Brazil Olympic Committee Picks Rio For 2016

Stu

just a question for the GB people:

why the news about the badminton´s world cup in Madrid from Reuters was a big headline for you and the critics of the FIBA´s Secretary to the organization of the Basketball World Cup Brazil 2006 no???

Well, actually, the FIBA problems did get a mention in the press here _ I posted a story about it on the thread in Other International Games.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I guess you guys didn´t remember what I wrote a couple of weeks ago. It didn´t have to be a Nostradamus to see that coming.

I am just waiting to see how many tickets will be sold. I am expecting Athens-empty stadiums for most of the events. Just watch the Women´s World Basketball Championship this week. Brazilians don´t like sports (besides soccer, of course), they like winners.

And just to add to that, and I forgot to mention, those who want to see any sporting event here in Brazil always face troubles like huge lines (for everything, even going to the bathroom), scalpers, low food options inside the arena, and sometime even those who are actually competing in the event, like the water drops inside Ibirapuera arena in Sao Paulo.

Baron, a storm is not predicted, but those water drops at the room were registered 20 years ago and should have been fixed by now. It is a huge flaw from the OC.

I was going to compare both meltdows (Sao Paulo and Madrid), and what would that mean for Rio´s bid , but I was almost forgetting that I won´t comment about Rio´s chances (which, just to remember, for me are zero) since I´ve already wrote my point of view and I wouldn´t waste my time. So, using the sentence I wrote before, just wait until July 2007 and see what can be wrong during a multisport event.

Hey, I guess you guys didn´t remember what I wrote a couple of weeks ago. It didn´t have to be a Nostradamus to see that coming.

And just to add to that, and I forgot to mention, those who want to see any sporting event here in Brazil always face troubles like huge lines (for everything, even going to the bathroom), scalpers, low food options inside the arena, and sometime even those who are actually competing in the event, like the water drops inside Ibirapuera arena in Sao Paulo.

Baron, a storm is not predicted, but those water drops at the room were registered 20 years ago and should have been fixed by now. It is a huge flaw from the OC.

I was going to compare both meltdows (Sao Paulo and Madrid), and what would that mean for Rio´s bid , but I was almost forgetting that I won´t comment about Rio´s chances (which, just to remember, for me are zero) since I´ve already wrote my point of view and I wouldn´t waste my time. So, using the sentence I wrote before, just wait until July 2007 and see what can be wrong during a multisport event.

I had written something about it some days before. A journalist from GLOBO sayd it's very hard to introduce on TV different sports than soccer in Brazil.

But I think we're getting better in it. Maybe PanAm will change us.

Jean Poczobut, member of the Council of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), accompanied by Roberto Gesta, President of the Brazilian Athletics Confederation (CBAt), sat with the Organizing Committee of the Pan American Games Rio 2007 (CO-RIO) and CBAt teams, on Tuesday, August 26 for a work meeting. He also visited the works of the João Havelange Stadium, where the athletics competitions will be held, and the Pan American Village where 5,500 athletes will be housed during the Pan American Games 2007, from July 13 to 29, 2007.

"The Pan American Village is magnificent and the design of the Stadium is really excellent. I have already followed the construction of other stadiums, like the Stade de France, and I can tell you that this one has a unique functionality. This stadium has all conditions required to host a World Athletics Championship", Poczobut praised, recalling that the Stade de France was built for the World Cup, in 1999 and later on hosted the Athletics World Championship - 2003.

"The construction of the João Havelange Stadium complies with all IAAF requirements. Poczobut praised the distance between the warming and the competition areas that are very close to each other. Even in Stadiums that have already hosted Olympic competitions the design of the project was not as good as this one", CBAt President, Roberto Gesta explained.

The General Manager of Sport, Agberto Guimarães, underlined the importance of technical visits such as this. "These visits evidence that CO-RIO has been working effectively, obtaining information from the International Federations and sending it on to the technical areas in order to meet the expectations of sport managers, and above all, of the athletes" Agberto Guimarães commented.

CBAt General Secretary and Athletics Coordinator for RIO 2007, Martinho Nobre dos Santos, and CBAt Street Race Director, Rodolfo Eichler were also present.

http://www.rio2007.org.br/pan2007/ingles/n...det.asp?id=2355

Sounds like the usual PR releases. The proof is in the pudding next year, Xikaum.

Pls don't bombard us with all these sugar-coated press releases. One can easily see thru what is PR and what isn't. THanks.

Yes! It's really a press release. But it doesn't necessary means it's false. So .. It's a good project, a beautiful stadia. But we can't praise it.

And its the second new I write here. So I'm not bombarding you with anything.

And yourwelcome for I don't know. (lol .. kidding )

Archived