shoot............marigold is a very hindu and a ver Indian flower.......it is very auspicious here........the symmetry also goes with it!!!!!!

marigold.jpg

marigold.jpg

Yes, I appreciate the updates. This is a good informational thread, which is why it annoys me to read posts that are full of bickering, taunting, and emotional outbursts.

Obviously I'm not the only one who's irritated. It's hard not to be defensive when you're being criticized, but the responses tend to go overboard. It's bad enough that they're hard to read with all those ellipses and font-plays. What's worse is the unnecessary foul language. Yeah call me prissy, but there's no need for that here.

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind............ignore me if u can..........u sound decent enough to do so!!!!!!!!!!

Birmingham to strengthen India links through CWG 2010

Realising the enormous business potentials of Commonwealth Games 2010 in Delhi, Birmingham City is keen to further the trade ties with India through the mega-sporting event.

During the reception of Queen's Baton relay at Commonwealth Business Club India (CBCI) in Birmingham last evening, City Council leader Mike Whitby said, "The CBCI launch underpins the strong economic relationship between Birmingham and India. We are keen to further establish our strong business link through the Commonwealth Games."

"As a global city with a local heart, we are committed to fostering trade with India and today's event will help build more bridges to deliver that," he said. In a message, CBCI Chairman and Organising Committee chairman, Suresh Kalmadi said the Queen's Baton Relay 2010 would help to showcase the immense opportunities India offers the Commonwealth's business community.

"It has been our endeavour to create a networking environment for business leaders of the Commonwealth. We want to develop greater awareness of India's multifaceted tourist attractions and investment opportunities."

"The focus of Indian businesses has turned to the world in search of new markets to explore and develop growth opportunities for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi. India's global presence is visible, emerging as a sporting, political and economic giant."

Organising Committee Joint Director General Tribhuvan Shanker Darbari said: "CBCI's partnership with FICCI and CII would harness its potential to become a major catalyst in projecting India's image and attracting co-operation in key areas like information technology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, higher education, skills, environment, advance and high technologies."

Birmingham to strengthen India links through CWG 2010

Realising the enormous business potentials of Commonwealth Games 2010 in Delhi, Birmingham City is keen to further the trade ties with India through the mega-sporting event.

During the reception of Queen's Baton relay at Commonwealth Business Club India (CBCI) in Birmingham last evening, City Council leader Mike Whitby said, "The CBCI launch underpins the strong economic relationship between Birmingham and India. We are keen to further establish our strong business link through the Commonwealth Games."

"As a global city with a local heart, we are committed to fostering trade with India and today's event will help build more bridges to deliver that," he said. In a message, CBCI Chairman and Organising Committee chairman, Suresh Kalmadi said the Queen's Baton Relay 2010 would help to showcase the immense opportunities India offers the Commonwealth's business community.

"It has been our endeavour to create a networking environment for business leaders of the Commonwealth. We want to develop greater awareness of India's multifaceted tourist attractions and investment opportunities."

"The focus of Indian businesses has turned to the world in search of new markets to explore and develop growth opportunities for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi. India's global presence is visible, emerging as a sporting, political and economic giant."

Organising Committee Joint Director General Tribhuvan Shanker Darbari said: "CBCI's partnership with FICCI and CII would harness its potential to become a major catalyst in projecting India's image and attracting co-operation in key areas like information technology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, higher education, skills, environment, advance and high technologies."

This is the real potential of the games. If we are able to host sucessfull games at Delhi in 2010, we shall be able to tap so many big opportunies in the world of business, politics, fianance, culture and so on and on and on. We must let the organisers keep their focus on the main aim of organizing a successful games. For this very purpose it is very important that we criticise in a positive way. We must show our concern towards CWG 2010 but we should not spoil the mood or focus of the person who is working round the clock for achieving that goal of orgainzing a successful games in Delhi in 2010. We

have broken their sleeps and now keep them awake and let them work. My sincere thanks to all those foreighn bloggers who have expressed their positive views towards India and those who have expressed their confidence in our capabilities.

One must not consider our great country INDIA any inferior to anybody whatsoever (forget about china). We are providing solutions to the problems of the world now a days and we shall definitely overcome our shortcomings also in the most special indian way and the whole world will admire us for that. Let the CWG 2010 happen here the whole world will remain here to salute my great country. We will difinitely do well despite all the negative campaigning going on and with whatever positive comments coming our way.