Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

There still is a chance to get a CTV 1 Year to Go pin ... but you have to watch the News at 6pm every night to find out how! Great way to get ratings up!

Already on eBay! Here:

CTV 1 Year to Go pin

and here:

CTV 1 Year to Go pin

I saw an "Own the Podium 2010" pin on eBay. Does anyone happen to know where that one is obtainable?

I got a pin from GM today and two from Ricoh :)

Which one did you get from GM? Is it the rectangular one with the 2010 logo on the left and GM's logo on the right? Or did they send the blue stone-shaped one? I've got the rectangular one. I may try them again as well to see if they could send the blue stone-shaped one.

After looking around on eBay last night, I noticed that Molson has a pin as well. I sent them a message and just got a reply back from them. They don't have any right now but should have some in about 3 weeks. The Molson Breweries pin is one that Radar does not have on his website.

Which one did you get from GM? Is it the rectangular one with the 2010 logo on the left and GM's logo on the right? Or did they send the blue stone-shaped one? I've got the rectangular one. I may try them again as well to see if they could send the blue stone-shaped one.

After looking around on eBay last night, I noticed that Molson has a pin as well. I sent them a message and just got a reply back from them. They don't have any right now but should have some in about 3 weeks. The Molson Breweries pin is one that Radar does not have on his website.

They sent me the one with the GM logo on the right.

I have the blue one with the whale but I got that from a friend.

I saw an "Own the Podium 2010" pin on eBay. Does anyone happen to know where that one is obtainable?

I purchased one some time ago through e-Bay or a pin collector. It is not any easy pin to find. I am not sure who actually released it ... possibly the COC or Federal Government?

Tomorrow evening (Wednesday) CTV will announce where and when to pick up a 1 Year to Go 2010 Pin on the news at 5, 6 & 11pm.

Any idea when they will release the next pin in the set? Is it going to be 1 pin-a-month or something?

I got my sponsor pins from Teck Cominco and the Spirit of BC today =)

Spirit of BC sent me 4 pins in total, a Vancouver 2010 Olympic logo pin, a Paralympic logo pin, a 2010 Legacies Now pin, and a Spirit of BC pin.

Since I can't delete the post, I'll pass this along.

I got in trouble from Spirit of BC today. They sent this along to me.

Since sending you the pins, we have received many requests pins from others. We do not usually send pins to persons who are not on our committee, but did it this once as a favour to you. If you are notifying others that we send out pins, please stop. Our pins are meant for committee members only.

Thank you,

Spirit of BC

Tomorrow evening (Wednesday) CTV will announce where and when to pick up a 1 Year to Go 2010 Pin on the news at 5, 6 & 11pm.

So these are only in the BC area.

Yes, the CTV pins are only available to residences of BC. If you live outside the Vancouver or Whistler area you can request one by mail by sending a self addressed envelope.

Apparently 100,000 of the 1 Year to Go CTV pins have been made ... so there are plenty available.

While it is nice to share ... sometimes it just actually makes it difficult for everyone else to get these pins. Everyone knows who these corporations are that are sponsors or suppliers to the 2010 Olympics. It is not difficult to find them on the internet to an e-mail or snail mail address.

There are a few corporate sponsors and suppliers, like CTV and Bell, that like to use their pins for promotion. They are happy to give out pins. There are others that will give out pins to only a few people that request them ... it may just come down to who reads your e-mail or letter. Many corporations strictly control the pins that are only for internal use and limited in number. There are others that are in extremely limited supply ... ones that were only issued to executives or special events. These pins are only available from collectors that through their jobs have close contacts with the company. The only way to get them is to buy them on e-Bay or directly from the collector.

Don't worry about it. There must be a real dumb-dumb on their end that obviously forgets who is paying and supporting these games: us! I've got a "Spirit of BC" and a "2010 Legacies Now" but I'm still looking for a "Spirit of 2010" pin. I'm going to try them again sometime in the spring when the 1-year-to-go hype winds down and there may be less requests. As far as other sponsors, as Bob mentioned, all sponsors names/logos are listed on VANOC's website, and for as long as the internet has been around and Olympic committees list the sponsors, collector's have been using this channel to acquire pins.

Also be patient with some responses. Like I mentioned earlier in one post when I contacted BCLC about pins, the first response was now. But then someone else got a hold of the message and the ended up sending me 6 pins! It may have helped that they were in the media spotlight last year with those retailers winning more than they should and one of their executives resigned. I guess they thought sending out pins was good PR.

Now speaking about the government agency/group like Spirit of 2010, I think I'll try our government again. I want some pins for my tax dollars. Gordo can't horde them all! :P

Just a note, also try places like Value Village for pins. Here at the local one they used to have a little bin with lapel pins. I've managed to find a number of Calgary '88 pins as well as an LA '84 Sam the Eagle pin, a Montreal '76 logo pin, and some Salt Lake City '02 pins. I also found more than a dozen "2010 Legacies Now" pins still sealed in their plastic wrapper, so that goes to show you where they end up, in the hands of individuals that don't appreciate them. I think I only paid about 20 cents per pin.

