Stephen Harper Is A Tool

pooette

<h1 class="headline">Tories find small cuts to reduce spending by $1B</h1> <h4 class="lastupdated">Last Updated Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:50:48 EDT</h4> <h5 class="byline"> CBC News </h5> The federal government is cutting research into medical uses of marijuana to save $4 million, as part of $1 billion in savings it expects to make over the next two years.

baird060925.jpg
Treasury Board president John Baird will cut $1 billion from government spending. (CBC)

Treasury Board president John Baird mentioned the cut as one example of about $20 million in specific savings he described in a short briefing on Monday. The savings will total nearly $1.1 billion over the next two years according to the Department of Finance website.

what a tool. the rest of the article can be seen here

1% decrease in spending for what? a few fucking ideological differences (mary-jane), pure assholeness (pine beetle and women center stuff.) and a bunch of tooling (no gst refunds to visitors. gee. that's 'pro-business'...)

stephen harper doesn't have a real agenda. he got into power on the vague promise of cleaning up government corruption. if this is all he's got, cutting into a few progressive programs and ones that might help save 1000's of jobs (pine bettle), shaving off a mear 1%, he should be ashamed. i don't think that even wal-mart would bother with this if it ment a saving of 1% on your fucking shampoo. yay mom! shampoo now costs $6.76 instead of $6.84! HOLY ****.

**** 1% changes. gst and spending can lick my balls.

^ precisely. There's so many things Canadians need to fix it's ridiculous we cutted the GST.....there goes billions. at least the headlines won't read "Tories find cuts to reduce spending by $1B: the CBC"......at least not yet (lol), and god pray that day never come.

i also thought discounted transit passes were a waste of money, would be better off in actually spending money to build transit infrastructure which would be the more effective and long-term way in getting people off the roads and into trains and buses. As well, if we're talking about no GST to healthy foods (and/or higher taxes to junk food), or lower/no GST to hybrid or energy saving cars then that would be smart spending.

i like what he's doing with our military, providing more funding an Arctic sovereignty, and his stance on Afghanistan.....though i was quite ashamed of his stance with the Lebanese conflict in the summer. i don't understand how the NDP wants our military out of Afghanistan, just because it's starting to get difficult.....it's a committment we chose to made and it's a good committment to making Afghanistan and this world a better place for all. The NDP reminds me of fainting goats....when they get scared, their legs lock and they fall to the side - sometimes even falling upside down.

Anybody for cow tipping in Ladner tomorrow night? :P

P.S. Harper, please quit calling your government "Canada's New Government". It is so unprofessional to call the Government of Canada "Canada's New Government" when outside of Canada.....especially if we're talking about 8 months after the election. It's annoying, it's stupid, it's unprofessional, and most importantly it's embarassing. No kidding that we don't have a new government.

I don't understand why they want to reduce spending when we the country has so much money anyways. I just don't understand our government. I never liked Stephen Harper. They should reduce our taxes more and that 1% decrease in GST that took effect in July is completely ridiculous. It's not like were saving a lot with it. It only benefits the rich in my opinion.

I don't understand why they want to reduce spending when we the country has so much money anyways. I just don't understand our government. I never liked Stephen Harper. They should reduce our taxes more and that 1% decrease in GST that took effect in July is completely ridiculous. It's not like were saving a lot with it. It only benefits the rich in my opinion.

Reasons why the government needs money:

1) A debt of hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of billions still unpaid.

2) Crumbling infrastructure across the country, particularly in Toronto - in need of $10 billion to fix subway, roads, and sewers.

3) A crumbling military with aging equipment.

4) Healthcare shortages (the waits for operations and MRI's are ridiculous)

5) Provinces, particularly Ontario and Alberta, don't get their fair share in equalization payments.

and more.

I thought this new Conservative government has injected lots of new money into the military forces this time.

but does it include replacing our aging navy and Coast Guard fleets or our aging fighter jets? The navy alone would cost tens of billions, the Coast Guard fleet would be billions more, and $25 billion to purchase 250 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. The expiration date of our navy and jets is the end of the decade.

but does it include replacing our aging navy and Coast Guard fleets or our aging fighter jets? The navy alone would cost tens of billions, the Coast Guard fleet would be billions more, and $25 billion to purchase 250 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. The expiration date of our navy and jets is the end of the decade.

Well I'm sure that is all on Harper's agenda as we all know he loves the military and war.

