Uefa's Two New Members

KRATK

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neanderthals, Spanish, British... they're all the same anyway

Hmmm,a bit like the Dutch and the Germans you mean?

The Neanderthals originally came from Germany,didn't they?? ;)

Well, it is not hard to see some resemblance between Germans and Neanderthal's.

Ouch!!

In that case,does Gibraltar really belong to the Germans?? ;)

I think that participation of this magnitude should be open only to the following:

* Independent countries

* Territories with a sizeable amount of self-government

Gibraltar, though a British possession, does fit in with the latter, I suppose. Let them join the UEFA and FIFA families. In fact, Gibraltar should join the Olympic family as well.

I think that participation of this magnitude should be open only to the following:

* Independent countries

* Territories with a sizeable amount of self-government

Gibraltar, though a British possession, does fit in with the latter, I suppose. Let them join the UEFA and FIFA families. In fact, Gibraltar should join the Olympic family as well.

since 1991 only independent states can join IOC...Gibraltar is not (and never will be) an independent state.

Why not?

because they (gibraltarians) don´t want it,Spain don´t want it and UK don´t want it.

personally,I think that could be a good solution,a Principality of Gibraltar with two Princes (the Queen of England and the King of Spain) like Andorra,but is difficult...

Who knows what will happen in the future? As in the current case, the people of Gibraltar should be the ultimate arbiter.

for a change of the status is necessary a consensus beetwen Gibraltar,London and Madrid...

the next September 18 will be a meeting in Cordoba fot talk about cooperation,the airport,the spanish workers in Gib.,etc...

So, should Gibraltar wish to be independent, what actions of a Spanish government would you condone against it?

UK said a lot of times that Gibraltar cannot be independent,the gibraltarians leaders (Caruana,Bossano) never talk about independence,the Treaty of Utrecht and the UN resolutions don ´t accept the independence,etc...this question don´t have sense...but I repeat to you that for me the Andorra model could good for the rock...

UK said a lot of times that Gibraltar cannot be independent,the gibraltarians leaders (Caruana,Bossano) never talk about independence,the Treaty of Utrecht and the UN resolutions don ´t accept the independence,etc...this question don´t have sense...but I repeat to you that for me the Andorra model could (be) good for the rock...

You haven't answered the question. This is a scenario for the future, should the people of Gibraltar wish their land to become an independent nation. What has been said in the past is utterly irrelevant.

So, again, if Gibraltar wished to be independent, what actions of a Spanish government would you condone against it?

Ustedes firmaron un tratado que si mal no recuerdo, es el Tratado de Utrecht donde ceden a perpetuidad Gibraltar. Por un lado, ustedes quieren que los marroquíes mantengan sus tratados y no reclamen la isla Perejil, ni las Chafarinas, ni Ceuta ni Melilla, pero quieren que a los británicos no les importen.

Después dicen que deben escuchar la voz de la gente. La gente que vive en el territorio de Gibraltar quiere ser británica. La gente que vive fuera de Gibraltar, como en San Roque, es española... y oh! sorpresa... es española. Quieren que Inglaterra siga el ejemplo de Hong Kong y Macao... pero en ese caso, sus habitantes querían ser parte de China y además, volviendo al tema en cuestión, ambas tenían seleccionado de fútbol. Si reclaman que los que viven allí son predominantemente españoles... entonces porqué no le ceden a Portugal, el pueblo de Olivenza, donde son predominantemente lusitanos.

Los reclamos de España sobre Gibraltar no tienen asidero. Llevan 300 años reclamando por algo que perdieron que no les afecta ni su economía, solo les afecta el orgullo.

Insultos? Mentiras? Racista? Inculto? Si tú quieres mantener tu visión cerrada y seguir defendiendo lo indefendible, allá tú. Y si crees que es "racismo" decir que España está perdiendo el tiempo, allá tú.

Y si Chile tiene buenas relaciones con el Reino Unido, cuál es el problema? Acaso aún creen que dominan las políticas internas de nuestro país? Chile también tiene buenas relaciones diplomáticas con España y por mí que al desgraciado de Pinochet lo hubieran juzgado en cualquier parte menos acá.

Ceuta and Melilla are in Spain before countries like yours were built... Ceuta y Melilla no viven de la evasión fiscal ni del contrabando, están integradas en el aparato político del Estado como Ciudades Autónomas con sus propios Estatutos de Autonomía, igual que la Región de Murcia, Galicia, la Comunidad Foral de Navarra o Castilla y León. Ceuta y Melilla forman parte de territorio español antes que Navarra, cuando España nació, por así decirlo.

En cuanto a las relaciones de Chile... En fin, las relaciones internacionales de Chile me dan igual... Me importan lo mismo que las de Bolivia, Bhután o Djibuti. España es un país integrado en la Unión Europea, con buenas relaciones con los miembros de la Comunidad y hasta hace 2 años, con mejores relaciones con el Reino Unido que Chile.

Will the Hawaii get independent from the USA? Will the Baja California Peninsula be part of the USA in the future? Will Alaska be part of Canada one day? Will Northern Ireland be part of the Republic of Ireland one day? Let's aske the same about Ceuta and Melilla, they're exactly the same examples.

You haven't answered the question. This is a scenario for the future, should the people of Gibraltar wish their land to become an independent nation. What has been said in the past is utterly irrelevant.

So, again, if Gibraltar wished to be independent, what actions of a Spanish government would you condone against it?

Your question is pure history-fiction...if you want that I say "invade it" you are wasting time,I don´t believe in violence.

Do you know that the majority of gibraltarians have houses in Spain (Sotogrande,etc) ? in Gibraltar don ´t have space for more buildings...of course all the food and the majority of products in Gib. are spanish...

With regards to Gibraltar and it's participation in international events, it is part of the United Kingdom and compete under "Team GB" or other British names when competing or participating in an event (Such as the Eurovision Song Contest or the Olympic Games). When individual Home Countries of the United Kingdom (Such as England, Scotland, Wales NI, etc) compete seperately (such as football).

So ultimately, Spain is powerless to have its wishes for Gibraltar enforced. If you're not prepared to take action, why are you so bothered about it?

We won't invade it simply because we're in the NATO and the Eu as well as the UK and we won't enter in a war with out allies...

When Morocco invaded the Perejil Island in 2002, the Army attacked and expulsed them...

Archived