Delhi 2010

OMG let's stay on topic!

I think Puppy that looking at your three options the only viable option is number 2 (or the unspoken number 4 - the games goes ahead on time!)

I think there is a lot you can do in a year - but Delhi have a lot to do! I'm trying to think back to Athens where there was also so much to do but they got it done on time. I'm guessing Delhi are way behind even that? What Delhi do have is manpower. Having lived and worked in India for 6 months a few years ago you cannot underestimate the ability to throw workforce at a problem at the last minute. Having said that - I am very sceptical it will all get done on time.

OMG let's stay on topic!

I think Puppy that looking at your three options the only viable option is number 2 (or the unspoken number 4 - the games goes ahead on time!)

I think there is a lot you can do in a year - but Delhi have a lot to do! I'm trying to think back to Athens where there was also so much to do but they got it done on time. I'm guessing Delhi are way behind even that? What Delhi do have is manpower. Having lived and worked in India for 6 months a few years ago you cannot underestimate the ability to throw workforce at a problem at the last minute. Having said that - I am very sceptical it will all get done on time.

Thing is games go on in many cases no matter what . Europe was on it's knees post world war 2 yet London hosted 1948 .

Sports Festivals make adjustments to what is presented to them .

As to throwing manpower and money into this India has plenty of both but it also takes public support to get the job really done .

Workers on these sites are having the hardship of not getting paid for months on end by contractors. Whether laborers are going to step up to the plate with that well known in India is another matter.

The problem seems to be lack of project management and this is why Hooper has been there since 2007 to no effect.

Jim jones

Jim - Its not Hoopers Fault

Simple

Can you imagine what it would have been like if Hopper had not been there? He was certainly the GO-TO man in Delhi last week and he knows what is he doing.

Dont start spinning crap about Delhi when you were not on the ground. The OC is at complete fault for this stuff up. Even the Indian Media are calling for Kalmadis Head, not Hooper.

You have picked a battle here that you can not win - It is not Hoopers fault, its not the fault of the CGF. You should have seen the pressure they put on the OC during the Assembly.

Glasgow are well ahead of schedule compared.

Honestly, Delhi OC Does not even have a Head of Commonwealth Games Realations, they have been promising someone for over two years. Glasgow had someone appointed this time last year and the OC of Delhi 2010 wanted her on loan, Glasgow said no (and rightly so). With 12 months to go they have no one leading a team of staff who are supposed to be the most important for communication to the CGAs. This is not the fault of Hooper.

The venues are well behind schedule because of the OC 2010 inaction for building. This is not the fault of Hooper.

The OC is using media propaganda to try and get the "its all right on the day" message across. Hooper is telling the real story and getting shut out like a Mafia controling its stakes. This is not the fault of Hooper.

The CGF are reacting to the situation, The Government of India is listening. The OC of 2010 is not.

You are using the "white person is against us" mentality in your eariler posts. This Jim is just Mental and stupid.

Dont stir the pot on this one cause I wont stand for it - you were not there, you did not see how bad it was. DONT BLAME HOOPER.

exactly we ignore how the superior Races of Northern Europe has conducted the very same games in their recent pass ?

Is there not a saying he who lives in a glass house should not cast stones ?

Jim jones

Racist comment!

Stop trying to malign white people and make constant jibes at white people.

And stop lying and trying to say that the 'white man' is to blame for India's problems - they have only themselves to blame!

P.S.Everyone on this thread can see how you are prejudice, lacking information and trying to stir trouble. Why not try sticking to the topic of India/Delhi without trying to making attacks on Glasgow/Scotland/ England/ White people? This thread is ABOUT DELHI!!!!!!

Hooper is the CEO

The President is Mike Fennell from Jamacia (IOC Member)

Mike Fennell in not an IOC member he is a Jamiacian Olympic Association President and the President of the Commonwealth Games Federation .

Under F for IOC members are Rene Fasel the President of the body governing International Ice Hockey a Swiss National

Timothy Fok a Citizen of Hong Kong

Frankie Fredericks former Athletics Athlete from Namibia

Jim Jones

Jim - Its not Hoopers Fault

Simple

Can you imagine what it would have been like if Hopper had not been there? He was certainly the GO-TO man in Delhi last week and he knows what is he doing.

Dont start spinning crap about Delhi when you were not on the ground. The OC is at complete fault for this stuff up. Even the Indian Media are calling for Kalmadis Head, not Hooper.

