Russia v Croatia, 16:00

San Marino v Germany, 19:45

Slovakia v Czech Republic, 19:15

Sweden v Liechtenstein, 18:30

Turkey v Malta, 19:00

Ukraine v Georgia, 17:00

Austria v Venezuela, 19:15

Switzerland v Costa Rica, 19:15

Netherlands better play better against Belarus or some embarrassment is coming their way.

Any thoughts ahead of tonight's games? Somehow, I'd like to see Finland turn Portugal over.

I'm very curious how the French will perform against the Italians. It's absolutely great that they can repeat that World Cup final only two months later. And considering Italy's performance against Lithuania last Saturday, the Italians could possibly face another disgraceful result. My prediction: France v Italy 1-0

In terms of the match of our team against San Marino, I'm pretty certain that we'll achieve a clear victory. Maybe our record against "dwarf teams" wasn't always the best (e.g. only a 2-1 respectively a 2-0 against the Faroe Islands in the Euro 2004 qualifiers) but this time, our team's World Cup spirit should still be strong enough to give a good performance in Serravalle. My prediction: San Marino v Germany 0-6

My other predictions:

Albania v Romania 0-2

Armenia v Belgium 1-1

Azerbaijan v Kazakhstan 1-3

Bosnia-Herzegovina v Hungary 0-0

Bulgaria v Slovenia 2-1

FYR Macedonia v England 0-2

Finland v Portugal 1-1

Holland v Belarus 2-0

Iceland v Denmark 0-2

Israel v Andorra 2-2

Lithuania v Scotland 0-1

Northern Ireland v Spain 0-3

Norway v Moldova 2-1

Poland v Serbia 1-0

Russia v Croatia 1-2

Slovakia v Czech Republic 1-2

Sweden v Liechtenstein 4-0

Turkey v Malta 3-1

Ukraine v Georgia 2-1

Actually, those are no European qualifiers -- but just to complete the picture:

Austria v Venezuela 1-1

Switzerland v Costa Rica 2-0

I'm very curious how the French will perform against the Italians. It's absolutely great that they can repeat that World Cup final only two months later. And considering Italy's performance against Lithuania last Saturday, the Italians could possibly face another disgraceful result. My prediction: France v Italy 1-0

Honestly speaking, I am afraid for this evening Italy's performance. I only hope that "azzurri" will fight as they use to do in difficult situations and obtain a tie score.

But, if Italy win ................ I would like to be there and watch french eyes :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:P:P:P

Honestly speaking, I am afraid for this evening Italy's performance. I only hope that "azzurri" will fight as they use to do in difficult situations and obtain a tie score.

But, if Italy win ................ I would like to be there and watch french eyes :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:P:P:P

Even that wouldn't matter since the French would still have another chance to beat the Italians -- in the second qualifier match next year.

Latest result.

Group B

Lithuania 1-2 Scotland.

Perfect start for Walter Smith's side. I don't think the Tartan Army should be getting carried away, but they are making progress. The big three nations in that group should certainly be wary.

Wow!!! What a night! Although it's actually not really impressing to win against San Marino -- but this 13-0 of the German team has set some new records, though:

-- It's the second-highest victory in the history of the German team. The highest was a 16-0 against Russia in 1912, and the other second-highest victory was a 13-0 against Finland in 1940.

-- It's the highest victory ever scored by the German team abroad.

-- It's the highest victory any team has ever achieved against San Marino.

-- And it's of course the highest victory of the German team ever in the qualifiers for a World Cup or an Euro.

And the Germans achieved some great goals tonight -- not only lame ones advantaged by the weakness of the San Marinese. Thus I'm very impressed that our team still manages to keep its World Cup level. This is certainly the best German football we've ever seen during the past 16 years (since the last World Cup title in 1990). Guys, you are simply fantastic!

And now I'm waiting for the end of the "revival of the World Cup final" -- and it seems as if Italy will have many, many worries after this night...

