Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

I got a pin that's the two emblems in colour on solid metal in an oblong rectangle that they were giving out to volunteers at the first orientation. Pretty basic but makes a statement. I'm not sure if its available for purchase or not.

Even though it's not 2010, here is something I scored today at the local Value Village for $3.99:

it's the 1988 Calgary Olympic Games Coca Cola Mascot Pin set! It does need some "restoration" work. The front plastic is a little dusty and scratched and the frame is separating a little bit. Also, a number of the pins have "yellowed" over the years. There's only three in the set that are still nice and white. I have a couple loose pins from this set and they too have yellowed. It's hard to find ones that haven't discoloured over the years. For 20 pins you can't beat a price of $3.99! I'm hoping we get some sets like this for 2010.

Pins_1988_CocaColaMascotSet.jpg

Pins_1988_CocaColaMascotSetPlaque.jpg

Congrats on the find. One cannot beat a price like that. Are you planning on using the pins set for your collection or are your going to break it apart for traders? I have done both on inexpensive frames sets I have found at flea markets, EBay, etc. The old pins can be used as traders and as "extras" when someone whats an extra pin to make a trade.

Be sure to check out The Bay for their new exclusives! There will be one pin per month that you can only get at The Bay.

Yesterday I picked up one (well, OK, I picked up 4) with Mukmuk holding a Canadian flag and waving a Canada pennant.

Each customer is limited to buying 4. I'm not sure how many are being produced.

They have pictures of the other pins in the series in the store - I went to The Bay in Downtown Vancouver.

Update on the pins situation on my end:

Confirmed:

Ricoh and Sportsnet said they would send some

Declined:

Workopolis

Spirit of BC - said sure we'll give some to you if I am in BC and attend an event. <_<

RBC

No answer:

Panasonic

Birks

Coca Cola (I get the iCoke ones)

Bell

City of Vancouver

TSN

CTV

Swatch

Canada Post

General Mills

I've had some joy with asking for pins from sponsors, which I think is impressive given that I am based in the UK. Some are being a bit snooty and sending responses which say they will not send pins abroad. I'm not having the same problem with London!

I just checked with the Bay and the special "Pin of the Month" is limited to only 496 pins. Also, it is only available at the Bay's in the Vancouver area. As of right now, I believe most of the Bay's are sold out.

The Mukmuk pin holding a Canada banger is really cute.

I saw photos of the complete collection today. Some great looking pins in this set, particularly the one for the Olympic Torch.

There are also 4 sets of pins/coins exclusive to the Bay. Each set contains 1 colored dollar coin, 1 colored quarter plus 4 or 5 pins. These are numbered LED sets of 2500 each. They sell for $79.95 each. The sets are as follows ...

Slap Shot

Curling

Pairs Skating

Free Style Skiing

The Bay downtown is currently sold out, but more are on order.

I received a reply back from "Johnny" with CTV BC. I used the mailing address for Alexis Chicoine earlier in this thread and he was perplexed by it and he informed me that they do not have any of the standard inukshuk CTV pins left to send out. He did mention an 8 piece set that is being done currently. Unfortunately, since I do not live in BC he cannot and will not assist me. Is there anybody on the board who is collecting these pins and knows if/when the set will be sold. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to purchase 1. Adversely, if anyone is selling a spare set or individual pins please contact me by replying or sending a PM

Be sure to check out The Bay for their new exclusives! There will be one pin per month that you can only get at The Bay.

Yesterday I picked up one (well, OK, I picked up 4) with Mukmuk holding a Canadian flag and waving a Canada pennant.

Each customer is limited to buying 4. I'm not sure how many are being produced.

They have pictures of the other pins in the series in the store - I went to The Bay in Downtown Vancouver.

So they are doing one Mukmuk pins and less than 500. I believe that is the only Mukmuk item. They said they would only use him online. I must find one of these.

So they are doing one Mukmuk pins and less than 500. I believe that is the only Mukmuk item. They said they would only use him online. I must find one of these.

You'll be happy to hear that there are MANY more Mukmuk items, including pins and plush. He was set free from the internet last November when the other three mascots had their first birthday.

