Euro 2012

Olympian2004

..on an extraordinarily successful sports year: with the Torino Olympics, the World Cup victory and (possibly) the victory in the Euro 2012 contest.

but also dramatic and controversial if you consider the national league's scandal..

only Italy can win the FIFA WC in the same year of the greatest Serie A crash! there's something operaly and romantic in this.. you know it's the italian way to do things. :D

but also dramatic and controversial if you consider the national league's scandal..

only Italy can win the FIFA WC in the same year of the greatest Serie A crash! there's something operaly and romantic in this.. you know it's the italian way to do things. :D

Yes, but **** happens. We in Germany had the large doping scandal around our former cycling icon Jan Ullrich -- but nevertheless, it was an unforgettable and excellent sports year for us, too. We were the most successful nation in Torino, we hosted a great World Cup and had a team which surprised and inspired us all, we hosted much-applauded World Equestrian Games, we became Hockey World Champions on home soil and maybe Michael Schumacher is able to finish his career as World Champion. So who cares about those "little" scandals? :D;)

We have been Basketball World Champions, we've virtually won Le Tour, we've hosted a successful Vuelta a España (some cyclist experts said it has been the best race of the year, althought finally Vinokourov won), we've had Nadal & Alonso victories...

Me too, in fact I reckon I'm even more fed up than you.

Well, I don't feel addressed by this criticism. I only said to Rei that it's possible to overlook some scandals as long as the rest of the year is plenty of more successful sports events -- and used the German experiences of this year as example. Why Mikel had to add the list of Spain's recent achievements, I don't understand either. Ask him!

Perhaps you could offer your views on the latest news about Lazio, instead of casting aspersions on people.

perhaps you could explain us what happened in premier league with their recent rake-off, instead of casting aspersions on italian football.

Clearly you missed Friday's news about an arrest warrant being issued for the Lazio president, but just to fill you in

who, Chinaglia? to see..

But you clearly don't believe in the principal of innocent until proven guilty, do you.

oh I believe in it, infact I didn't judge I only asked for more infos about the file..

You shouldn't believe in it only when it suit you. :P

If you have bothered to read any post of mine on any issue of legality, you will note that the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise is something I believe in with a passion. If that comment wasn't so damn offensive, it would be hilarious.

Besides which, Rei, you're not looking at the main problem. The news about the Lazio president keeps that murky image of dark dealing and wrongdoing prominent in people's minds. If this drags on to next April, it is surely going to damage Italy's chances of winning 2012, isn't it?

sincerely arwebb you should understand that I'm really really and really tired to talk about Serie A scandal again..

I don't want to hide anything about it.. it has been an impressive earthquake here (to see that we have already forgot the last WC victory) and I hope that soccer will be dropped out from Italy for many years in order to bring people near to other beautiful sports which deserve more..

and sincerely I don't fucking care if Italy wins the euro2012! I support Croatia-Hungary!