You have picked a battle here that you can not win - It is not Hoopers fault, its not the fault of the CGF. You should have seen the pressure they put on the OC during the Assembly.

Glasgow are well ahead of schedule compared.

Honestly, Delhi OC Does not even have a Head of Commonwealth Games Realations, they have been promising someone for over two years. Glasgow had someone appointed this time last year and the OC of Delhi 2010 wanted her on loan, Glasgow said no (and rightly so). With 12 months to go they have no one leading a team of staff who are supposed to be the most important for communication to the CGAs. This is not the fault of Hooper.

The venues are well behind schedule because of the OC 2010 inaction for building. This is not the fault of Hooper.

The OC is using media propaganda to try and get the "its all right on the day" message across. Hooper is telling the real story and getting shut out like a Mafia controling its stakes. This is not the fault of Hooper.

The CGF are reacting to the situation, The Government of India is listening. The OC of 2010 is not.

You are using the "white person is against us" mentality in your eariler posts. This Jim is just Mental and stupid.

Dont stir the pot on this one cause I wont stand for it - you were not there, you did not see how bad it was. DONT BLAME HOOPER.

You are right it is not Hoopers Fault that he has sat in New Delhi for two years not coming to a conclusion that perhaps the plug has to be pulled on the New Delhi Hosting of the games . The problem is again politics of staging the games and how the Federation has to bend whether it is New Delhi with their mess or Glasgow Reneging on a huge transportation commitment CONTAINED IN THE BID BOOK.

This is the CEO of the Federation after all and could certainly bring the board together and Say . We have to find a City with an IAAF Class one Stadium , a Fina Pool , a Schuermann Velodrome , the finances and the Construction industry to rescue the games . GEE I guess he would have chosen , London , Glasgow , Edmonton Melbourne and other places that don't have those for 2010 as well. Gee I wonder who in the commonwealth actually has those venues ????? Austin Sealy who is an actual IOC member sits on the executvie board of the Federation made a Great recommendation for the situation with the Velodrome that would have completed that part of the games by now . His recommendation came at a year ago.

As to media propaganda in India there certainly is little of that thou the Oc tries to put positive Spin. The no interviews of visiting delegates was one sign of that . The Indian media is not fooled by the diplomatic statements forced out of the mouths of people like Perry Crosswhite.

Again what is the history of the games . And what is the History of India for Capital construction mega projects ?

That should be the entire consideration for a host city to stage the games .

Glasgow and Scotland are as much a frontier as New Delhi on this as the level of what the games has become has increased that much since 1986. If Glasgow was to say we will only hire Scots for our organization of the games they would indeed be in the very same boat as New Delhi to a degree. 700 atlhletes for the Commonwealth youth Games of 2000 is not anywhere compared with the Top tier of the Commonwealth Games Franchise.

Jim Jones.

The Queen's baton relay will start the next week on October 29. According with the tradition, the relay will start from Buckingham Palace in London and will visit each country of the Commonwealths, until finally reaching Delhi the day of the Opening Ceremon, 3 October 2010. It will take 190,000 kilometres in 340 days, making it one of the longests in history.

The baton was unveiled early this year. The queen's message was done on microcaligraphy on this ocassion, over a small golden leaf, representative of the ancient Indian `pathras`

QBR-Baton-1.jpg

Baton-2.jpg

Also, plans for the opening ceremony were unveiled these days. It will have the Wheel of Life, the ''Chakra'' as it central theme. The Wheel of Life is also a national symbol of India.

73996329.png

It seems, after reading this thread, the problems are bigger than just (!) getting the venues ready on time. Things such as ticketing and sponsopship are also way behind. Will manpower be able to solve these issues?

I havent event thought about other things suck as ticketing etc. Now I am even more worried!!!

But this was done as well on Melborune 2006 , in fact, i think their baton relay was longer than Delhi

I don't have a problem with a long torch relay. I am merely worried that Delhi could be embarrassed by starting a torch relay if the games get cancelled, moved or postponed. I obviously hope that doesn't happen - but it would be embarassing.

I don't have a problem with a long torch relay. I am merely worried that Delhi could be embarrassed by starting a torch relay if the games get cancelled, moved or postponed. I obviously hope that doesn't happen - but it would be embarassing.

I'm worried for the Delhi delays as well, but i have faith they will finish on time. Lets remember Athens 2004 :rolleyes:

Besides, its already too late to cancel (or move) the games and i dont thing the CWGF will want to postpone them.