New York 2028

Rafa

ryan cant spell innovation. he has no clue what it means either. the year is 2028 ryan. grow up. innovation does not mean using soldier field as u did in ur chicago bid, espcecially since it cannot be converted into an athletics venue...like it or dont like it.

ryan cant spell innovation. he has no clue what it means either. the year is 2028 ryan. grow up. innovation does not mean using soldier field as u did in ur chicago bid, espcecially since it cannot be converted into an athletics venue...like it or dont like it.

Oh, Asshole i know what innovation means. Who cares if it is 2028, your idea is retarded. I know this is a fantasy competition but atleast make it some what realistic.

wow...asshole...well good on ya for being able to spell that. The idea achieved an honourary mention by the Pratt Institute of Design in New York. And im not even kidding...

There is absolutely no way possible that an idea like that would be built here. Sure it might've looked nice and all, but it's certainly impractical.

prove it?...u just called someone with a masters in architecture a retard for producing a plan that would suit new york in 2028...im not showing u anything....it received an honourable mention and thats as far as im going. its impractical because ure thinking of the year 2006. thinking out of the box may be a problem for ryan.

prove it?...u just called someone with a masters in architecture a retard for producing a plan that would suit new york in 2028...im not showing u anything....it received an honourable mention and thats as far as im going. its impractical because ure thinking of the year 2006. thinking out of the box may be a problem for ryan.

In 2028, that would still be an unnecessary hassle. You can think out of the box, but that might straying a litte too far off. What about security, and travel, and other things like that? I know it's a fantasy bid, but just keep your imagination in check.

No it is impractical because it is a piece of **** plan. I do not care if it is 2006 or 2028, have you ever been to New York City. Govenor's Island is a National Monument in the United States. That is like saying your gonna build a saling venue on the Statue of Liberty. New York Harbor has not been changed much over the years and it will not be. If you want your bid to atleast be reasonable find some land.

Sorry for the double post, but seamus is right. After looking on google earth and the diagram mo sent me, Mo's floating park would be in the path of the Staten Island Ferry.

It might be far, but the former fresh kills landfill is turning into a park 3x the size of central park. Bad name, but could be named NY Olympic park or something. PLenty of space for everything. They are making manor road, the wooded road wider, so it won't be as dark, and it is near the expressway. The only downside it the journey time, and the view of all the NJ refineries.

footprint of site

creek_landing_waterfront_pr.jpg

rendering of waterfront there.

west_park_view.jpg

View from 9/11 memorial.

activities.jpg

activeities under consideration. There will be ferries from manhattan every 30 minutes also, so that could be a good transportation solver.

greenbelt_stat.jpg

the dark green is the current wooded parkland, the greenbelt. The light green is the size of the new park.

feasible_programs.jpg

Thanks to the NYC.gov website for pictures.

Archived