**** the military. the reason the NDP is against the war in afghanistan has nothing to do with it 'getting hard'. it is NDP policy, officially i guess since only a month ago, but the the large majority of the members are pacifist and against the occupations of iraq and afghanistan. aswell as bush's "war on terror"

so ya, the stereotype that NDPers are a bunch of pot smoking hippies is totally true.

**** the military. the reason the NDP is against the war in afghanistan has nothing to do with it 'getting hard'. it is NDP policy, officially i guess since only a month ago, but the the large majority of the members are pacifist and against the occupations of iraq and afghanistan. aswell as bush's "war on terror"

so ya, the stereotype that NDPers are a bunch of pot smoking hippies is totally true.

the military has been neglected for decades and it's also why we can't send more troops to Afghanistan and why we can't respond to Darfur.

That 1% drop in the GST actually saved me a fair amount if money when I bought my laptop. Imagine buying a car. It's not useless so stop being greedy. What would your Liberals have done??? NOTHING

That 1% drop in the GST actually saved me a fair amount if money when I bought my laptop. Imagine buying a car. It's not useless so stop being greedy. What would your Liberals have done??? NOTHING

How many times do you buy a Laptop or pricy items? Not alot right. Therefore, 1% really isn't a big deal dumbass on small purchases. That's why it helps off the rich more than the poor. Figure it out!!!

How many times do you buy a Laptop or pricy items? Not alot right. Therefore, 1% really isn't a big deal dumbass on small purchases. That's why it helps off the rich more than the poor. Figure it out!!!

i believe that they said the average Canadian would only save $300 through the 1% GST cut.

Not to mention you have to spend to save.

Speaking of which, what happened to those HBC "scratch and save" cards? :P:lol: I miss those.....40% discounts *druels*.

I work for HBC, we barely do those anymore. The last scratch card promotion we had was for extra HBC Rewards Points. Were under new management and they are in the process of restructuring the whole company. In a few weeks, we are unveiling our new Rewards Points campaign, new cards, new points structures, etc. We are also launching a new Credit Card in partnership with MasterCard. Anyways, just felt like babling on since you brought up HBC. Hopefully, Jerry Zucker (The American businessman who boughtout the company) can pull the company out of the financial hole they are currently in.

^ the thing with HBC is it needs to reinvent itself. Not as many people today still frequent to department stores, but rather to specified stores.....for example, you'd go to Future Shop to buy electronics. i was quite dissapointed by HBC's announcement of an American owner given the company's history, obviously, ....... hopefully he can shed some new light into the company. i would hate to see it be renamed "Target".

^ the thing with HBC is it needs to reinvent itself. Not as many people today still frequent to department stores, but rather to specified stores.....for example, you'd go to Future Shop to buy electronics. i was quite dissapointed by HBC's announcement of an American owner given the company's history, obviously, ....... hopefully he can shed some new light into the company. i would hate to see it be renamed "Target".

I think it's one of the best things to happen to HBC. Jerry Zucker seems to know what he's doing unlike the outgoing CEO of the company that helped HBC on its downspiral into a big financial pit of loss. He's not going to be converting Zellers into Target as your mentioning. These were all the rumours floating around when he first bought out the company. They are not true.

What needs the most help are The Bay stores. They are the biggest financial losers out of all 4 chains of HBC (The Bay, Zellers, Home Outfitters & Designer Depot).

• 2 months later...

What the...

- a Olympic-sized covered speedskating oval in FORT ST. JOHN? A similar one for Quebec City would make more sense here.

- a "Northern Sports Center" in Prince George

- a "Pacific Sport Institute" in Victoria

- a "huge" sports complex in SFU (Vancouver)

Okay, the bottom three I can see happening in the future. The first one, however, makes me wonder who came up with that idea. Never mind that the Vancouver/Whistler area is needing more money and manpower to deal with 2010 Olympic venue construction NOW. My province is having trouble just trying to deal with critical and "important" infrastructure deficits, despite having all that money from the energy sector. Guess someone over there saw that chart lately, if you guys know what I am talking about.

yeah Quebec or anywhere out east would make a lot more sense than Ft St John. However the other three are necessary and will go ahead no matter what.

UNBC doesn't have any sports facilities. They need to get something going to be able to have teams in the CIS. SFU doesn't have a stadium. They play at Swangard. And PacificSport is the kind of organization this country needs if we want to be successful in athletics. They're already a well established organization, they just need the facilities. http://www.pacificsport.com/