Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

I have a potentially dumb question. In addition to corporate and retail Olympic pins, I am interested in NOC pins for 2010 and 2012. Has anybody on here attempted to request pins from different NOCs and if so, were you successful? As well, is there a form letter format I can use to send to these NOCs. I have found success with snail mail with my corporate search but it would get rather expensive for letters and stamps. If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated

You can send emails to the olympic committees and ask for pins too. Some of them will send you pins for free and some of them sell their pins. I have recieved a couple of pins from Sweden.

Go to the Official Olympic Store to join the Vancouver 2010 Pin Club.

- receive regular updates on the newest pins, pin sets and albums

- exciting, exclusive offers available solely to pin club subscribers

- previews of upcoming limited-edition pins

- the latest information on the Vancouver 2010 pins and pin sets.

- Subscription is free and you can opt-out at any time. No purchase is necessary.

Use the Promo Code 2010CLUB and get 50% off the official 2010 Collector's Pin Bag!

Also, be sure to pick up their monthly pins ... the June & July pins are still available, but act fast as they are limited to 300 each. They are already selling on eBay at a substantial mark up!

The monthly HBC pin for August is available today ... August 1.

Also, there will be 10 new retail pins coming very soon ... likely next week.

And don't forget the largest pin show ever to come to Vancouver starts next week to the Richmond Olympic Oval.

Friday Saturday 7 to Sunday August 9. If you are a serious pin collector (or anyone interested in this hobby) this in one not to miss!!!

If anyone has any extra HBC pins for June , July and August, please reply or PM me as I would be intersted in buying them or trading ( I have some corporate pins). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I live in Sask and the quantity of pins at the Bay available here is embarssingly bad

Captain canuck - your inbox is full. Sounds great. May I ask how much the pin + shipping would be. I have traders of Ricoh, Omega, General Mills Port Metro Vancouver, NBC - 2008 & 2010, Van - candidate city, and Gov't of Canada. I don't have a lot of room on here so if my mailbox is full, I will PM my e-mail

Don't for get the big pin show starting this Friday ...

Richmond 2009 Olympin Collectors Show

Show Times:

August 7 Friday 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

August 8 Saturday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

August 9 Sunday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Show Location:

Richmond Olympic Oval, 6111 River Road, Richmond

A special Opening Ceremony to mark the start the Richmond 2009 Olympin Collectors Club Show iis planed. Invited guests include:

• Official Representative(s) of the Musqueam First Nation

• His Worship, the Mayor of the City of Richmond or Alternate

• Royal Canadian Mounted Police Colour Guard

Can somebody post a list of NOCs contacted and what they're responses were? I'm about to start contacting them for pins but I want to know if it's too early.

Canada, US, Australia - no go but can purchase thru respective websites

Holland, Sweden Norway, Russia, South Korea - no answer (yet)

and Finland just sent me 3 pins (asked for 2) Thank you very much!! :D

Olympin seemed to be very successful with a steady stream of people coming and going. Some tables did quite well trading and selling. There were a few good specials, including pin books for 40% off. They had some great pins available for raffle, even if I was not winner. However, I was very happy with the pins that I got through trading and buying.

I tried to get one of the new YVR Mascot pins this morning, but they said they are no longer giving out pins. I guess with budget cuts there is no money to give out free pins!

That's one thing that sucks about this economic situation now. More companies are realizing they can make money off the pins. Look at the Wonder Bread offer for instance.

Hello guys,

I will post the pictures of the Olympin Show once I have downloaded them to my Computer Tomorrow, as I am really busy tonight.

Thanks,

Woody

Here is a video of the show : http://video.vancouver.24hrs.ca/video/feat...how/32664790001

And some pictures : http://www.pacificpinclub.org/2009occs.html

Thanks for those links. What was the selection of pins at the show? Was it just Olympic pins or was it everything including Disney pins?

The selection was really good,

People had a bunch of Disney and Olympic pins.

Radar the pin guy was also there.

A lot of people offered free pins from older olympics.

Also some people had Commonwealth Games pins and a lot of Coca-Cola Pins.

CTV also had an bobsleigh pin giveaway at the pin show on August 7 (the first day of the show).

This guy who had 8000+ pins was also there.