I guess some of you may be aware about the Olympin show that's happening for four days in August at the Richmond Oval. If not here's info about it:

http://www.pacificpinclub.org/2009OCCS_Home.html

Don't worry about it. There must be a real dumb-dumb on their end that obviously forgets who is paying and supporting these games: us! I've got a "Spirit of BC" and a "2010 Legacies Now" but I'm still looking for a "Spirit of 2010" pin. I'm going to try them again sometime in the spring when the 1-year-to-go hype winds down and there may be less requests. As far as other sponsors, as Bob mentioned, all sponsors names/logos are listed on VANOC's website, and for as long as the internet has been around and Olympic committees list the sponsors, collector's have been using this channel to acquire pins.

Also be patient with some responses. Like I mentioned earlier in one post when I contacted BCLC about pins, the first response was now. But then someone else got a hold of the message and the ended up sending me 6 pins! It may have helped that they were in the media spotlight last year with those retailers winning more than they should and one of their executives resigned. I guess they thought sending out pins was good PR.

Now speaking about the government agency/group like Spirit of 2010, I think I'll try our government again. I want some pins for my tax dollars. Gordo can't horde them all! :P

Just a note, also try places like Value Village for pins. Here at the local one they used to have a little bin with lapel pins. I've managed to find a number of Calgary '88 pins as well as an LA '84 Sam the Eagle pin, a Montreal '76 logo pin, and some Salt Lake City '02 pins. I also found more than a dozen "2010 Legacies Now" pins still sealed in their plastic wrapper, so that goes to show you where they end up, in the hands of individuals that don't appreciate them. I think I only paid about 20 cents per pin.

I guess some of you may be aware about the Olympin show that's happening for four days in August at the Richmond Oval. If not here's info about it:

http://www.pacificpinclub.org/2009OCCS_Home.html

What Salt Lake pins did you get? Would you be interested in trading possibly? I collect 2002 pins too since I was born in Utah :)

What Salt Lake pins did you get? Would you be interested in trading possibly? I collect 2002 pins too since I was born in Utah :)

Oops, I got it mixed up. I thought I had two Salt Lake City pins, but I only got one. My Salt Lake City pin is Daimler Chrysler Canada COC sponsorship pin. The other pin I thougt was a Salt Lake pin is actually a 2006 Petro Canada COC sponsorship pin. I want to hold onto my Salt Lake pin as it's the only one I have from those games.

I got my Millenium Water pin in the mail today. Wow, that was fast. Must be all the TV coverage the Olympic Village has been getting lately. ;)

first time poster! I just happened to run into this board a couple days and since then I've been hooked to pin collecting. Ive always had interest in pins as I have some from before but the olympic spirit just took over! Today I was lucky enough to go the opening of the Vancouver Olympic Centre and got 2 1year left CTV pins and a official venue pin!

According to the CTV website the "1 Year to Go" pin offer has ended, however those outside the lower mainland that sent in requests postmarked up to Feb 20 will be honoured.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/C...olumbia2010pins

Anybody know when they are planning to release the next pin in the set?

According to the CTV website the "1 Year to Go" pin offer has ended, however those outside the lower mainland that sent in requests postmarked up to Feb 20 will be honoured.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/C...olumbia2010pins

Anybody know when they are planning to release the next pin in the set?

My CTV "1 Year to Go" pin arrived in the mail today. B) A little insert came with it saying the next pin that will be released will be the speed skating pin, however there isn't a date provided.

I wish they could send out the collector cards through the mail to us that are outside the lower mainland. Anybody have a photo how the collector card looks like?

I work near the CTV Vancouver studio. On Feb., 12, 2009 I went at 10:25, 12:40, 15:25 and 16:40 during my breaks and after work to get a 1 Year To Go CTV pin each time. The line up the first time was around barriers within the atrium, out the door and along the sidewalk to the Robson and Burrard corner. The line up was shorter during the latter 3 times. By the second time all the collector cards were gone. I did pick up some cards from the trash bin. Some cards were still mint and unopened. At noon 3 mascots were out on the sidewalk with handlers. I got 7 x 6 inches square with round corners With Glowing Hearts stickers from the handlers. I hope the next 7 pins will be given out at the CTV studio. Hopefully I can get 4 pins each time.

Demolisher

surrey.bc.ca

Can I ask a question. Do all or most of you live in Canada? I live in NY and I am hoping that some of the sponsers will send me pins even though I am outside Canada.

Also, what is the email for RBC and BCLC?? I have tried every email on their sites over 4 months ago and got nothing. Just wanted to know if there were specific emails. Thanks.

Currently there have been over 600 2010 Olympic & Paralympic pins retail (about 330) and non-retail (about 275) released. The count will be well over 1000 by the time the games start.

There are 3 new winter sports pins coming out shortly for curling. There were recently added to the Artiss Aminco site.

Can I ask a question. Do all or most of you live in Canada? I live in NY and I am hoping that some of the sponsers will send me pins even though I am outside Canada.

Also, what is the email for RBC and BCLC?? I have tried every email on their sites over 4 months ago and got nothing. Just wanted to know if there were specific emails. Thanks.

I live in California and have been collecting Olympic sponsor pins since 1984. I've written to sponsors all over the world and received pins. I sent snail mails to RBC & BCLC last year and received pins from both companies. I emailed Millennium Water last week and received their pin today. Good luck!