Group G

Belarus v Albania

Luxembourg v Holland

Romania v Bulgaria

Any thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain will play against Liechtenstein in Badajoz, Autonomous Community of Extremadura.

Badajoz,_Spain_location.png

Badajoz is the see of a bishop. It occupies a slight eminence, crowned by the ruins of a Moorish castle, and overlooking the Guadiana. A strong wall and bastions, with a broad moat and outworks, and forts on the surrounding heights, give the city an appearance of great strength. The river, which flows between the castle-hill and the powerfully armed fort of San Cristobal, is crossed by a magnificent granite bridge, originally built in 1460, repaired in 1597 and rebuilt in 1833. The whole aspect of Badajoz recalls its stormy history; even the cathedral, built in 1238, resembles a fortress, with massive embattled walls.

270px-Plaza_Alta.JPG

It's situated close to the Portuguese frontier, on the left bank of the river Guadiana, and the Madrid-Lisbon railway. The population in 1990 was 126,781; in 2002 it was 136,851.

Scotland 6 - 0 Faroe Islands

Northern Ireland 0 - 3 Iceland

England 5 - 0 Andorra

Malta 2 - 5 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Georgia 0 - 3 France

Hungary 1 - 4 Norway

Belarus 2 - 2 Albania

Serbia 1 - 0 Azerbaijan

Czech Republci 2 - Wales 1

Slovakia 6 - 1 Cyprus

Poland 1 - 3 Finland

Luxembourg 0 - 1 Netherlands

Germany 1 - 0 Republic of Ireland :D

Italy 1 - 1 Lithuania :D

Latvia 0 - 1 Sweden

Roman 2 - 2 Bulgaria

Moldova 0 - 1 Greece

Estonia 0 - 1 Israel

Spain 1 - 0 Liechtenstein

Big losers, Hungary, Romania and Poland

Your in a easy group there is no need to sluaghter teams.

There is if you play Luxembourg. Goal difference might turn out to be important. Much more importantl, we played crap. Luxembourg could easily have scored 2 or 3 goals, that's exactly the number of chances we created.

Nobody except 16 million Dutchies that is. No one has forgotten how crap we played during qualification for Germany and this game was 10 times worse.

The Dutch football (or sport in general) psyche is a weird one. The most important thing for us is playing good/beautiful football. We rather lose beautiful than win ugly. It is something foreigners can't and never will understand.

Furthermore, we just love to complain about everything. It's one of our national hobbies.

Nobody except 16 million Dutchies that is. No one has forgotten how crap we played during qualification for Germany and this game was 10 times worse.

The Dutch football (or sport in general) psyche is a weird one. The most important thing for us is playing good/beautiful football. We rather lose beautiful than win ugly. It is something foreigners can't and never will understand.

Furthermore, we just love to complain about everything. It's one of our national hobbies.

No wonder Canada and the Netherlands have such a close friendship (other then the obvious).

Was Netherlands even at full strength yesterday? From the goal and cards it didn't appear so.

Also, would you have rather tied a weak team that you should have thumped 1-1 a la Italy or won 1-0 not playing at your best a la Netherlands?

Netherlands is not the only team to be thankful of victory and don't be too harsh the game was in Luxembourgh afterall.

Anyways, I am completely shocked by two important results, Finland's 3-1 win over Poland in Warsaw and Norway's 4-1 thumping of Hungary in Budapest.

No wonder Canada and the Netherlands have such a close friendship (other then the obvious).

Was Netherlands even at full strength yesterday? From the goal and cards it didn't appear so.

The Netherlands wasn't at full strength. The reason for that is that Van Basten has decided to no longer pick players like Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid) and Van Bommel (Bayern München). He wasn't very happy (understatement) about the way the team played and he might change the entire team for wednesday's game against Belarus.

I personally would have loved to see Luxembourg score the 1-1. But that's just because I hate Van Basten and I'm more of a club fan (PSV Eindhoven) anyway.

England 5 - 0 Andorra

Georgia 0 - 3 France

Hungary 1 - 4 Norway

Belarus 2 - 2 Albania

Serbia 1 - 0 Azerbaijan

Slovakia 6 - 1 Cyprus

Poland 1 - 3 Finland

Germany 1 - 0 Republic of Ireland :D

Italy 1 - 1 Lithuania :D

Latvia 0 - 1 Sweden

Roman 2 - 2 Bulgaria

Moldova 0 - 1 Greece

Estonia 0 - 1 Israel

Spain 1 - 0 Liechtenstein

Big losers, Hungary, Romania and Poland

Italy 1 - 1 Lithuania :D ?

Are you happy ? :angry:

I hope to meet again Germany, as semifinals in World Cup :lol::P

The Netherlands wasn't at full strength. The reason for that is that Van Basten has decided to no longer pick players like Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid) and Van Bommel (Bayern München). He wasn't very happy (understatement) about the way the team played and he might change the entire team for wednesday's game against Belarus.

I personally would have loved to see Luxembourg score the 1-1. But that's just because I hate Van Basten and I'm more of a club fan (PSV Eindhoven) anyway.

I guess van Basten is looking to the future.

England 5 - 0 Andorra

Georgia 0 - 3 France

Hungary 1 - 4 Norway

Belarus 2 - 2 Albania

Serbia 1 - 0 Azerbaijan

Slovakia 6 - 1 Cyprus

Poland 1 - 3 Finland