This pin is selling out, and the date for the next one (BC map and BC flag for BC Day) has been pushed back one week to July 15th - saw that on a sign at the Bay at Metrotown in Burnaby.

i'm a bit of a collector nut, (mostly the official collection by artiss aminco) and was looking at this Officially Licensed Lapel Pins Collector's Guide to Pins (version 2 - Jan 06 to Dec 08) and noticed a pin set that I haven't seen in any stores, nor seems to exist anywhere but in this collector's guide. I've even checked artiss' website and it's not there either.

It's the Mascot Pin Collector Series - Set #4. Environment (VAN-SS019). It has each one of the Mascots (Quatchi, Miga, Sumi and Mukmuk) on a different pin in their own 'habitat' There are 4 pins in this one set (to 3 for each of the others) and is the only one that has mukmuk represented. Their are 3 other sets listed in this series at the time it was produced (Flags SS016, Whister SS017, Photos SS018). There are now two more in this series (Memories SS020 & Vancouver SS021).

Any information would be helpful (if you know) - I'll probably ask radarthepinguy as well. I think it may have been scrapped after they realized it, because Mukmuk was part of the set whereas none of the others seem to have him there and that it also became of 4 pin collection as opposed to 3.

Also, sidebar comment - I was on the BC Ferries this weekend and they had one of the 'welcome' pins for Taiwan still in it's gift shop. I picked up one (acually - didn't have that one) and they had about dozen left. It was the one with the flag and saying welcome in chinese script. I told the lady at the counter, and the response I got was like I was speaking Manadrin to her. :huh: Beautiful weekend to be on the sunshine coast.

i'm a bit of a collector nut, (mostly the official collection by artiss aminco) and was looking at this Officially Licensed Lapel Pins Collector's Guide to Pins (version 2 - Jan 06 to Dec 08) and noticed a pin set that I haven't seen in any stores, nor seems to exist anywhere but in this collector's guide. I've even checked artiss' website and it's not there either.

It's the Mascot Pin Collector Series - Set #4. Environment (VAN-SS019). It has each one of the Mascots (Quatchi, Miga, Sumi and Mukmuk) on a different pin in their own 'habitat' There are 4 pins in this one set (to 3 for each of the others) and is the only one that has mukmuk represented. Their are 3 other sets listed in this series at the time it was produced (Flags SS016, Whister SS017, Photos SS018). There are now two more in this series (Memories SS020 & Vancouver SS021).

Any information would be helpful (if you know) - I'll probably ask radarthepinguy as well. I think it may have been scrapped after they realized it, because Mukmuk was part of the set whereas none of the others seem to have him there and that it also became of 4 pin collection as opposed to 3.

Also, sidebar comment - I was on the BC Ferries this weekend and they had one of the 'welcome' pins for Taiwan still in it's gift shop. I picked up one (acually - didn't have that one) and they had about dozen left. It was the one with the flag and saying welcome in chinese script. I told the lady at the counter, and the response I got was like I was speaking Manadrin to her. :huh: Beautiful weekend to be on the sunshine coast.

Fisher, I sent you a pm as to your request

The "Environment" set (SS019) is to be released at a later date as Set #6??? Set #4 is now "In Vancouver" and #5 is "Making Memories".

The Bay released pin #2 of their monthly LED pins. It is a colorful pin in the shape of the Province and featuring the BC Flag. They are currently available at the Bay downtown Vancouver.

I have a potentially dumb question. In addition to corporate and retail Olympic pins, I am interested in NOC pins for 2010 and 2012. Has anybody on here attempted to request pins from different NOCs and if so, were you successful? As well, is there a form letter format I can use to send to these NOCs. I have found success with snail mail with my corporate search but it would get rather expensive for letters and stamps. If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated

The new retail pins include a venue/mascot set ...

Miga - Richmond Olympic Oval

Quatchi - Canada Hockey Place

Quatchi & Miga - Pacific Colesium

Quatchi & Miga - Vancouver Olympic Centre

Sumi - UBC Thunderbird Arena

Quatchi & Miga - BC Place

There is also a Landscape and Maple Leaf pin with the designs used for the posters.