Delhi 2010

GYMNASTICS

DSC03438.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03442.jpg

DSC03444.jpg

As the tour was being conducted and we passed all the SAFETY FIRST signs and how important safety was, the speaker was portable, and this guy surley lost his eardrum twice due to feedback. It was just so funny!

DSC03447.jpg

SWIMMING - Dear oh Dear oh Dear! This venue is just so far behind schedule

DSC03469.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

They were SO LUCKY when they dug they already found an existing swimming pool! This venue is crazy, they stripped it from an existing venue, they should have just renovated the existing venue. Crazy Stuff

DSC03472.jpg

More tomorrow to include other venues but not all venues were visited.

Media was also limited to NETBALL Venue only and not permitted in other venues (they must have learnt from the Chinese for Media control techniques, so good to see pasing the knowledge is happening)

wow NOC,

thanks very much for the pics - these pictures are really interesting - the swimming venue looks realy very behind the schedule. I wonder how the Indian will manage to get ready until the CWG - the time is ticking, but I hope/think they will make it....

But I doubt they will be able to "test" the venues

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Thanks for the photos. The weightlifting venue is just sad haha, they should just stop and focus their resources on another venue, put weightlifting at a convention centre, or even at a University's gym. The Aquatic Centre is a big problem though.

They need to do more than pull finger.

Its less than a year

Test Events start in three months time.

All Test events must be completed by 30th June

The media has been getting spun so much crap in India that they shame the chinese with spin.

The Commonwealth Games are at a Serious crossroads and a massive amount of work must be done to be completed in time

If only the media was allowed to see the real venues

Its less than a year

Test Events start in three months time.

All Test events must be completed by 30th June

The media has been getting spun so much crap in India that they shame the chinese with spin.

The Commonwealth Games are at a Serious crossroads and a massive amount of work must be done to be completed in time

If only the media was allowed to see the real venues

ohh I just reread your e-mail

I wonder how they want to start test events in three months...

NOC great pictures . Is it true when the Organizing committee was asked about the Marshalling Area for the athletes for the Opening Ceremonies the Committee had no answers and were clueless ? I friend in the Inspection Party Told me this . He said this factor is very important for the Athletes well being.

I wonder why the committee has not taken the advice of Austin Sealy in regards to the velodrome just renting a temporary Velodrome from the US. It is in the Bid plans for Toronto 2015 and has existed for a while . It is a Schuermann 250 metre track that can go anywhere in the world having a set up time of 6 weeks after arrival . This system is complete with 3500 seats is enclosed and air conditioned.

New Delhi 2010 was to look to temporary pre engineered solutions that are out there. Astral Pools , Green Tech ITM Tray turf. Bailey Bridges . a great deal of time can be shaved for Capital Projects for the games by knowing of these things. The flyovers for Transportation could certainly be completed if as reported the columns are in place. Bailey Bridges could do the job and are very quick to install.

Jim jones