Euro 2008 Qualifiers

:huh: Love that Canada didn't qualify to the WC, the Basketball World Championships etc <_< I hope both USA and Belize to knock Canada off Gold Cup...

You predicted Spain would lost with Serbia and Montenegro... We didn't.

You predicted Spain would lost with Lithuania.... We didn't

You predicted an Argentina vs. USA final. Spain and Greece were in the final.

You predicted Greece would win the final. Spain won it.

SO, WHAT DO U HAVE AGAINST SPAIN?? :huh:

Faster is a true hispanist,hahahahaha

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meanwhile, speculation is growing that Northern Ireland manager Lawrie Sanchez could be on his way out of Windsor Park.

Sanchez's future as boss in doubt (BBC Sport)

The IFA has to do everything it can to keep Sanchez in his job. He's doing a tremendous job ad he should be allowed to get on with it, because there's only one way they're going under him and that's up.

Meanwhile, Spain's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced the role Spain will have in Gibraltar's entrance to the UEFA.

We won't let them enter, simply. B)

:huh: Love that Canada didn't qualify to the WC, the Basketball World Championships etc <_< I hope both USA and Belize to knock Canada off Gold Cup...

You predicted Spain would lost with Serbia and Montenegro... We didn't.

You predicted Spain would lost with Lithuania.... We didn't

You predicted an Argentina vs. USA final. Spain and Greece were in the final.

You predicted Greece would win the final. Spain won it.

SO, WHAT DO U HAVE AGAINST SPAIN?? :huh:

I wouldn't take his predictions seriously since 90% of those predictions he made during the World Cup did not happen. He was saying the same **** about Italy and ragging on them the whole time. Guess what? They went on to win the World Cup!! Everyone's entitled to their own opinion though, so let it be <_<

I wouldn't take his predictions seriously since 90% of those predictions he made during the World Cup did not happen. He was saying the same **** about Italy and ragging on them the whole time. Guess what? They went on to win the World Cup!! Everyone's entitled to their own opinion though, so let it be <_<

But currently the Italians don't do very much to emphasise that they deserved the cup. And because that's rather the usual level the Italians have played on during the past few years (--> defeat in the round of 16 match at the 2002 World Cup, knock-out in the group stage at the Euro 2004), Faster's prediction about their performance at this year's World Cup was not adventurous as you'd like to present it.

But currently the Italians don't do very much to emphasise that they deserved the cup. And because that's rather the usual level the Italians have played on during the past few years (--> defeat in the round of 16 match at the 2002 World Cup, knock-out in the group stage at the Euro 2004), Faster's prediction about their performance at this year's World Cup was not adventurous as you'd like to present it.

Did I say his predictions were very "Adventurous"? I said most of his predictions were wrong. I can tell the only reason you replied to my post is because you had to say something against the Italians since they booted your guys ass out of the tournament.

The Italians stepped up their game when it really counted and peaked at the right times during the World Cup to win the tournament. They had all that negative press against them mostly about the bribery scandal and it is really impressive through all that **** they came through to win. It is simple as that. Don't be all bitchy now that Germany just missed out on a finals apperance. You guys will be strong contendors come 2010.

Did I say his predictions were very "Adventurous"? I said most of his predictions were wrong. I can tell the only reason you replied to my post is because you had to say something against the Italians since they booted your guys ass out of the tournament.

It doesn't have anything to do with the semifinal result. The Italians were the deserved winners of that semifinal, basta -- although it was certainly the bitterest way for the Germans to be defeated.

But it has something to do with your inappropriate attacks (quote: "the same ****") against Faster. And I admit: It also has something to do with my prediction of July 9 that the Italians would not be able to keep their World Cup level after the tournament. And this prediction has proven absolutely true so far.

It doesn't have anything to do with the semifinal result. The Italians were the deserved winners of that semifinal, basta -- although it was certainly the bitterest way for the Germans to be defeated.

But it has something to do with your inappropriate attacks (quote: "the same ****") against Faster. And I admit: It also has something to do with my prediction of July 9 that the Italians would not be able to keep their World Cup level after the tournament. And this prediction has proven absolutely true so far.

Inappropriate attacks? I wasn't attacking him. I said he said the same stuff earlier and his predictions were wrong. How is that an attack? Someone is overly sensistive when the word **** is used. LOL :D

Inappropriate attacks? I wasn't attacking him. I said he said the same stuff earlier and his predictions were wrong. How is that an attack? Someone is overly sensistive when the word **** is used. LOL :D

Sorry, but I've learned that "****" isn't necessarily a part of nettiquette. And I don't know how you deal with it in Canada, but in Germany "****" is a swearword and thus not really a sign of respect if you use it towards other people.