That'll keep the debate about pre-qualifying for smaller nations going, and so it should.

The story of the night is in Belfast where Northern Ireland have come from behind twice to beat Spain 3-2. Fantastic result for Lawrie Sanchez's team.

That'll keep the debate about pre-qualifying for smaller nations going, and so it should.

The story of the night is in Belfast where Northern Ireland have come from behind twice to beat Spain 3-2. Fantastic result for Lawrie Sanchez's team.

shameful result for Spain.is time for change the coach and begin a new era.

Adios Luis...

post-1307-1157577618.jpg

post-1307-1157577627.jpg

Tonight's results

Group A

Armenia 0-1 Belgium

Azerbaijan 1-1 Kazakhstan

Finland 1-1 Portugal

Poland 1-1 Serbia

Group B

France 3-1 Italy

Lithuania 1-2 Scotland

Ukraine 3-2 Georgia

Group C

Bosnia-Herzegovina 1-3 Hungary

Norway 2-0 Moldova

Turkey 2-0 Malta

Group D

San Marino 0-13 Germany

Slovakia 0-3 Czech Republic

Group E

Israel 4-1 Andorra

Macedonia 0-1 England

Russia 0-0 Croatia

Group F

Iceland 0-2 Denmark

Northern Ireland 3-2 Spain

Sweden 3-1 Liechtenstein

Group G

Albania 0-2 Romania

Bulgaria 3-0 Slovenia

Holland 3-0 Belarus

Now I'm with you. NO MORE SMALL NATIONS IN THE TOURNAMENTS PLEASE :P

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I was only joking B)

PS. LUIS A TU CASA!

Overall some great results, Spain's lose will give hope to both Denmark and Sweden to knock Spain off.

I have mixed emotions about Germany's 13-0 win, but oh well at least they won and will have GD on there sides.

Love that Italy lost to France, what an amazing result.

Also go Norway.

Wow!!! What a night! Although it's actually not really impressing to win against San Marino -- but this 13-0 of the German team has set some new records, though:

-- It's the second-highest victory in the history of the German team. The highest was a 16-0 against Russia in 1912, and the other second-highest victory was a 13-0 against Finland in 1940.

-- It's the highest victory ever scored by the German team abroad.

-- It's the highest victory any team has ever achieved against San Marino.

-- And it's of course the highest victory of the German team ever in the qualifiers for a World Cup or an Euro.

And the Germans achieved some great goals tonight -- not only lame ones advantaged by the weakness of the San Marinese. Thus I'm very impressed that our team still manages to keep its World Cup level. This is certainly the best German football we've ever seen during the past 16 years (since the last World Cup title in 1990). Guys, you are simply fantastic!

And now I'm waiting for the end of the "revival of the World Cup final" -- and it seems as if Italy will have many, many worries after this night...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Overall some great results, Spain's lose will give hope to both Denmark and Sweden to knock Spain off.

I have mixed emotions about Germany's 13-0 win, but oh well at least they won and will have GD on there sides.

Love that Italy lost to France, what an amazing result.

Also go Norway.

:huh: Love that Canada didn't qualify to the WC, the Basketball World Championships etc <_< I hope both USA and Belize to knock Canada off Gold Cup...

You predicted Spain would lost with Serbia and Montenegro... We didn't.

You predicted Spain would lost with Lithuania.... We didn't

You predicted an Argentina vs. USA final. Spain and Greece were in the final.

You predicted Greece would win the final. Spain won it.

SO, WHAT DO U HAVE AGAINST SPAIN?? :huh:

Meanwhile, speculation is growing that Northern Ireland manager Lawrie Sanchez could be on his way out of Windsor Park.

Sanchez's future as boss in doubt (BBC Sport)

The IFA has to do everything it can to keep Sanchez in his job. He's doing a tremendous job ad he should be allowed to get on with it, because there's only one way they're going under him and that's up.

Archived