Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

SkiFreak, how much have you spent on all of these pins?!!! o_O

I'm gonna take a guess and say around $200. The official licensed pins are expensive at $8. They (VANOC) would still make a decent buck off them if they were priced around $5 and would probably sell more of them.

All the sponsorship pins I got for free. You just need to send a letter or e-mail to the sponsoring company and they will send you them. I noticed some sponsorship pins are going at around $14 on eBay.

Here's another pin I got today that's on clearance at the Bay. It's a 2006 pin form last year. It's kind of a strange pin and was very overpriced when it first came out. Last year it was $20 and now it's $5. It's a combination plastic and metal pin that has two sliding ends on it. Here's the pic:

Pins_2006_9.jpg

Pin in shortend position:

Pins_2006_9a.jpg

Back of pin. on the back it says "TM/MC 2005 VANOC/COVAN ARTISS AMICO R-3 CHINA"

Pins_2006_9b.jpg

I'm thinking about getting a couple more of these for trading in the future. I wish VANOC would be a little more strict on The Bay and how the Bay presents the 2010 merchandise in order to sell more and promote the games. A bunch of new pins came out but our Bay here in Kelowna isn't selling them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for any of you that live in the lower mainland or even in Calgary, and have been in a Zellers or the Bay lately. Are they selling any of the new pins that were put out? That would be the following sets:

Man and Nature series

Landmark series

Whistler series

Holiday series

Stone icon series

Snowflake series

Sports equipment series

The reason why I'm asking is that our Bay and Zellers here in Kelowna does not have any of the new pins. :( They are still selling the first set that apparently has been discontinued. I'm thinking they may put them out when the 3-year countdown begins next week maybe?

Well, the Bay store closest to my home has a couple of these pins available. That is just that one store that I know of that has some, but it doesn't look like it has any sales from it.

Well, the Bay store closest to my home has a couple of these pins available. That is just that one store that I know of that has some, but it doesn't look like it has any sales from it.

I think they may put some new stuff out next week with the start of the three year countdown.

I did add this pin to my collection:

Pins_2010_Gov_LegaciesNow.jpg

I sent an e-mail to RBC requesting a couple 2010 pins. They replied back the next day saying a couple pins are in the mail.

Wah... so many pins! I wish I had them without paying for them!!! XP

The sponsorship pins are free. All you got t o do is send them a letter or e-mail and they'll send you some. I'm getting some RBC pins in the mail,

Just a heads up, HBC has discounted the 2006 pins even further. They are now $2.00.

If you want to get a Petro Canada/Vancouver 2010 pin:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_PetroCanada.jpg

Write a snail mail letter to:

Petro Canada

National Community Investment Program

P.O. Box 2844

Calgary, Alta.

T2P 3E3

If you want to get Rona/Vancouver 2010 or Rona/COC pins:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_Rona.jpgPins_Sponsorship_Rona.jpg

RONA Inc.

Internet Customer Service

220 chemin du Tremblay

Boucherville, Quebec

J4B 8H7

If you want to get an HBC pin:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_HBC.jpg

Go to:

https://shop.hbc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...1&langId=-1

If you want a Bell Canada/COC pin:

Pins_Sponsorship_Bell.jpg

Bell Canada Executive Office of Client Relations,

P.O. Box 593, Station A,

Toronto, Ontario

M5W 1E4

I'm going to try Bell Canada again as they didn't have any Vancouver 2010 pins available when i contacted them last year. They ran out, but said they would have more in the future. It's funny, you can get these pins for free and some people are selling them for $15 on eBay and other sites such as:

http://www.pindemonium.com/va20pcapin.html

thanks for those addresses.

can i ask them for more than one pin? :P

Yes. So far I've gotten two pins from each of the sponsors. I just wrote in my letters that one is for myself and the other is for trading.

I just got a couple of theses pins in the mail today:

Pins_2010_Gov_SpiritOfBC.jpg

To get one, write a snail mail letter to:

2010 Legacies Now

400 - 1095 West Pender Street

Vancouver, BC

V6E 2M6

or e-mail:

SpiritofBC@2010LegaciesNow.com

They also have the "2010 Legacies Now' pins available.

thanks heaps for these addresses!

No problem.

I got a couple pins in the mail today from RBC:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_RBC.jpg

I requested a Vancouver 2010 pin but insted they sent me two of the COC logo pins. I'll try them again in a few months for 2010 pins. To get these pins go to there Commuity Matketing ans Sponsorship department at:

http://www.rbc.com/contactus/community_email.html

They had a quick response, they e-mailed me the next day and the pins were here about a week and a half later.

I sent out a bunch of letters to companies requesting pins, including the City of Vancouver and Municipality of Whistler, so I'll report back on what I got.

can u give us one sample of your letters?

Sure, this is the one I sent to the City of Vancouver a week ago followed by an e-mail response I got back today:

February 7, 2007

City of Vancouver

453 West 12th Avenue

Vancouver, BC

V5Y 1V4

CANADA

To whom it may concern:

Subject: City of Vancouver 2010 Olympics pin inquiry

Hello! I was wondering if the City of Vancouver has any pins promoting the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. I am aware of the official VANOC pins that are available at HBC stores, but I was wondering if there are any available with the city’s logo. If there are any available, how can I obtain them? I’m interested in obtaining two: one for myself and the other for trading. Thanks.

