2010 Medaling

dave199

Who else thinks Canada can meet the goal set by the COC to be #1 in the medal standings come 2010?

It's less than 4 years away which is quite sometime but after seeing their performance in Torino, it's looks very acheivable since our Winter Sports program is continually improving each year. Maybe we will dominate :P I also see the USA doing really well in Vancouver too since thats the usual pattern that happens with these two neighbouring countries when they particpate on their neighbours soil. And hopefully Canada won't choke when it comes down to the Men's Hockey again.

Way too early to predict.

Obviously, I'm just getting a general consensus here. I'm not going to say Canada will win 32 medals, USA 29, Germany 27, etc.

Just a thread to express thoughts on how well you think specific countries will perform.

Who else thinks Canada can meet the goal set by the COC to be #1 in the medal standings come 2010?

It's less than 4 years away which is quite sometime but after seeing their performance in Torino, it's looks very acheivable since our Winter Sports program is continually improving each year. Maybe we will dominate :P I also see the USA doing really well in Vancouver too since thats the usual pattern that happens with these two neighbouring countries when they particpate on their neighbours soil. And hopefully Canada won't choke when it comes down to the Men's Hockey again.

How ever many medals Canada gets, that first gold one will be THE big one! Finally, the home-turf monkey off your backs. It would be a great moment to be in the crowd to watch that.