Sorry, but I've learned that "****" isn't necessarily a part of nettiquette. And I don't know how you deal with it in Canada, but in Germany "****" is a swearword and thus not really a sign of respect if you use it towards other people.

Well in this day of time, the word "****" is used a lot in sentences here in North America. Even though it may seem bad but people use the word a lot and it's a general word apart of their vocabulary. Personally, I don't consider "****" as a swearword. It doesn't even compare to "****" or any of the other ones.

I have to say France play even better without Zidane!

the team is formidable, I can't see a weak point if there's one.. they got on very very well yesterday.

a player has surprised me more than the others: Ribery!

anyway I think is too soon to condemn definitely Italy.. I mean the way to the qalifing turn is still long

the italians seemmed to be out of form and we have also changed the coach and many players.. the team needs more confidence and more preparation, I still believe they could do better in future..

Let's not forget that Italy were unlucky against South Korea in 2002, while they didn't play properly in 2004. This time round, they peaked when it mattered and were worthy winners. What they are currently suffering from is a post-World Cup hangover, complete with a new coach. I wouldn't read too much into it yet.

Donadoni is a good instructor, victories will arrive soon.

The soccer players will find again the physical form when it will begin the championship.

However compliments to the France for the performance.

A quote from the France v Italy match report on uefa.com:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/EURO/Fixt.../Report=RP.html

How true, how true.

No Olympian2004, no, this victory and this dream will take 4 years to fade, and some other country needs 4 years to wake up after that :o:o Berlin K.O. !

I have to say France play even better without Zidane!

the team is formidable, I can't see a weak point if there's one.. they got on very very well yesterday.

a player has surprised me more than the others: Ribery!

anyway I think is too soon to condemn definitely Italy.. I mean the way to the qalifing turn is still long

the italians seemmed to be out of form and we have also changed the coach and many players.. the team needs more confidence and more preparation, I still believe they could do better in future..

Very good REI ! Go Rei, Go on, you are so right and so conforting :) .

Donadoni is a good instructor, victories will arrive soon.

The soccer players will find again the physical form when it will begin the championship.

However compliments to the France for the performance.

Welcome jfdoom ;) and, from me too: congratulation France ( but wait for the last word in 2008)

He hasn't had many coaching jobs, has he?

no.. at least not for big teams.. till now he has coached only a few serie B teams but he was one of the basis players of the 90's Milan together with Maldini, Albertini, Baresi and Costacurta.

I keep on confiding in him! we'll see. Go Italia!

Great players don't necessarily make great coaches, though.

may be arwebb but honestly there have been some external factors which influenced Italy's perfomance yesterday that he couldn't control so much.. I mean the scandal, the federation has not a solid guide yet, the poor physic performance by the players and especially the fact that he had to remake a new team in a short time.. give him the time!

Roberto Donadoni:

Career as a player

Donadoni started his career with Atalanta B.C. in 1982. He transferred to Milan in 1986 and became a mainstay in the team. Usually playing a left midfield role, Donadoni was a vital cog in a team that won five Serie A titles, three European Cups, three European Super Cups, and two Intercontinental Cups. A member of the Italian national team, he played in the 1990 and 1994 FIFA World Cups, helping Italy to third and second place finishes respectively.

The MetroStars of MLS made him a centerpiece of their franchise when they signed him in 1996. While with the Metros, he was recalled to the Italian national team. He came back to MLS, but in the league's first two formative years, Donadoni's class was often wasted. He still proved a spectacular performer, being named to the league Best XI in 1996. Unfortunately, Donadoni's play could not bring the MetroStars any success as a club.

He went back to AC Milan after the 1997 MLS season, and promptly helped them to another Serie A title, his sixth. He ended his career by playing for a short time with Al-Ittihad of Saudi Arabia.

Donadoni scored 21 goals for Milan and six for the MetroStars. He added five for Italy in 63 caps.

Career as a manager

After retiring as a player, he coached Italian clubs Lecco (2001-02), Livorno (2002-03) and Genoa (2003-04). In 2005, he returned to head Livorno in mid-season. After leading them to a surprising ninth-place finish and having the club in sixth place midway through the 2005-06 season, Donadoni resigned over criticism from club chairman Aldo Spinelli.

In July 2006, following the resignation of Marcello Lippi after the Italian National Team won the 2006 FIFA World Cup, Donadoni was named as Italy's new head coach, his first task being to successfully lead the World Champions through qualification for Euro 2008.

On August 16, 2006, Donadoni made his debut as head coach for the Italian National team in a friendly match between Italy and Croatia, but because of the non-standard first team, lost the game 2:0.

Archived