Here's the e-mail response I got today:
thank you for your letter of February 7. Unfortunately, the City of Vancouver does not have any Vancouver Olympic Pins at the moment. I've heard through the rumour mill that they will be available in 2009 but have no concrete information at the moment. Please accept our apologies.

What the F@$%?? They're the host city and they don't have any pins?? Somebody in the marketing department should be fired.

Radar the pin Guy (http://www.radarthepinguy.com/index.htm) has almost all the pins, even ones put out by the City of Vancouver and the ones that HBC is supposed to be selling but so far aren't here in Kelowna.

as per to post above.

as the rules are, the Host City/ Province/ Venue City CANNOT use their city logo in ANY ads, or promotional activity. They also cannot say vancouver 2010, but they can say "host city to the 2010 winter olympics" like what is said on signs coming into Vancouver (Oak St. Bridge)

As for pins...

as a City Employee, I recieved a "Host City" Pin, as part of a privalige as a City Employee. I doubt they are selling those right away, but i guess in 2009 they will sell them.

Also the employees recieved the pins as part of the 3 year celebrations.

As for pins...

as a City Employee, I recieved a "Host City" Pin, as part of a privalige as a City Employee. I doubt they are selling those right away, but i guess in 2009 they will sell them.

I was hoping to get the host city pin. the one with the light blue border on it. Oh well, just have to wait till 2009 I guess. I noticed on Radar the Pin Guys website that Ricoh and Teck Comino both have pins. I tried e-mailing them but haven't received a reply. I also sent HBC an e-mail asking if the are going to be selling any of the new sets here in Kelowna - hopefully I'll get a reply from them too.

Here's a good find I made at the local Value Village today, a Sam the Eagle pin from the 1984 LA Summer Games:

Pins_1984_1.jpg

This is the only '84 games pin I have in my collection so far.

SkiFreak, it seems that there are already Vancouver 2010 pins on sale in eBay Canada. Come see for yourself here.

Link: eBay Canada's Vancouver 2010 Page

They've been on there for a while now. i was just looking at this listing for the 3-Year countdown pin:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vancouver-2010-Olympic-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I noticed it mentions the "Olympic Store in Vancouver." Where exactly is the Olympic Store in Vancouver? This may be the reason why The Bay here in Kelowna doesn't have any of the new pins available. They may be exclusive to this store. So, doe anybody know where the Olympic Store is in Vancouver?

The Olympic store is located at the Head Office. They have some pins available there, and have an exclusive "Olympic Store" pin availabe. I believe only 500 were produced.

Aha, that makes sense now. I take it at some point VANOC will have an online store like the Torino website? How come they don't have one already? Is that some IOC rule?

For your amusement, I sent HBC an e-mail asking them why our local Bay here in Kelowna doesn't have any of the new pin sets and to see if they had any of the silver or gold sponsorship pins available. This is what I sent them:

Hello,

I was wondering if HBC is selling any of the new Vancouver 2010 Olympics pins that were released. I live in Kelowna, BC and all they have here in the local Bay and Zellers are the pins that came out in the first set. I noticed on the internet that sets of pins like the snowflake series and the sports series have come out but our stores here haven't yet got them in. Will they be selling the new pin sets in the near future?

Also, does HBC have any of the gold or silver 2010 sponsorship pins available? I'm interested in obtaining two, one for myself and the other for trading. Thanks.

This is their somewhat informationless reply (informationless in that they didn't answer my specific question about the new sets of pins being sold):
Further to your inquiry regarding Vancouver 2010 Pins, below is an

internet link from which you can order Vancouver 2010 Pins and Pin Sets

that we have currently available.

Please note that we will be having the Limited Edition Countdown Pin

Puzzle Set available on line in the beginning of May. Regarding the

gold and silver 2010 Sponsorship pins, currently we do not have these

available for sale. However, keep checking our website as we are

constantly updating it with our new merchandise.

We appreciate your interest in our Pin program and wish to thank you for

your inquiry.

http://shop.hbc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv..._category=12560

:blink:<_<

It's funny, I didn't enquire at all about their online store. But if you check it out even on there they aren't selling any of the new pins.

I've got some pin responses.

First, I contacted Teck Cominco about pins. They do have 2010 sponsorship pins, but have them reserved for employees. However, they are sending me one in the mail.

Secondly, I received a reply from Tourism Whistler. Currently they don't have any pins available as they are redoing their logo, but they did say they will have pins in the future. So I wouldn't feel empty handed, they did send me a 2010 Legacies Now pin.

Thirdly, I got reply back today from the Resort Municipality of Whistler. They sent me 4 pins! They sent two pins each of the following:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_Whistler.jpg

Here's Whistler's 2010 games page:

http://www.whistler.ca/content/blogcategory/55/98/

Their contact info is at the very bottom of the page. you can try contacting them either through snail mail or e-mail. I contacted them through snail mail. If anybody on these boards works for the Resort Municipality of Whistler, thanks for the pins!