If You Can't Get The Olympics, You Can Always

Only a year after their heartbreaking loss to the damp and muggy English capital, Parisians will be thrilled to a new spectacle to be staged at what would've been the primary venue of the 2012 Olympics, the Stade de France!!

Producer/actor Robert Hossein will stage a live-action version of BEN-HUR, complete with a sea-battle (think Barcelona '92) and a full chariot race.

Why, it's even better than the Olympcis or the World Cup!!

Hmmm, Paris again beckons in the fall for me!!

Only a year after their heartbreaking loss to the damp and muggy English capital, Parisians will be thrilled to a new spectacle to be staged at what would've been the primary venue of the 2012 Olympics, the Stade de France!!

Oh, the annual rainfall in Paris is about the same as in London and I've heard that you actually get a better class of mugger in Paris too!! :lol:

But there's just no arguing with you Francophiles is there?

I guess for you,the loss of the 2012 Olympics to us "pesky Brits" is like the damned Boche marching down the Champs Elysees in 1940!! ;)

Who's been lined up for Ben Hur? I hear poor old Charlton isn't up to it these days!! :(

Zinedine.

Messala will be played by Matterazzi. ;)

Wow.I didn't know charioteers were allowed to headbutt!! :P

How on earth do you restage such a legendary sequence in a football stadium? But, perhaps a better question is why? Some things are just best left alone, aren't they?

Very carefully? Very lavishly? :D

Why? Because it is a free enterprise system and to put on a show and make some money at the same time. I, for one, would pay to see such a spectacle if I were living in Paris this moment. I mean how different is this from the once-a-decade Passion Play at Oberammergau or those medieval tournament dinner-shows, or say, the Lippizaner (sp?) Horse show at the Spanish Riding School in Austria, except maybe this is 15x bigger? I mean this is something a legendary showman like Mike Todd would have dreamt of and staged had he lived longer.

You know "Les Miz" started out, I believe, in the Palais Bercy OmniSport in Paris, before MacKintosh crafted the English language version and made it the phenomenal worldwide hit that it was. I, for one, will keep my eyes and ears peeled to US engagements for this BEN-HUR spectacle. I mean, it's like an Olympic Opening Ceremony only w/o those grandstanding athletes.

Archived